First Son
1 posts

Re: Please Sony, do something against the Game Genie

Aug 16, 2013

It's the word cheat that gives it the negative affect. I work my **bleep** off in games when i'm able to play. When I get to a certain point of if I beat the game, I dont see what the problem would be to have some extra fun. If it doesnt affect online gaming, then I dont see the problem. As for trohpies, I wouldnt see a problem if they took people off the offcial leader boards if they read a game genie modded code. I like getting trophies, but i'm not in competion with the rest of the world.

Message 71 of 88 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Aug 16, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Better to post this to the Blog Share. 

Blog Share hasn't worked since late last year buddy.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 72 of 88 (500 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Oct 4, 2013
If Sony had a problem with things like game genie, don't you think they would have put a stop to them on PS2! It's the same exact situation because it had online play also. Who cares if there's a rank for trophys! There's several other things that are ranked as well that can't be cheated at, and that's where the non-cheating players will shine.
Message 73 of 88 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Oct 4, 2013

Message 74 of 88 (441 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 7, 2013
Trophies ruin gaming period, because of trophies is why Sony, Nintendo and Xbox moved away from supporting game genie, action replay and game shark, a decade ago video game magazines released their cheat codes column, even as far as helping games play with codes.

I cannot play a game if it's not cheat able, I like playing it with ridicously god mode effects unlimited items and etc, I don't play multiplayer at all because I hate it, it's just me, I can't stand playing with other players, and I don't care about trophies at all, why should I care just because the game company wants you to play the game the way they intended it? No sorry, I play the game as I want it and see fit, and now I don't have time to sit down and do a whole play through in a whole day, I just want to see the storyline progress and see it unfold, legit gamers play however they want to play, sometimes companies want you to do what they want you to do to earn hard items and it's not even worth it anymore, long gone are the days when you play a game on super hard and got extra characters, missions, or new weapons, they leave all that stuff for dlc, which is bs in my opinion.

Plus cheating affects the way we live, and if you don't understand that you haven't gotten around the way of true businesses, only the careless get caught, it's a sad reality for nearly everyone, but if you don't cheat the system how else can you improve your product? Just ask the hackers who get hired by the government to hack their own websites for better security.
Message 75 of 88 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Only losers call it cheating. Winners call it effective use of unconventional tactics. Deal with it.

Message 76 of 88 (271 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 6, 2014

so not true, you can not use the game genie online nor can you use it to get trophies. Get your facts straight

Message 77 of 88 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Jan 6, 2014

You may want to check the dates of OPs before you get to riled up there cowboy.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 78 of 88 (255 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8179 posts

Jan 6, 2014

Souljaslimm wrote:

so not true, you can not use the game genie online nor can you use it to get trophies. Get your facts straight

There's a modified gamesave of LBP and LBP2 that can be used to insta-platinum both games.

Get your facts straight.

Message 79 of 88 (241 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jan 14, 2014

i h8te dry snitching p!gs!

Message 80 of 88 (191 Views)
0 Likes