Jul 05 2012
By: billym67 First Son 5 posts

Playstation Slim (120 GB) Video Issue

4 replies 47 views Edited Jul 5, 2012

I hope someone can help, because tech support has no idea. I have had no issues with this console until I donwloaded the Uncharted Double Pack. After I installed it, it is now causing all of me video games to play at a screeen size smaller than my actually LCD screen size (meaning there is a black boarder about 4/5 inches thick around the image). The home screeen is fine, blu rays play fine, it only seems to affect games. Sony tech support had me do the power button thing and unplug the console and tv, but nothing has worked. Any ideas what to do?

Thanks-

Message 1 of 5 (47 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9182 posts

Re: Playstation Slim (120 GB) Video Issue

Jul 5, 2012
Have you tried changing the image settings from your tv? Maybe set it to stretch so you won't see the black boarders.
Message 2 of 5 (41 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Yup, tried that. The only thing I haven't tried is hooking the PS to a different tv, which I am going to try this weekend. By the way, this is my second slim in six months. The audio went out on the first after two days, so I returned it to Amazon for a new one. From what I've read on the net the PS3, slim or original, have a lot of problems. Sony really has dropped in quality with the PS3. If I could could do it over, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have bought it.

Message 3 of 5 (38 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9182 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2012

You've just been unlucky that's all. It happens with all of us in electronics. I had to replace my ipod mini 3 times before i had a fully functioning one.

But the majority of slim models are built really well, and have a lower failure rate than the "phat" models.

Message 4 of 5 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
5 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Not trying to be too down on Sony, I own three of their tv's (46, 40 & 32) and my surround/blu ray combo as well, but its just really frustrating that the only thing not working right is the one thing I bought the product for - games. I wouldn't be near as mad if there seemed to be a solution to the problem. It took a day and a half to down load and install the Uncharted games, only to have to uninstall them trying to solve the issue, which still didn't get solved. Plus, when i do get it solved, I am thinking I don't want to try and reinstall those games, since they seemed to cause the problem, but the tech told me Sony probably won't refund my money.

Message 5 of 5 (33 Views)
0 Likes