First Son
4 posts

Re: Playstation Store won't load

Oct 24, 2011

Thanks guys! It works now! Also, thanks for the pic walkthrough it really helped! Now to help my other buds lol

Message 81 of 92 (1,333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 24, 2011

I thought about setting up a static IP and see what would be the result but you beat me to it. Good job on finding a detailed walkthrough!

Message 82 of 92 (1,333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 25, 2011

Tried this, no luck..

EDKEdwin wrote:

i used this method as well, and it works now.

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-ps3-playstation-3.htm

I used the guide from the link above, which gives picture of each step of what you need to do.
As for DNS, i'm using Google's Public DNS links for primary and secondary DNS.

Message 83 of 92 (1,333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 25, 2011

no luck here with the methods mentioned above either.

I decided to just leave the PS3 at the blank screen (the one it goes to while trying to connect to the store) after about 15 - 20min the store connected and opened? not sure why or how but I'm gonna go get caught up on my shopping for now. I'll try to log into it again tonight and let you know if it works right away or if I have to let it sit again. this is so very odd

Message 84 of 92 (1,333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 25, 2011

Tried this and it worked on both wired & wireless.

I think I had the wrong Primary DNS entered initially.

Nice... store is working now.  So, what's the end conclusion, Roger or Sony?  Who gave us this damn headache??!!

Ereinset wrote:

Ok the fix is actually more complicated than I thought. Here's what I did and tell me if it worked for you guys:

1. Go to Internet Connection Settings and choose "Custom" for the setting method and choose Wired Connection (duh).

2. Now for the operation mode, choose Manual Settings and select "100BASE-TX Half-Duplex". The name might change depending on your router, I don't know. Anything that looks like 100 Mbps with Half-Duplex is the one to choose. But again, all depends of your router and which type of operation modes it supports, so I guess it's trial and error here. Mine can't go over that one.

3. Choose Manual for IP Address Setting.

4. Ok here's the tricky part: you need to plug a laptop/computer to the port of the router you are going to use for your PS3. This part is really important to help determine what's the IP address your PS3 is going to use on your router. After doing so, open up a Command Prompt (Start -> Type "cmd" in Search), and type "ipconfig" (without the quotes). Now note where it says "IPv4 Address". Normally, it should look something like "192.168.0.1x", x being the 1 or 2 random digits that come after. You can also note where it says "Default Gateway", but it should be 192.168.0.1 as usual, unless you changed your router's IP in the past.

5. Unplug your laptop/PC from that specific port on your router and plug back your PS3 on that same port.

6. Enter for "IP Address" the exact same thing as you read in "IPv4 Address" in the Command Prompt. Leave it 255.255.255.0 for subnet mask and enter your router's IP (also known as Default Gateway/Router). Should be 192.168.0.1 but if it's different in the command prompt, enter that one.

7. Now for Primary DNS, you need to plug your computer on the router (whatever port but not the same one as your PS3's) and go on the router's homepage (again, should be 192.168.0.1 but might change from one to another). Now I don't know every router on this planet, so you have to improvise here: you need to find somewhere where it tells you your Primary DNS. That address is really important because it has to be the right one in order for your PS3 to connect to Rogers' service line. On my new router, it was directly shown on the homepage, under "Internet" category and described as "Primary DNS". Again, I can't help you for this one, you have to improvise.

8. Enter what you found for Primary DNS in your PS3's settings and leave 0.0.0.0 for Seconday DNS.

9. Leave MTU on Automatic, Proxy Server on Do Not Use, and UPnP on Enable. Now save your settings and test your connection.

Tell me if it worked for you guys. I know it's really complicated, but for me, this fixed everything (including What's New). Restart your PS3 if it doesn't work quite well the first 2 or 3 connections. If it doesn't work, either my step-by-step is wrong or you did something wrong.

Message 85 of 92 (1,333 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Oct 26, 2011

Thanks it worked! Changing the Primary DNS from 192.168.0.1 to whatever it is in the router worked for me.  For whatever reason using the routers ip doesn't relay the DNS like it used to.  And it seems that it only affects Rogers users.  Also some of you have the same router as I do, D-Link WBR 1310.  So I wonder if it is a rogers issue or a sony issue. 

Message 86 of 92 (1,333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 30, 2011

Can you explain what you did? I have the same router as you.

Message 87 of 92 (1,333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 31, 2011

thanks dude, that link was helpfull

Message 88 of 92 (1,333 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
10 posts

Nov 4, 2011

Stared having the same problem on me 1310 router. This worked for me.

http://www.ps3errorcodesfix.com/ps3-error-80710102

Message 89 of 92 (1,333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 5, 2011

I've been off the store for a while and had no luck with support.  Found this thread when searching after I noticed my problems only occured with my router in the loop.  Also with Rogers and setting that DNS address did the trick.  Thanks!

Message 90 of 92 (1,333 Views)
0 Likes