Jan 06 2013
By: ShawnWeaver First Son 7 posts

Playstation Vita bundle idea

6 replies 137 views Edited Jan 6, 2013
If by some chance Sony could convince square enix to do a remake of the beloved Final Fantasy 7 and make it exclusive to the vita, I'm sure the Vita sales would increase tremedously. They could perhaps bundle Final Fantasy 7 with a digital version of Crisis core, a Vita, and an 8gb memory card. Keep the price around $250 for the bundle.
Message 1 of 7 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Playstation Vita bundle idea

Jan 6, 2013
that would be nice, but SE is reluctant to do a remake of FF7 for quite some time, stating they won't do one until they make a FF game that sells even better than FF7. I think a better goal is to have them make that HD version for FFX, that they already announced...
Message 2 of 7 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Its definetly more likely, but the Vita needs exclusives. FFX I believe is suppose to be released for ps3 and ps vita. I'm a huge fan of the cross buy cross play thing they have going but its not really much of an incentive to get new people to buy vitas in my opinion. If all the same games come out on both Ps3 and Vita, why wouldn't you just buy a Ps3? And on a side note.....Whatever happened to Bioshock Vita?
Message 3 of 7 (122 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 6, 2013
I don't think we will see too many 3rd party retail titles be part of the cross-buy program, so far it has only been Sony's games that have been part of the program.

Bioshock Vita has not been started yet. The developer said last year that they weren't going to work on it until Bioshock Infinite was complete. Recently it was reported that it might be further delayed because a deal hasn't been agreed with by Sony. Because of all of this (if it happens), we won't see Bioshock Vita until 2014 at the earliest, more likely 2015 given how much crafting needed for an Irrational game...
Message 4 of 7 (113 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

Jan 6, 2013

ShawnWeaver wrote:
Its definetly more likely, but the Vita needs exclusives. FFX I believe is suppose to be released for ps3 and ps vita. I'm a huge fan of the cross buy cross play thing they have going but its not really much of an incentive to get new people to buy vitas in my opinion. If all the same games come out on both Ps3 and Vita, why wouldn't you just buy a Ps3? And on a side note.....Whatever happened to Bioshock Vita?

Well you could argue both ways.

Why buy a PS3, if the same game is coming to Vita, only that its portable?

And an FFVII remake is unlikely to happen. Not only because of what Dolphin said, but just think about it for a second:

EVERY Main FF game since FFX (the first FF game with realistic, to-scale in-game graphics, not just cutscenes) has been completely linear in style. No World Map/Overworld. No flyable airships. 

Just IMAGINE trying to make an Overworld, without making it look ridiculously weird. It was fine back then, when graphics weren't perfect, and therefore having the player character being as large as a full city wouldn't be an issue as they roamed the world map. But because developers have been trying to make games much more realistic and "to scale", such a concept would be impossible.

Not to mention you'd have to do full voice acting all over again. And in case you didn't know, Cloud's personality in FFVII is a lot different  than in Advent Children and such (he's a lot more sarcastic), so it would be quite odd to hear.

Gameplay would be MUCH slower as well (in FFVII, you could run around quite quickly in zones, since everything was relatively small. If all of that were scaled to size, then it would move much slower, like in Crisis Core)

And to top it all off, Square Enix would never make it a Vita exclusive. It would HAVE to be on PS3. They wouldn't put all this effort into a glorious remake, and then only put it on the smallest userbase that Sony has.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 7 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 7, 2013

it's not like FF has a HUGE following anymore. Hell I can't even get into it, turn by turn gameplay is a thing of the past now. So they might sell some units but not enough to make a dent. 

Message 6 of 7 (84 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jan 7, 2013

TYruler50 wrote:

it's not like FF has a HUGE following anymore. Hell I can't even get into it, turn by turn gameplay is a thing of the past now. So they might sell some units but not enough to make a dent. 

Well, it can work, but you need to keep it fresh (take notes, Pokemon) and do it well (talking to you, FF13) , I mean, I can't get into Final Fantasy nowadays either. Final Fantasy XIII just beats you over the head with how linear it is. Story can only carry a game so far, and when the best strategy to win fights is just keep selecting "auto attack," there's something seriously wrong with your game.

Message 7 of 7 (82 Views)
0 Likes