Feb 21 2013
By: HungerForceCS First Son 3 posts

Playstation VITA HELP.

6 replies 57 views Edited Feb 21, 2013

After watching the news about playstation 4 i'm interested in buying a vita. The idea of playing a game on my playstation and being able to pick up a handheld device and continue playing sounds awesome. The thing is i'm clueless on these things. Are they worth the money right now even without PS4 out yet. Are they apps? And what i'm really curious about is there any games out now for PS3 that i'm able to play on PS3 and just pick up a vita and pick right off where I was? Someone explain this to me please? Like do I have to buy the game for Vita and PS3? Just fill me in on this Vita thing please  : P

Message 1 of 7 (57 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9023 posts

Re: Playstation VITA HELP.

Feb 21, 2013

There are a few games that support cloud save (the ability to pick up a game on one device where you left off on the other).  Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time being the most recent (which if you buy the PS3 version - either digitally or on disc, you get the Vita digital version for free).

If you purchase a Vita now, I would get the Playstation Plus IGC bundle.  It starts you off with a pretty diverse collection of games and a year subscription to PS+.  Unfortunately, if you do, you'll want to buy at least the 16GB (preferably the 32GB) card to go with it.  You can usually find memory cards cheaper by shopping around online (Newegg has/had the 32GB card for $80 as of a couple days ago).

Message 2 of 7 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Thanks you for the info i've also seen loads of games while on my PS3 that say for VITA. Does this mean it's as simple as downloading it and plugging a Vita in and getting that game on Vita?

Message 3 of 7 (45 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9023 posts

Feb 21, 2013

HungerForceCS wrote:

Thanks you for the info i've also seen loads of games while on my PS3 that say for VITA. Does this mean it's as simple as downloading it and plugging a Vita in and getting that game on Vita?

You can do that.  The Vita also has it's own PS Store, so you can actually buy content directly on the Vita and download it that way.

Message 4 of 7 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
539 posts

Feb 21, 2013

whats wrong

"No Aim Assist."
Message 5 of 7 (38 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 21, 2013
@rottenfruityum did you bother to read the other posts, or are you just stupid?
My PSN
Message 6 of 7 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Feb 21, 2013
I'd wait if I were u. A version with a better screen and hd,I port is coming.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 7 (33 Views)
0 Likes