Sackboy
446 posts

Re: Playstation Store won't load

Oct 23, 2011

SonicGamer12 wrote:

I gotta WBR 1310 dlink router as well. I have no idea how to update the router though. So let me get this straight, there's only 2 ways (As of now) to get access to the store:

1. Connect your PS3 to your modem

2. Upgrade to Rogers Extreme Plus (Or switch to bell).

This is really stupid, I guess I'm going to be shopping for an extension cord...

or it could be the router just suddenly decided to hit the bin, its weird how we all have the wbr1310, i already have the latest firmware on it and it still doesn't work

Message 71 of 92 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 23, 2011

I gotta say though: weirdly enough, only the PS Store is fixed. The "What's New" content is still not working.

Message 72 of 92 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 23, 2011

Same problems here, rogers account, dlink router and no access to the playstation store.

Message 73 of 92 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 23, 2011

Weird.  Ya I may just go try a new router, see if that fixes it.  In the process of moving so it will have to wait a week.  Hopefully Sony does something by then.

Message 74 of 92 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 24, 2011

I went and got a new router and set it and and everything is back up and running like nothing happened

Message 75 of 92 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 24, 2011

Interesting. So it really is the router's fault. I just don't get how it would stop working for everyone at the same time, especially that a router isn't connected to its' manufacturer for firmware updates or anything.

Message 76 of 92 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 24, 2011

I have solved the issue through some troubleshooting. basically set your connection settings on the ps3 to automatic next go to connection status and you will notice since firmware 3.73 it will no longer accept the dns server provided by your isp and use your routers ip address as a dns server instead. To get the store to load set everything back to manual and just change the dns server to your routers ip address. this will fix everything at least it did for me anyway.

Message 77 of 92 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 24, 2011

Wow! It actually fixed my What's New issue! I suggest everyone tries his method, I think it will fix it for you guys. If you don't know what is your DNS server, go on your router's homepage (generally 192.168.0.1) and check where it lists all the info provided by your ISP. Enter 192.168.0.1 for both IP address and default router and it work. Keep 255.255.255.0 for subnet mask as usual.

Message 78 of 92 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 24, 2011

Ok the fix is actually more complicated than I thought. Here's what I did and tell me if it worked for you guys:

1. Go to Internet Connection Settings and choose "Custom" for the setting method and choose Wired Connection (duh).

2. Now for the operation mode, choose Manual Settings and select "100BASE-TX Half-Duplex". The name might change depending on your router, I don't know. Anything that looks like 100 Mbps with Half-Duplex is the one to choose. But again, all depends of your router and which type of operation modes it supports, so I guess it's trial and error here. Mine can't go over that one.

3. Choose Manual for IP Address Setting.

4. Ok here's the tricky part: you need to plug a laptop/computer to the port of the router you are going to use for your PS3. This part is really important to help determine what's the IP address your PS3 is going to use on your router. After doing so, open up a Command Prompt (Start -> Type "cmd" in Search), and type "ipconfig" (without the quotes). Now note where it says "IPv4 Address". Normally, it should look something like "192.168.0.1x", x being the 1 or 2 random digits that come after. You can also note where it says "Default Gateway", but it should be 192.168.0.1 as usual, unless you changed your router's IP in the past.

5. Unplug your laptop/PC from that specific port on your router and plug back your PS3 on that same port.

6. Enter for "IP Address" the exact same thing as you read in "IPv4 Address" in the Command Prompt. Leave it 255.255.255.0 for subnet mask and enter your router's IP (also known as Default Gateway/Router). Should be 192.168.0.1 but if it's different in the command prompt, enter that one.

7. Now for Primary DNS, you need to plug your computer on the router (whatever port but not the same one as your PS3's) and go on the router's homepage (again, should be 192.168.0.1 but might change from one to another). Now I don't know every router on this planet, so you have to improvise here: you need to find somewhere where it tells you your Primary DNS. That address is really important because it has to be the right one in order for your PS3 to connect to Rogers' service line. On my new router, it was directly shown on the homepage, under "Internet" category and described as "Primary DNS". Again, I can't help you for this one, you have to improvise.

8. Enter what you found for Primary DNS in your PS3's settings and leave 0.0.0.0 for Seconday DNS.

9. Leave MTU on Automatic, Proxy Server on Do Not Use, and UPnP on Enable. Now save your settings and test your connection.

Tell me if it worked for you guys. I know it's really complicated, but for me, this fixed everything (including What's New). Restart your PS3 if it doesn't work quite well the first 2 or 3 connections. If it doesn't work, either my step-by-step is wrong or you did something wrong.

Message 79 of 92 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
446 posts

Oct 24, 2011

i used this method as well, and it works now.

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-ps3-playstation-3.htm

I used the guide from the link above, which gives picture of each step of what you need to do.
As for DNS, i'm using Google's Public DNS links for primary and secondary DNS.

Message 80 of 92 (342 Views)
0 Likes