Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 10 2012
By: Johnboycoolmoose Splicer 65 posts
Accepted Solution

Playstation provide affordable Hi-speed internet service

15 replies 267 views Edited Dec 10, 2012

Playstation is going to offer so much more than nintendo and the xbox, however they need to provide an affordable internet service with the hi-speeds required. I mean sony has google and with them siding playstation, they can do it completely affordable.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (267 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28655 posts

Re: Playstation provide affordable Hi-speed internet service

Dec 10, 2012

Johnboycoolmoose wrote:

Playstation is going to offer so much more than nintendo and the xbox, however they need to provide an affordable internet service with the hi-speeds required. I mean sony has google and with them siding playstation, they can do it completely affordable.

I really do not see nor do I particularly want Sony getting into the ISP market, they have other, better things to spend their money on & there are already a lot of choices out there for the consumer.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 10, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

Johnboycoolmoose wrote:

I really do not see nor do I particularly want Sony getting into the ISP market, they have other, better things to spend their money on & there are already a lot of choices out there for the consumer.

*cough* Like improve the network that has10's of millions of people using it at all times so we have faster downloads and a better online gaming experience?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Dec 12, 2012

I said affordable Internet at those speeds, I know there is plenty out there, that is not the point! Not everybody can afford the internet.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Dec 12, 2012

I said affordable Internet at those speeds, I know there is plenty out there, that is not the point! Not everybody can afford the internet!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (228 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28655 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Johnboycoolmoose wrote:

I said affordable Internet at those speeds, I know there is plenty out there, that is not the point! Not everybody can afford the internet!

Then if they want to game online don't buy a PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (220 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1262 posts

Dec 12, 2012

you actually think sony would charge less then comcast or at&t or LOLRoadrunner if they came out with their own ISP?They've got enough crap to deal with then try to do something like that.

What is this..... i dont' even...........

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (218 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Johnboycoolmoose wrote:

You should check with your local ISPs. In my area they offer HSI specials for new customers ranging from $15-$20 a month. Also ISPs are supposed to offer programs for low income families, but I think it is for allowing children of these families to access the internet for schoolwork.

I don't know what you consider to be affordable, but I think 50 to 70 cents a day, the rates these new customer rates ISPs offer, I think is more than affordable.

I don't know what you mean by Google siding with PlayStation. There has certainly been some cooperation with Google, integrating Google search in the PS3's XMB and using their technology in the Life with PlayStation app, other than that I haven't seen any real cooperation between these two companies...

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (207 Views)
Wastelander
766 posts

Dec 12, 2012

ps3 already offer more than nintendo. xbox on the other well ehhh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trophy huting currently

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Dec 13, 2012
finally somebody that didn't say something stupid, also the speeds I was talking about normally don't come with the cheapest package. Yes there is real cheap internet deals, however at those speeds would make the graphics of the Ps4 into crap. Since the Ps4 is all about the internet speeds, however if they use the SSD hard drive like they are talking about, that might be all they would need even on a slow connection since SSD promises to have faster data.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (166 Views)
0 Likes