Reply
Oct 22 2012
By: KSI-White-Irish First Son 4 posts
Offline

Playstation Pulse on XBOX 360

23 replies 8614 views Edited Oct 22, 2012

Im wanting to buy a new headset and am tired of switching from system to system does anyone know if the playstation pulse headphones will work with the XBOX 360? I kinda assumed because of the USB stick but wasnt sure. 

Message 1 of 24 (8,614 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 02/02/2005
Online
10528 posts
 

Re: Playstation Pulse on XBOX 360

Oct 22, 2012

KSI-White-Irish wrote:

Im wanting to buy a new headset and am tired of switching from system to system does anyone know if the playstation pulse headphones will work with the XBOX 360? I kinda assumed because of the USB stick but wasnt sure. 


as with the other headset it will probably work but only partially..
 
>

Message 2 of 24 (8,608 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/03/2010
Offline
4 posts
 

Re: Playstation Pulse on XBOX 360

Oct 22, 2012

yeah? i have a tritton axpro and always have to hook the digital back up to the ps3 to chat i usually just leave it in the back of my tv cause it will play the audio through whatever is on the tv but when my friends are online i have to switch.

Message 3 of 24 (8,606 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/07/2012
Offline
9 posts
 

I've got the pulse and

Oct 23, 2012

So, I'm not too familiar with the XBox, but I do remember that the controllers have a 1/8" jack for the MS headsets, Is the jack mono and voice or 3 pole stereo and voice? Also--with the pulse headset there is the ability to route your TV's stereo signal into the USB dongle via a 1/8" connection. I'm finding that the Pulse headset is very versatile and the powered bass Pulse does work while they are plugged into an iphone via the 1/8" 3 pole patch cable, although the booklet states that they will only function as passive cans in that mode. They do work well with skype on both a Win 7 and MAC OS so I'd imagine that the XBox Os can push voice and audio. It also seems that the bass pulse is recognising the sonic lows to trigger and isn't dependent upon the dongle encoding any audio feed, so while the 7.1 probably won't function the Pulse likely will. Hope this helped.

Message 4 of 24 (8,568 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16133 posts
 

Re: I've got the pulse and

Oct 23, 2012

ArabTRWrist wrote:

So, I'm not too familiar with the XBox, but I do remember that the controllers have a 1/8" jack for the MS headsets, Is the jack mono and voice or 3 pole stereo and voice? Also--with the pulse headset there is the ability to route your TV's stereo signal into the USB dongle via a 1/8" connection. I'm finding that the Pulse headset is very versatile and the powered bass Pulse does work while they are plugged into an iphone via the 1/8" 3 pole patch cable, although the booklet states that they will only function as passive cans in that mode. They do work well with skype on both a Win 7 and MAC OS so I'd imagine that the XBox Os can push voice and audio. It also seems that the bass pulse is recognising the sonic lows to trigger and isn't dependent upon the dongle encoding any audio feed, so while the 7.1 probably won't function the Pulse likely will. Hope this helped.


Not gonna work with the Xbox....... the headset jack in the controller is smaller than the standard 3.5mm, which is what the Pulse uses for people to use MP3 players or smarphones with.

 

The USB dongle only works with the PS3 and PC's and will not work with Xbox.

 

I've dusted off my 360 and woudn't you know it.... doesnt work.

 

Next time, please be sure to use the "Enter/Return" key on your keyboard and use proper punctuation.... I had a difficult time trying to understand you

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up


Message 5 of 24 (8,536 Views)
First Son
Registered: 08/22/2012
Offline
32 posts
 

Re: I've got the pulse and

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

pulse is on ie for 360 and the xbox bluetooth will work on both xbox and ps3  those headsets will not work on xbox

[URL=http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbl/user/KSI Majin/][IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/224046.png[/IMG][/URL]
Message 6 of 24 (8,515 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 05/12/2009
Online
6555 posts
 

Re: I've got the pulse and

Oct 24, 2012
The pulse headsets will not work on the xbox360.
Message 7 of 24 (8,486 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/24/2007
Offline
529 posts
 

Re: I've got the pulse and

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

ArabTRWrist wrote:

So, I'm not too familiar with the XBox, but I do remember that the controllers have a 1/8" jack for the MS headsets, Is the jack mono and voice or 3 pole stereo and voice? Also--with the pulse headset there is the ability to route your TV's stereo signal into the USB dongle via a 1/8" connection. I'm finding that the Pulse headset is very versatile and the powered bass Pulse does work while they are plugged into an iphone via the 1/8" 3 pole patch cable, although the booklet states that they will only function as passive cans in that mode. They do work well with skype on both a Win 7 and MAC OS so I'd imagine that the XBox Os can push voice and audio. It also seems that the bass pulse is recognising the sonic lows to trigger and isn't dependent upon the dongle encoding any audio feed, so while the 7.1 probably won't function the Pulse likely will. Hope this helped.


Not gonna work with the Xbox....... the headset jack in the controller is smaller than the standard 3.5mm, which is what the Pulse uses for people to use MP3 players or smarphones with.

 

The USB dongle only works with the PS3 and PC's and will not work with Xbox.

 

I've dusted off my 360 and woudn't you know it.... doesnt work.

 

Next time, please be sure to use the "Enter/Return" key on your keyboard and use proper punctuation.... I had a difficult time trying to understand you


if you get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm (audio/voice) adapter, it should work. I've been trying to find one to try. Example, plug the cable that came with the headset into the controller for voice only. BUT if you only want the audio of the game, leave the dongle in the PS3 and use an audio adapter to run from dongle to the audio wire on xbox. it's a lot of work to experiment with, and money.

Final Fantasy XI: Darklordsidius
(Caitsith) *Ragnarok*

Gaming since 1982
Message 8 of 24 (8,482 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/07/2012
Offline
9 posts
 

Re: I've got the pulse and

Oct 24, 2012

 


gR3yGh051 wrote:

Next time, please be sure to use the "Enter/Return" key on your keyboard and use proper punctuation.... I had a difficult time trying to understand you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure thing. 

 

I'll attempt to separate my thoughts with a double space and use proper punctuation. 

 

I too love to abuse the ellipses and leave full stops (read: periods) off of sentences.

 

People is glass houses?  :smileytongue:

 

Seriously though, I agree with you on that last one -- it was a bit difficult to follow.

 

Thanks for all of the responses, I haven't touched an xbox in four years so wasn't certain what the software was supporting these days. However -- a 1/8" to mini adaptor is about a $3, so it might be worth a try. <3

Message 9 of 24 (8,449 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16133 posts
 

Re: I've got the pulse and

Oct 24, 2012

Darklordsidius wrote:

 leave the dongle in the PS3 and use an audio adapter to run from dongle to the audio wire on xbox. it's a lot of work to experiment with


how the heck is that supposed to work if the dongle is simply a  wireless USB transceiver?

 

Not only is it a lot of work to experiement with, its downright out of the realm of most peoples knowledge and willingness to get something to work, and just cause a complete mess of wires and cables and theres always that potential of damaging one or both consoles in the process.



Here's a tip...... when you buy an officially licensed product, make a mental note that anything officially licensed is hardly going to be usable on any other platform unless otherwise noted.

 

 

Take it from me..... I've tried..... doesnt work, nor will it ever.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up


Message 10 of 24 (8,448 Views)
Reply
0 Likes