Oct 01 2011
By: HisShadowX Lombax Warrior 148 posts

Playstation Plus is worth it

8 replies 64 views Edited Oct 1, 2011

I just tried to the Playstation Plus program I figured getting the two Resident Evil games with the discount ratther then just buying them on our own I would be paying for the same thing if I bought into the membership. So I figure this would be a trial of sorts...

Since then I enjoyed the online service the auto patching when I am not home and the syncing...I like the fact that this is a good service that I am supporting. If there could be any feature added if something is free and my subscription expires I would like the option to buy the game. I'd don't like expiring content over my head.

Increased storage would be nice the deals are nice but I am hoping to see more additions on Home as well

Message 1 of 9 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Re: Playstation Plus is worth it

Oct 1, 2011

Plus is what you make of it. alot of people say its a rip off - but basicly, if you watch when to buy you can make plus free. like you and I did. And great idea about a reducd price to buy the games after your membership ended. Remember though all games you get a discount on - such as the RE games are yours forever - even when plus runs out.The only thing you dont keep is there completly free games - like plants vs zombies.

Message 2 of 9 (64 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41856 posts

Oct 2, 2011

jpbslayer wrote:

Plus is what you make of it. alot of people say its a rip off - but basicly, if you watch when to buy you can make plus free. like you and I did. And great idea about a reducd price to buy the games after your membership ended. Remember though all games you get a discount on - such as the RE games are yours forever - even when plus runs out.The only thing you dont keep is there completly free games - like plants vs zombies.

This is one of those rare occasions where I'm going to disagree with you sir, as you know I've been a 'continuous' Plus Subscriber since day one & I think I have got well in excess of the $100.00 I have so far paid out, wouldn't that make mine 'free' too.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 9 (64 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Oct 2, 2011

To me the real value in PS+ are the discounts (RE4 HD as a recent example), and the free games are a nice kicker.  On the discount front, the day one stuff appeals to me the most.  Another recent example, I picked up Cubixx HD at 30% off.  While I have not had much time to play, I love the original Qixx, so this is a very pleasant surprise and a good deal to boot!

For the most part the free games have been hit or miss.  Some I am interested in, while others are sort of ho-hum, but they are free, and some like the Sam and Max series are great 'free' Trophy boost games.

The free PSOne Classics are nice, but to be honest, they do not get played much.  I have many of these on CD already, and from a graphics standpoint, they just don't hold up well.  Not in the same sort of INTV games still rule sort of way; although there is a ton of gameplay value to be found.  I mostly uses these on my PSP, and expect that trend to continue when the Vita is released.

I have debated letting my subscription expire and going the route of jpb - just re-up for 3 months at a time when the deals are right.  Sep was a great month, hopefully Oct and Nov will be just as nice.  Holding out hope (at least a little) that Sony will do something special for all us day one subscribers as Nov rolls around.

Message 4 of 9 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Oct 2, 2011

why yes it would brit. but you also got to compare how mucj we have each bought off the psn - most gaes there that i want i have. i have well in enxcess of 1000 psn purchases. thats why for me its better to watch the deals. they went 7 months without offering something i dont have - not there fault by no means. but for me better to watch for deals.

Now someone who hasnt bought much of the psn - i would suggest getting a membership - the only time i promote my idea is fr the people who think it is a rip off

EDIT - AND THE NAYSYERS - its easier for them to see imediate value

Message 5 of 9 (64 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41856 posts

Oct 2, 2011

jpbslayer wrote:

why yes it would brit. but you also got to compare how mucj we have each bought off the psn - most gaes there that i want i have. i have well in enxcess of 1000 psn purchases. thats why for me its better to watch the deals. they went 7 months without offering something i dont have - not there fault by no means. but for me better to watch for deals.

Now someone who hasnt bought much of the psn - i would suggest getting a membership - the only time i promote my idea is fr the people who think it is a rip off

EDIT - AND THE NAYSYERS - its easier for them to see imediate value

Yea sorry, I meant to add that in your case, or for others like you who already have a load of PSN purchases you're doing the right thing, apologies.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 6 of 9 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4080 posts

Oct 3, 2011

I've had plus since it launched and was skeptical, but thought that once time went on it got better and better. I love the automatic downloading, the free games, percentage off games, and betas its great

Dopeboy_8732 Trophy Card

Message 7 of 9 (64 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Oct 7, 2011

i guess it would be personally opinion on whether this service is worth it. Personally i have still yet to get my money worth from this service, and this is coming from someone who doesnt really have that much games on the ps3. i would have thought they would be releasing games to everyones enjoyments, and to other audiences, but that doesnt seem to be the case. while i do download things from PS+ when i say money worth i mean games i download and like to the point of me keeping them on my ps3. if i downloaded something and didnt like it i delete it and probably never look at it again, which is what happens to most games. i think the only game noe that i have on my ps3 is Plants vs Zombies, eveything else has either never been downloaded (from either doing reseach and finding it not to my interest) or downloaded and within hours of trying it out deleting it.

Now i know it might still be too early to judge ps+, but i think it would be alot better if it catered to everyone not just people who own ps3. As is Psp games should be offered, maybe movies (though i could see how difficult it would be) and PS Home content. Now both psp games and PS home content have had content in PS+, but i think it was only 1 time for PS Home (being the zombie mask) and psp had the god of war early demo with price drop for some psp games as well (but all have been for games i have already own) granted that just me, but again its what i was saying by cartering to everyone.

As of right now i would say its neither worth it, or not. you really cant judge it by only buying 3 months or 12 months, and since its completely random of what we get i like the sense of surprise if a game i want gets available for PS+, but that hasnt happend yet. hopefully soon though?

iTofuMan Trophy Card

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 9 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Oct 8, 2011

iTofuMan wrote:

Now i know it might still be too early to judge ps+, but i think it would be alot better if it catered to everyone not just people who own ps3. As is Psp games should be offered, maybe movies (though i could see how difficult it would be) and PS Home content. Now both psp games and PS home content have had content in PS+, but i think it was only 1 time for PS Home (being the zombie mask) and psp had the god of war early demo with price drop for some psp games as well (but all have been for games i have already own) granted that just me, but again its what i was saying by cartering to everyone.

I had a hard time trying to figure out how to reply.  On one hand you are saying PS+ should offer more PSP content.  On the other you describe some of the previously offered PS+ PSP content, including the God of War demo.  Is your concern that when PSP content (including discounts) are offered, they do not appeal to you because you already own the content?

To Sony's credit, PSOne titles are offered and they do play on the PSP - of course these are older titles.  I don't care that much about the minis, but once again, technically more PSP content via PS+.  In the future it would be nice to see more PSP content or at some point the Vita, and bliss would come the day that Sony offers some sort of voucher (free movie rental, Home items, avatar, theme, etc) as a replacement for a PS+ monthly release that you have already purchased.  Doubt it will happen, but one can dream ...

Message 9 of 9 (64 Views)
0 Likes