Jan 02 2013
By: orange1947 First Son 4 posts

Playstation Plus?

4 replies 93 views Edited Jan 2, 2013

I bought a 2nd PS3 from Amazon which included a code for 49.95 one year membership to Playstation Plus.  Please pardon my ignorance, but what good is this one year mebership?   I don't buy downloaded games.  I have another PS3 and can download all the demos I want for nothing.  I am baffled?  Please help and thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (93 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9307 posts

Message 2 of 5 (83 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5700 posts

Re: Playstation Plus?

Jan 2, 2013

Plus gives users full games free every month. As long as you have an internet connection and a decent bit of HDD space you got some games to play Smiley Happy

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 3 of 5 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
9343 posts

Jan 2, 2013

orange1947 wrote:

I bought a 2nd PS3 from Amazon which included a code for 49.95 one year membership to Playstation Plus.  Please pardon my ignorance, but what good is this one year mebership?   I don't buy downloaded games.  I have another PS3 and can download all the demos I want for nothing.  I am baffled?  Please help and thank you.

With Playstation Plus you can get more than 12 PS3 games from the Playstation Store for free. But even if you don't want the games, Playstation Plus gives you online "Cloud" data storage for your game saves. If your PS3 dies or you get another PS3, you can download all your game saves from the cloud. 

Also with Playstation Plus, you get many free avatars and Dynamic Themes, that are yours to keep forever, even if you quit Playstation Plus. And who knows, you might be able to get into a free beta test of a game that has not been released yet. Since you already have the code for a year of Playstation Plus, you might as well use it. 

p4OJa.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 4 of 5 (76 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Thank you everyone for your help.  Regarding Treasure Of Sierre Madre.  Great film.  "Go ahead Dobsy I hear they don't let go until sundown."

Message 5 of 5 (68 Views)
0 Likes