Aug 25 2013
By: Amnalehu Fender Bender 3263 posts

Playstation Rewards?

9 replies 209 views Edited Aug 25, 2013

I have pretty my decided to go 100% digital with my PS4 and Vita games. It would seem that the profit margins for Sony as well as third party developers would be higher on digital games than games bought at retail outlets. More than half of all Vita game sales are digital downloads. It dawned on me that it might be in Sony's best interested to introduce some type of rewards program for people that buy games via the PSN Does anyone think that Sony will introduce some type of rewards program to further the sales of digital games or has one already been announced?

Message 1 of 10 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11395 posts

Re: Playstation Rewards?

Aug 25, 2013

There was a "PlayStation Rewards" program introduced a few years ago, in which purchases made through the PlayStation Network and those in PlayStation Home would affect your status toward earning rewards like avatars and paid trips to the Consumer Electronic Show in Vegas. This whole thing of course never came out of beta and was terminated before that could happen. Only PlayStation Plus members and members of the Gamer Advisory Panel were invited to experience the program's limited run.

Message 2 of 10 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3263 posts

Aug 25, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

There was a "PlayStation Rewards" program introduced a few years ago, in which purchases made through the PlayStation Network and those in PlayStation Home would affect your status toward earning rewards like avatars and paid trips to the Consumer Electronic Show in Vegas. This whole thing of course never came out of beta and was terminated before that could happen. Only PlayStation Plus members and members of the Gamer Advisory Panel were invited to experience the program's limited run.

I was actually a part of that (see my avatar). I was thinking something more along the lines of a something that would allow you to get discounts on on the PS store.

Message 3 of 10 (189 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12686 posts

Aug 25, 2013
Kind of like the Deluxe Digital Promotion for Wii U deluxe owners? From now until December they get 10% back on all digital purchases via $5 code redemptions
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 10 (163 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14105 posts

Aug 25, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Yeah, I have a few avatar "Legends" because of that. Now the rewards program has been replaced with PS plus and all it's discounted and free goodies.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 5 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3263 posts

Aug 25, 2013

I don't really see PS+ as a rewards program. rewards programs typically reward you for loyalty and reward you with points or cash back with each purchase.

Message 6 of 10 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Aug 25, 2013
I'd like to see them go one step further and give people an incentive to buy digital. Places like amazon, best buy, Microsoft store give incentives such as $20 credits and gift cards for preorder/buying physical copies. I don't see why this can't be done for digital games on psn, it would cut down on used sales as well. I like to see a rewards program similar to what is on Xbox live or any other credit card. Give something like 5% back on digital purchases with discounts tied to your trophy count and plus tenure, the higher the deeper the discounts.
Message 7 of 10 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3263 posts

Aug 25, 2013

PICK34 wrote:
I'd like to see them go one step further and give people an incentive to buy digital. Places like amazon, best buy, Microsoft store give incentives such as $20 credits and gift cards for preorder/buying physical copies. I don't see why this can't be done for digital games on psn, it would cut down on used sales as well. I like to see a rewards program similar to what is on Xbox live or any other credit card. Give something like 5% back on digital purchases with discounts tied to your trophy count and plus tenure, the higher the deeper the discounts.

THIS is what I mean. I true rewards program.

Message 8 of 10 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3263 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Saw this on Gamespot today: PLAY ON GAMING REWARDS

Perhaps we will be getting a rewards program!

Message 9 of 10 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Aug 26, 2013

What I would like to see is something similar to Club Nintendo. For those of you that don't know Club Nintendo is a service where most the big release games will come with a Club Nintendo Code that you can enter online and earn points with. After earning enough points you can purchase posters, figures, Virtual Console games and other Nintendo memorabilia, and if you manage to earn a high enough amount of points over the course of a year you are qualified for Elite Status rewards, which are essentially free and high value rewards that you can have shipped to your house if you meet the tier requierment (ie. earn 400 points and you get Gold status, and 800 earns you Platinum status).

I think this would be awesome, and while Sony does have the Sony Rewards, the way that you get those and the prizes you earn aren't really gfeared towards video games, so unless thney expland the service I am not considering Sony Rewards to be a PlayStation Rewards program.

Message 10 of 10 (77 Views)
0 Likes