First Son
3 posts

Re: Playstation Store won't load

Oct 20, 2011

Exactly the same issue here, also in Canada. On a wired connection and PS3 can access the internet without any problems.

What's new section also doesn't display anything.

Have just updated to 3.73 firmware but this didn't change anything.

Message 21 of 92 (1,528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 20, 2011

I'm also updated to Firmware 3.73.

I'm in Ontario.

Neither wired nor wireless connections have made a difference. 

I've disabled the media servers option just incase there was some kind of issue.

I had the store load briefly two nights ago but it hasn't reappeared. I have no idea what else to try, my PSN account is fine and I can log into PSN no problem.

Message 22 of 92 (1,528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 20, 2011

Odd I am having the same problem and from what it seems, this problem is occuring in Canada. I've read quite a few people state that they are from Ontario and having a problem. I am also from Ontario. I hope PSN will inform us of what is taking place. Also I am a new subscriber of the psn+, so I hope that if this problem continues they reimburse us for the lossed days.

Message 23 of 92 (1,528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 20, 2011

I am also having the same issue.

From Ontario, Canada and ever since i updated to firmware 3.73 I cannot access the playstation store or my download list (history) from my past playstation store purchases. I can get it working on a wired connection but no go on the wireless. I can play online, update trophies, talk to people on my friends list just fine but for some reason I just cant access anything playstation store related.

Don't bother calling support like i did either. They won't help you. They will give you bottled answers like "we wouldnt release an update that would prevent you from using our services." I find it hard to believe that they can't accept that one of their updated could be flawed. They will just pass the buck to your ISP or router, even if no changes were made to any of their services, software or hardware. I was told its my router, which i have been using for years now, and its all a coincidence that it occurred exactly after I downloaded a non-manditory firmware update.

I sure hope sony finds a fix for all the ontario users have my router seems to have effected. To all my fellow Canadians I am so sorry that i broke all of your playstations. Didn't mean to negate the new firmware which ironically had the description of increased stability.

Message 24 of 92 (1,528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 20, 2011

Doesn't work for me either. Please fix it, Sony!

Message 25 of 92 (1,528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 21, 2011

Here's the answer I got. I tried their trick, but it didn't work for me. I'll be writing them back to let them know. Maybe if I jump through enough hoops they'll look in at things on their own end. Let me know if it works for anyone else; maybe I did something wrong.

"In particular, the newest firmware update would not disable your connection to the PSN Store.  However, due to increasing stability a setting within your network that was marginally compatible with the PSN, may now conflict with it. Specifically, a port issue, or a NAT type could be preventing you from establishing your connection.  The link below will show you what ports need to be opened on your router to allow the connection.

http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241

Now, for the NAT type, this is also a Router setting, any NAT type other than type 2, may pose connection issues."

Message 26 of 92 (1,528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 21, 2011

Nah, doesn't work for me either.

Message 27 of 92 (1,528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 21, 2011

Not working for me either.  I was able to finally access the PS Store briefly on Tuesday, but haven't been able to access either the store OR my download history.  I only found this out due to downloading the new Deux Ex DLC and it not finishing, now I can't restart the DL.

I am in Ontario Canada as well if that helps and I have updated the firmware. 

Message 28 of 92 (1,528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 21, 2011

It seems like most of the people who have posted here are from Ontario.  Any chance we are all using Rogers as our ISP?  Anyway possible this an ISP issue? Rogers misidentifying traffic as P2P usage? We already know they like screwing with P2P users or perceived P2P users.

Message 29 of 92 (1,528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 21, 2011

I am a Rogers subscriber yes.  I've never had a problem like this though.  What could you possibly do to rectify this.  And it just started happening.  I noticed in on Tuesday like I said, but it wasn't letting me through and since then, I haven't been able to access it at all.

Message 30 of 92 (1,528 Views)
0 Likes