Dec 26 2012
By: Aphoh First Son 1 posts

(Please Help!!!)--Weird Ps3 Problems

1 replies 83 views Edited Dec 26, 2012

Hello,

Recently i bought a few blu-ray movies (Moonrise Kingdom + The Hunger Games to be specific), and that night when I tried to play them, it wouldn't read the discs. I later tried to play a blu-ray game (Black Ops 2) and it wouldn't play either. Now because my ps3 is roughly 2.5 years old, i decided to open it up and clean off the bluray/dvd lenses, On top of this I did a full and total reset from recovery and reinstalled the PS3 firmware (4.31) from a flash drive. All went well and I attempted to play Black Ops 2, and It Worked! After a few hours of gaming, I attempted to play one of the Blu-Ray movies, yet it wouldn't read! The PS3 would take the disc, read for about 15 seconds, make a weird sort of ejecting noise and then do nothing. I then put Black Ops 2 back in and it read fine. Please help me.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Re: (Please Help!!!)--Weird Ps3 Problems

Dec 26, 2012
disc based lens cleaners can be frowned upon, although they've always done the job for me - rule out the easy stuff first and try longpressing the eject button for about 20 seconds to reset the blu ray drive, then try a cross section of games/movies, e.g. 10, simply to give some indication as to whether it's the blu ray player generally or the disc(s)..... ;-) you may need a new laser but that's a little premature without further info :-)
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2 (77 Views)
0 Likes