Treasure Hunter
4811 posts

Re: Please Sony, do something against the Game Genie

May 12, 2013

Wow I remember the Game Genie. Back in the day, when I played on the old NES, I actually had one of these bad boys. Those were good times. Infinite lives was a big one. 

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 51 of 88 (469 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 12, 2013
meh, I don't see the point.
Message 52 of 88 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

May 12, 2013

demigoddddd2012 wrote:

People should get over themselves. Has anyone went and read the online Q&A at the game genie website? They will NOT make codes for games that might affect online play.  So what's the big deal? People can get trophies however they want it is their freaking game. If I want to use cheat codes on challenging games I will. If it gets me a trophy so what I DO NOT  care. No one cares what rank you are in the world or where ever you are from. Video games are meant for entertainment not to compare yourself to to everyone else in the world. They are not meant to grow an individual's ego but to pass time. I know this this thread is old but people just need to get over this game genie. I grew up using gameshark, game genie and action replay codes. @ Doppel

Well, I got to post a rebuttal now, do I?

The Game Genie may have preloaded codes that don't affect online play (or at least they claim), but it comes with Advanced Mode that you can enable that CAN affect online play.

Let's go back with my example about Gran Turismo 5. You can load this on Advanced Mode, head straight to a specific offset and then mess with the Horsepower Multiplier and Gear Ratio of the vehicle. Then you'd get Hacked Schimmwagens that outrun legitimate x2011s on Online Races and take away rewards from legit players on Seasonal Events.

I got more examples, but you know what? I don't have time for this topic.

Message 53 of 88 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

May 12, 2013

Sony should do something about Game Genie and other cheating devices for online play. I am a frequent user of Action Replay for my PS2 , and their is nothing wrong with messing around offline. But when you steal from legit gamers who want to enjoy the game legit, something needs to be done. 

Just throwing in my 2 cents.

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 54 of 88 (455 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 26, 2013

to all my friends in both sidesSmiley Tonguelease take it easy,i would love to say for people against game genie:im understand your feeling about using it to get trophyes cuz im also work hard for every one of them,but after i got the game genie and try it its not that realy bad,i mean you still can have the hard trophyes and the one that required a hi gaming levle cuz whats realy good about ps3 game genie is that give you a limite help wih the game only LIKE max the money or open all charcters in the game,so if you have a trophy asking you to beat the game on very hard levle without dieing the game genie can"t help you and you have to do it the old school way

not like the old game geniees which gave infinity health and same whith magic power and lives,here you are rigth cuz the games became no fun any more and you can play it with closed eyes hahaha

every game have a diferant levles of trophyes so if you got all the hard ones you are a real player,then you don"t have to play a game that you already beat a 100 times just to open an art museum on title screen,that would be realy borring,don"t you think?

FINALY tow things:1,i respect both of your thinking about the game genie and.....2,forgev my bad english and thanks for lestining,

if you want to be my friend on ps3 my online ID:swordmaker2011 and i take only nice people for friends,

thanks.

Message 55 of 88 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
513 posts

May 27, 2013
game genie has been around for about 2 decades now its now new at all
Message 56 of 88 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

May 27, 2013
Why would anyone defend obtaining trophies they haven't earned..? What's the point of trophies if you can put a device in your USB to unlock em...
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 57 of 88 (417 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Dudes, dudes! Why is everyone so bloody worked up over this? Getting all bent out of shape because there are people unfairly getting trophies/beating the game, in the end it's all just coding. What right do we have to say how someone can or cannot play their games?

If you want to work your butt off and legitimately get trophies, right on! If you want to use a cheat system (things that have been used for ages) then go right ahead, so long as you're having fun.

Most of the Game Genie codes are for offline only(and a lot of them only affect how much money you have), very few of them affect online, an example would be White Knight Chronicles, however their online ability has been shut off, so it doesn't really matter anymore anyway (cries for the loss of WKC R.I.P.)

Lets not forget that a LOT of ps3 games (that aren't for online) have their trophies set up where you get them simply for completing chapters of the story, so you're going to get them whether you're cheating or not.

I know several people who aren't that "gifted" at playing games, and even those who have problem with their hands and can't easily play games but still want to know the amazing stories, so the Game Genie is like a godsend to those less able(plus there are some games out there that just seem bloody impossible to play without cheating, I'm looking at YOU, Van Helsing, you little **bleep**)

Let's not get our panties in a twist over this, and just play your games the way YOU want to, and let go. Those who work your butts off to finish games and trophies, take PRIDE in your work, but don't hate on those who didn't work as hard as you, you don't know them or why they cheated, and you never know, some day YOU may turn into one of those who you ragged on so much.

Message 58 of 88 (356 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 8, 2013

definitely agree.. theres absolutely no reason to play a game if you cheat

Message 59 of 88 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14385 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Who cares how people earn trophies? I earned all mine properly, but I actually don't care if people want to cheat to get them.

They are spoiling the game for themselves. They aren't spoiling it for me.

Message 60 of 88 (350 Views)
0 Likes