First Son
4 posts

Re: Playstation Store won't load

Oct 22, 2011

Ontario here, Rogers as well.  PS store not working.

One PS3 is wireless, one PS3 is wired into my router, neither can access the PS Store.

Lame.

Message 41 of 92 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 22, 2011

I have the exact same router and I've opened all required ports and it still doesn't work.  We're SOL ATM.

Message 42 of 92 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 22, 2011

I literally tried every option that exists. None of them work. I guess I'll just plug in my PS3 when GT5 DLC comes out, that's all I need anyway. It'd be kinda cool if it gets fixed though... But we're indeed SOL. Not enough people having this problem for it to get fixed lmao...

Message 43 of 92 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 22, 2011

The 18th is was down for me it came back up later that night arond 1200am est time I got my downloads for Batman. Now I tried yestereday and I get the same thing you are getting and its now past midnight on the 22nd. I talked to a rep on the 18th and said it might be my PS3 but if other people are having the same problem I feel its on Sony's side. Its really getting on my nerves.

Message 44 of 92 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 22, 2011

Just tried entering the store right now and no luck. As with everyone else here, I too am also with Rogers. To be honest I only wanted 1 thing as well lol I needed the store to download the Sonic Generations demo with my EU account. Looks like it's going to be a long road...

Message 45 of 92 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 22, 2011

It's good to see someone was successful by bypassing the router. Sadly, I can't really do that.

Here's what Sony Support actually suggested I do, as they refuse to admit it's something that they can resolve:

"...As the issue is persisting, the problem may lie in corrupted data. Please follow the steps below to access Safe Mode on your PlayStation®3 system.

After you have run Option 3, please access Safe Mode once again and choose option 4 (Rebuild Database). Please note this will information on the PS3™, such as messages, playlists, browser settings, trimming information for pictures in , video thumbnails, video playback history and video resume information.

After these steps have been completed, please try to access PlayStation®Store. If this doesn't resolve the issue, we will need to create a new user on your PS3™ system, delete your current user and then sign in with your account. This will eliminate any corruption on the user you currently have.

Keep in mind, this will remove:

- Saved data for PlayStation®3 format software.

- Messages sent and received under (Friends)

- Bookmarks under (Internet Browser).

- Data such as game items purchased at PlayStation®Store.

- Words from the predictive text dictionary, text entered via the keyboard and other content saved under Settings > System Settings> Add / Edit Term. "

Message 46 of 92 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 22, 2011

I don't really think it has anything to do with the PS3 itself, but rather ports that are wrongfully forwarded from Rogers' modem to the router and are detected as router attacks, therefore blocked (I read that in the router's log). There's really nothing we can do. Even if you remove every firewall and WAN ping check and create a DMZ for the PS3, it still doesn't work. The problem has to do with Rogers that blocked certain ports or something lately.

Message 47 of 92 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 22, 2011

Keep in mind, this will remove:

- Saved data for PlayStation®3 format software.

- Messages sent and received under (Friends)

- Bookmarks under (Internet Browser).

- Data such as game items purchased at PlayStation®Store.

- Words from the predictive text dictionary, text entered via the keyboard and other content saved under Settings > System Settings> Add / Edit Term. "

Wow.  Save data and purchases gone...

Sony is having customers blocked from being able to buy their product, you'd think they'd work on fixing this.

For those that haven't, make them aware by emailing them the details:

http://us.playstation.com/support/ask/

Maybe also reference this discussion topic as well.  More voices they hear, maybe the more important it will be to resolve.

Message 48 of 92 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
446 posts

Oct 22, 2011

has anyone tried calling Rogers about this instead?

Message 49 of 92 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 22, 2011

What I can sumise is that the firmware effected something to do with our ISP's which in turn effected certain port forwarding.  We can still play online games, talk to friends, upload trophies etc.  But anything to do with accessing Sony's personal network through the router as in, the store, download list, what's new and a few other things is not accessible and nothing we do router wise will fix this.

The only option right now is to bypass your router on Tuesday's and access your modem directly to DL things, then go back.  It is a pain to do, but I suggest you all write to Sony like GT_Buck said and make them aware of this problem.

Message 50 of 92 (357 Views)
0 Likes