First Son
14 posts

Re: Playstation Store won't load

Oct 22, 2011

I called Rogers, they have no answers.  I called D-Link as well and went through every possible options regarding port forwarding and firewall removal and no change.  Only way you can fix it, is connecting to your modem directly.

Message 51 of 92 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 22, 2011

Thanks for calling them The Heavenly...

I guess there's really nothing we can do. Buy a modem+router from Rogers? I don't know...

Message 52 of 92 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 22, 2011

Yup, exactly the same router here with Rogers in Ontario.  I even tried putting my ps3's IP in the dmz but still didn't work.

Message 53 of 92 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 22, 2011

I emailed PlayStation Support yestreday regarding our issue.  The response was similar to ebbderelict and here is the complete text of there response:

--------------------------------

Hello beNNyCo,

I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced trying to access the PlayStation®Store.  I realize this is frustrating and I sympathize. Please access safe mode and restore your file system.  This troubleshooting will remove any damaged files from your hard disc drive (HDD) which may be causing the problem and will not erase any games or other information stored on your HDD. Corrupted data may be erased if it cannot be recovered. 

To activate Safe Mode please follow the steps outlined below.

Step 1:  Turn off PS3™ system by holding Power button till Power light is red.

Step 2:  Touch and hold the Power button, you will then hear the 1st beep indicating that the PS3™   system is powering on.  Continue to hold and after approximately 5 seconds you will hear a 2nd beep,   indicating video reset.  Continue to hold and after about 5 more seconds you will hear 3rd beep, and system will power off (Power light goes red).  Release power button.

Step 3:  Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the 1st beep, again for PS3™ system power on.

Continue to hold and after approximately 5 seconds you will hear the 2nd beep for video reset.

Continue to hold and after 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep.  At that point release power button. 

If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see the message on screen saying, “Connect the controller using a USB cable  and then press the PS button”.  When you see this message, connect a USB cable to the controller and the PS3™ and press the PS button to display the safe mode menu.

After a few seconds, you will see the Safe Mode screen with the 6 options.

Then choose Option 3 (Restore File  System) and follow the prompts.    Once you are done, you will be   automatically returned to the XrossMediaBar™ home menu. 

If this step does not resolve the problem, you may wish to access Safe Mode again and select Option 5 (Restore PS3 System).  WARNING:  Before you choose Option 5 you should backup the data on your   hard disc drive (HDD).  Option 5 erases all information from the HDD.

If the steps above do not resolve the issue you may want to set up  service.  I am including information below to assist you.    If your PlayStation 3 was purchased within the last 12 months and you are able to provide a copy of your store receipt, there will be not charge for either service or shipping.

https://service1.us.playstation.com

I am confident that the troubleshooting provided above will help you access the PlayStation Store.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you for giving me the  opportunity to assist you.

Regards,

Nancy B.

-------------------------

Don't know if I want to risk this solution.  I guess I have a while to consider it though, I'm b-spec'ing a 9-hour on GT5. If anyone else tries this let us know how it works.

Message 54 of 92 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 22, 2011

I'm not going to be the first to attempt this, but I don't see how it is a damaged file that would be causing this anyway.  If someone attempts it, let us know.  I'm curious.

Message 55 of 92 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Oct 22, 2011

TheHeavenly wrote:

I'm not going to be the first to attempt this, but I don't see how it is a damaged file that would be causing this anyway.  If someone attempts it, let us know.  I'm curious.

heavenly while i am not haveing this issue- i have used the safe mode before- and it works fine

Message 56 of 92 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 22, 2011

Best part is... If its a damaged file it was damaged by the update lol...

Message 57 of 92 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 22, 2011

I have to say I was having all the same issues everyone else was having, and I was beginning to get really frustrated as no answers seemed to be coming from Sony as to how to resolve this.  Now for the record I live in Ontario and my ISP is Rogers as well, and to note I also have a Dlink router(DIR-655).  About a half hour ago I finally got mine to work again by upgrading the firmware on my router.

So if anyone else also has a dlink, then I would suggest trying to upgrade the firmware and see if this fixes the problem for you also.

Message 58 of 92 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 22, 2011

That may be a good thing to try... i have the d-link DIR-825... just have to try and figure out how to access it... its been so long since i've had to log into it...

Message 59 of 92 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 23, 2011

But even so, why does the store still work on the psp? I can't get it to work on my ps3 using the d-link wbr-1310 router, but my psp can access the store fine using a d link router without updating any firmware. I'm think its time to switch over to a linksys router. Clearly every d link router made is having problems with the ps3.It don't matter what model or year the router was made.

Message 60 of 92 (209 Views)
0 Likes