Oct 31 2012
By: evotech First Son 2 posts

Playstation store pricing is off the chains

4 replies 107 views Edited Oct 31, 2012

The way you price new games in it is horrific.

As a Norwegian citizen, we get shafted when it comes to currency rates all the time, but playstation store is the clear winner when it comes to attempting to maxximize the most.

100 Dollars for AC3... i mean, i can't justify that at all.

Please do something about this.

Message 1 of 5 (107 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28985 posts

Re: Playstation store pricing is off the chains

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2012

evotech wrote:

As a Norwegian citizen, we get shafted when it comes to currency rates all the time, but playstation store is the clear winner when it comes to attempting to maxximize the most.

First off, I'd like to say welcome to the Playstation Community. This is predominately the US forum. We love having visitors, but you might want to address your comments to the EU forum. Secondly, there's not much really anyone here can do about it. For the best prices, you're better off going with a disc copy, that way you can comparison shop. 

Message 2 of 5 (105 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40067 posts

Nov 1, 2012

evotech wrote:

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

I concur with the Cap't above, these are the USA Forums & as such it is US gaming/PlayStation that is discussed, your comments would be better served on the EU Forums, however bear in mind that Sony neither reads nor responds to comments or questions posted on these or any other Forum, they are solely for PlayStation users to discuss gaming & PS3 etc & help each other out.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 5 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Nov 1, 2012

At least you have access to a lot more games than the poor souls in Australia..... they have to wait MONTHS for a new release to come out where its been out everywhere else in the world, and even then the games are well over $100..... 
Australia also, I believe,  has the highest number of banned games..... 

Most of all of that is attributed to the way their government works and they actually have some sort of "Gaming" division that actually reviews games and makes a decision whether or not to approve the game for sale in the country/continent.

Just to put that in perspective.....

Heck in the US we're already close to seeing $100 games+

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 5 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11743 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Is $100 the normal rate for video games in your country? If not, one thing to keep in mind about Assassin's Creed III (at least in the North American store) is that multiple versions of the game were published digitally including bundle versions (which are higher priced compared to the standard game).

For comparison shopping, do you have different options to buy the game aside from the PlayStation Store? Digital prices are often more than you might find at retailers, so digging around for the right price hopefully will make for an attractive alternative.

Message 5 of 5 (68 Views)
0 Likes