Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 18 2013
By: GuRuAsaki2098 Uncharted Territory 1739 posts

Playstation: Questions?

7 replies 119 views Edited Feb 18, 2013

If another Console comes out in the Future, such as PS4... 

I heard PSP Go & PS Vita didn't Launch with very many Titles,
& Wii U got like 5 Games at Launch... 

If Sony were to bring out another Console, say the PS4 for instance... 

Does Sony think they have what it takes to bring out a
Console with enough Games to cover it, when all these
Other things have Failed at it... 

I love how people claim that PS3 Failed at Launch, due to High Prices, & the lack of Games... 

If I remember right, if you could afford a PS3 at all, you'd be lucky to have 1 Game... 

I really don't see how they Failed at a List of Games brought out... 

I think I managed pretty well with a good few Games for PS3, when it first Launched... 
Can't see how it Failed... 

But anyways... 

Does anyone think PS4 or anything Sony brings out, will even have any Games for it? 
Or do you think it'll be a lot like the PSP Go & PS Vita?

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Re: Playstation: Questions?

Feb 18, 2013

Nintendo has a reputation to have issues when it comes to Third Party titles. So of course the Wii U didn't launch with much. Sony thrives with Third Party titles. You can bet that if it launches in October/November that many games will be coming with it.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (114 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15233 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Sony has historically had the highest number of games available on launch day, at least since the PS2 having 20 and PS3 having 25 IIRC, with Xbox being a close 2nd.

Thats not to say they're all going to be GOOD games, but at least it gives consumers some choices.

The Wii U launched with nothing more than a handful of exclusives, and a myriad of multi-platform games that have been out for a little while already.
But Nintendo didn't ever have much of a strong lineup of launch titles...

For nearly every console in the past 4 generations or so, the good games tended to come out almost a year or two after the initial launch.

But for some people, that sort of thing doesn't matter. 

Can't wait for the 20th tho.... 2 more days, 2 more videos. the next 2 are probably going to be the PSP and Vita.

If this is a PS4 announcement, which is pretty telling that it is, if the specs are good and the launch titles look good through the trailer/videos then i'll likely get it on launch day.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (110 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10920 posts

Feb 18, 2013

The PlayStation Vita and Wii U both had over 20 games stocked in their launch lineup, if you include the downloadable games that were available at that period. PSP Go, on the other hand, had many downloadable PSP games. Basically, you can imagine a sizeable history of downloadable-only PSP titles throughout the history of the PSP from four years in.

It's not that any of these platforms don't have games. More so, it's that these platforms don't appeal to the masses in the same way as other platforms have. With the Vita for example, it's a high-priced handheld that may be sleek and glossy on the outside, but the interior doesn't carry as many games as gamers want to play. Sure there's an Uncharted game, but what if you don't really want to play Uncharted that much? There was also the likes of ModNation Racers (without online gameplay) and Plants vs. Zombies at launch time, but the question remains whether everyone is ramped up to go for titles like these - which not everyone is.

Whether you have the games already, have played similar games, or just don't want the games for some reason, a launch lineup doesn't always consist of games that are for everyone. At times you might see one or two exclusives that bring out the "gotta have" in a just-launched platform. For me, the way I see it is you really need three solid good reasons to get a new platform. If there's nothing there immediately, or nothing else down the line then the attraction to that console or handheld just isn't there.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I was refering to what I saw at Game Stop... I saw like 5 Games for the Wii U... Possibly more, but I doub't it... 

But good point, there were DLC that Launched, I suppose, too... oO

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13906 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Check in at 2pm pst/5 pm est on Wednesday and find out. Hopefully we'll finally get PS4 info that we can actually discuss. And btw, don't mention the other consoles by name, it's not allowed.
Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (74 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24209 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I never understood the whole gamer logic argument of "no good games at launch". The line of thinking is that if there's 20 great games at launch, then everyone is going to run out and buy the console. That's a fallacy. You don't want to release a killer game when there's only 50,000 consoles in people's homes, and you never play your best cards on the first hand.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (70 Views)
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Feb 20, 2013
How about you don't worry about it, buy a Super Nintendo with Chrono Trigger AND ALL your worries and doubts about Next Gen consoles will be solved.
Nuff Salad Hold the Ranch.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (45 Views)
0 Likes