Apr 17 2014
By: ISEMAN Uncharted Territory 1672 posts

Please Go Vote For A Download List Sorting Function On The Share Blog!

[ Edited ]
8 replies 440 views Edited Apr 17, 2014

Hi all,

Please click on the share.blog link below and vote this function up....it's long overdue in my opinion.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/17/better-psn-download-list-browsing/

I'm trying to rekindle some fire around this functionality that I feel has been grossly overlooked by Sony in their gradual transition to an all digital content delivery system.

As you can see from the link below, I requested this function WAY back in 2008, and my download list was much smaller at that time.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/The-Stores-Downloads-Section-needs-to-be-...

Now that I have content (demos, movies, music, games, add-ons, etc) for the PSP, PS3, PS4 and PS Vita, I need to be able to sort the download list by system at the very least!!!  I know with the PS Vita, I have to sort through hundreds if not thousands of downloads for the PSP, PS3 and PS4 in order to find content that is PS Vita compatible.  With the limite space on the Vita due to expensive/small memory cards, we need to be able to quickly find those items to add/remove them as we wish.  Also, anyone who has had to reload PS3 content to a hard drive knows what a nightmare the download list is to work with.

Please guys, vote this suggestion up...then maybe it will get the attention it deserves.

Thanks,

ISEMAN

Mod Edit: Updated title for length and clarity. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TwistedTarantula

Message 1 of 9 (440 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Re: Please Go Vote For A Download List Sorting Function On The Share Blog!

Apr 17, 2014

alright, i did, not because its a really good idea, but because you asked.

funny 600 people voted no, makes little sense.

Message 2 of 9 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1672 posts

Apr 17, 2014

haha, thanks harley7...I think!?

Obviously there are a lot of good ideas on that share blog, but why do you feel this is not a good idea, especially on the Vita.  Or were you just being sarcastic?

Recent experience with my new Vita shows what a pain the bloated download list has become, the list has EVERYTHING on it for all platforms and content type.  Why should I have to wade through 100's of PS3 items to find the Vita items I really want to download?

Thanks for the vote though, and not sure why 600 would vote against either, kind of odd.

Message 3 of 9 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Apr 17, 2014

ISEMAN wrote:

haha, thanks harley7...I think!?

Obviously there are a lot of good ideas on that share blog, but why do you feel this is not a good idea, especially on the Vita.  Or were you just being sarcastic?

Recent experience with my new Vita shows what a pain the bloated download list has become, the list has EVERYTHING on it for all platforms and content type.  Why should I have to wade through 100's of PS3 items to find the Vita items I really want to download?

Thanks for the vote though, and not sure why 600 would vote against either, kind of odd.

it is a great idea, i forgot to insert a wink smiley at the end of my post. Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink

may fatty 60gb had some issues thru last summer so i had to reformat or whatever sorny calles it, 6 times. with multiple accounts with over 800 downlaods just on this main account, i didnt even bother to download all my psn games, only the active ps3 digi games that i found. trying to get all the lbp was way too much effort.

Message 4 of 9 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2613 posts

Apr 17, 2014

I would like to, but at this point I don't think it would help as it hasn't been updated since October of 2012. That place is techically dead.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 5 of 9 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Apr 17, 2014

I voted "Yes". Now we need to bug a certain twitter if we wanted actions taken.

https://twitter.com/yosp

Reduce prices for digital edition of games permanently if it is older than 2 years.
Message 6 of 9 (409 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13615 posts

Apr 17, 2014

Bulletpainpills wrote:

I would like to, but at this point I don't think it would help as it hasn't been updated since October of 2012. That place is techically dead.

It's actually not going to be for long.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/14299-playstation-blog-share-coming-back-soon-will-focus-only-ps4ps-vita...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 9 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Apr 17, 2014

**bleep** O_____O People voted no?

Dude 1 : Hi you hungry? Here's some food.

Dude 2: Nah I am happy starving.

Dude 1: ok.....

Message 8 of 9 (392 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1672 posts

Apr 17, 2014

I'm so lame and don't have twitter account yet, but it seems like he would be the best place/person to suggest it to since he's so active and helpful to the community....or so it seems.

I haven't been on the forum in a LONG time, but with my new Vita I had to see if any movement has taken place on this topic.  That purchase has certainly refreshed my frustrations with the lack of content sorting on the download list.

Thanks for checking out my post!

Message 9 of 9 (378 Views)
0 Likes