Highlighted
Nov 03 2011
By: Wakefulness I Only Post Everything 1306 posts

Playstation Suite GDC online 2011 (full) conference:

8 replies 318 views Edited Nov 3, 2011

The following is taken from SCE's GDC 2011 Online conference specifically for the Playstation Suite (aka PS Suite, aka PSS, etc).

Thanks to Okpaproduction's video posting of the video footage! Unfortunately, the full conference was not posted on the YT users account. Thankfully, there is a full link below.

http://events.digitallyspeaking.com/gdc/online11/player.html?xmlURL=xml/201110202_1318362244736NUDW....

Enjoy!

Message 1 of 9 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: Playstation Suite GDC online 2011 (full) conference:

Nov 3, 2011

I hope this will help with some of the confusion of playstation suite.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 2 of 9 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 4, 2011

I hope so too, because there was a lot of hacking in the psp. when there is enough hacking that dev's do not want to support it. it shows that there is alot of psp's that are hacked. also another point is that there is also the option of paying money for a ps vita development kit. if you want to just develop just for ps vita.

the video i did watch about this they did not give as much detail in the info. sure a lot of it was said ,but some of it was not that clear.

I also hope that the Playstation Suite gets a  lot of support and it becomes successful.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 3 of 9 (318 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Nov 4, 2011

Incagneto wrote:

I hope so too, because there was a lot of hacking in the psp. when there is enough hacking that dev's do not want to support it. it shows that there is alot of psp's that are hacked. also another point is that there is also the option of paying money for a ps vita development kit. if you want to just develop just for ps vita.

the video i did watch about this they did not give as much detail in the info. sure a lot of it was said ,but some of it was not that clear.

I also hope that the Playstation Suite gets a  lot of support and it becomes successful.

What part of the conference left you wanting more answers? The only key questions left unanswered about PSS was the release date of the public beta and perhaps pricing models. Even than, the developers hinted at a public beta release date around the PS Vita US launch date (February) and the pricing models are actually going to be up to the content creator, so apps could be free-to-play, microtransaction based, etc.

Sony owns Playstation, Sony Ericcson, VAIO, etc. so they have a lot of devices to be host Playstation Suite software. Aside from internal manufactured devices, Sony are also working with third party manufacturers to add Playstation Suite to so (conceivably), any company outside of Sony that has interest in PSS could simply sign a simple contract and Sony will gladly expand the platform to more device. The more devices and more people come into contact with the PSS, the more developers will be compelled to using the consistent environment.

Message 4 of 9 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 4, 2011

@wakefulness I meant that this video you posted answered alot. see the thing is I seen a video that had info just not as much detailed as you're video is.

I think it was during gamescom , because during the between parts it had the  EU representative talking and doing intros, at least I think it was. that one did not have as detailed info as the one you posted. sorry for the confusion.

I cant find the video.

Message 5 of 9 (318 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Nov 4, 2011

This one?

http://events.digitallyspeaking.com/gdc/sf11/player.html?xmlURL=xml/12598_1299187296134UTUL.xml&toke...

That was a video from GDC San Fransisco and it took place around March (not sure, atm).

Message 6 of 9 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 4, 2011

@Wakefulness found the guys name who i called the EU guy. Scott Rohde introduced the hole conference. also Producer Pete Smith was there. he got introduced by Scott Rohde then Pete Smith came on talked about what ps vita can do using his game in reference. before that Pete Smith introduced other guys and they talked about other things the ps vita could do.

near the end Scott Rohde introduced some guy and he talked about playstation suite sdk. find that video lol. they also showed trailers in the start of the show. they talked about ps vita threw the hole thing on what it could do.  that is a idea of how the hole conference i'm talking about was like.

also it was room like the the first video you showed but looked like some random person took a video with there cam. one of the copys was of one using there phone cam. everything was reverse though compared to the video you showed. when I say revierse I mean the stand where the guy talks in you're video it was on the other side. so instead of the screen the guy pointed too it being on his left when Scott Rohde talked it was on his right.

(how am I suppose to remeber all these people names lol. I'm bad with names I just remeber what I see heh.) In the end I was trying to learn about the ps vita not who was talking lol.

Message 7 of 9 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Nov 10, 2011

I wish I could develop apps. I only have a very very very basic knowledge of C and C#, I don't even know the difference. It's something I want to learn but time is an issue, so unfortunately I'll have to wait a few years before I start getting into this stuff. I also want to see what people could come up with for the psvita, really looking forward to this.

Message 8 of 9 (318 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Nov 10, 2011

D-Roy12 wrote:

I wish I could develop apps. I only have a very very very basic knowledge of C and C#, I don't even know the difference. It's something I want to learn but time is an issue, so unfortunately I'll have to wait a few years before I start getting into this stuff. I also want to see what people could come up with for the psvita, really looking forward to this.

Looking up youtube videos and going off other peoples source code will be my start point. The conference stated there will be some official PSS forum but, I have no idea whether that will really help (i.e. not everyone in these forums has a correct answer to specific PS Vita related questions. Myself included.).

I want to see a cool group of PSS coders pop-up; much like how Newgrounds arose as this strange group of game and app makers which used flash as their medium. Salad Fingers is one of the more notable flash apps/films to come from the Newgrounds site,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salad_Fingers

It was simply drawn, there where probably better animators and artists in Newgrounds but, that group really built the simple anecdotal episodes to be something larger than life. That group launched Salad Fingers to "internet sucess" which means that the videos uploaded on YT get millions of hits.

Message 9 of 9 (318 Views)
0 Likes