Jul 05 2012
By: TUNNELRAT-1972 Hekseville Citizen 392 posts

Playstation Plus is it worth it?

12 replies 4823 views Edited Jul 5, 2012

So new to the PS3 and wanted to know if the benefits of Playstation Plus membership are worth it? I saw that you get games and some nice looking benefits for having it, but I want to hear it from the community if it's worth getting. The games you get for being a member are they  permanent or just for that month? Thanks for the help.

Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 1 of 13 (4,823 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10137 posts

Re: Playstation Plus is it worth it?

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2012

The games you download are yours to keep as long as you keep your membership. Once it expires, those games are locked and if you renew you'll be able to access them again.

Playstation plus is very well worth the investment if you're planning on downloading a LOT of stuff. The free games are sometimes too good to be true.

The service also offers cloud storage, so you could save all your saved files to the cloud in case the console breaks down or you're going to a friends house you can easily access your saved file from the cloud.

The service also offers automatic downloads, this enables the ps3 to download file patches, upload saved data to the cloud and sync your trophies automatically when not in use. Basically the console will open by itself and check for new saved data, firmware updates etc. This is a really practical feature and easily one of the reasons why im sticking with the program.

If you want to stay up to date with the weekly psn releases you should check out the Playstation Blog!

More info on playstation plus!

Message 2 of 13 (4,821 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Thanks. I am used to Paying Microsoft for online and you really get nothing with that service except the ability to be online so this sounds like a good deal to me.

Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 3 of 13 (4,809 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Jul 5, 2012

I've paid Microsoft for 7 years just for online gaming. With the latest dashboard update they brought out Cloud storage but its not automated like Sonys. To me your paying the same ammount a year you would Microsoft, but your getting so much more out of it. Plus you don't have to pay to play online.

I just signed up myself for Playstation Plus and I'm enjoying it so far. I hadn't downloaded any of the free games yet; nothing really that impresses me, but once there is something that does I'll be checking it out. The cloud storage is helpful to me since I like to go to my friends house and play and want to use my custom classes in COD instead of having to start all over everytime.

Message 4 of 13 (4,806 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9830 posts

Jul 5, 2012

TUNNELRAT-1972 wrote:

So new to the PS3 and wanted to know if the benefits of Playstation Plus membership are worth it? I saw that you get games and some nice looking benefits for having it, but I want to hear it from the community if it's worth getting. The games you get for being a member are they  permanent or just for that month? Thanks for the help.

To me Playstation Plus is definetly worth it. If you get Playstation Plus for one year (costs $50 dollars) right now, you will get 12 full PS3 games 50 avatars and 20 Dynamic Themes. And you will have an entire year to finish the 12 games before you have to pay another dime for them. And of course you will get many more games before the year is over.

I have had Playstation Plus since the first day (June 2010), and I have recieved well over 100 games and about 5 beta invitesmuscle-squirrel.jpg

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 5 of 13 (4,791 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41713 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Ermmmm...

Is getting playstation plus worth it?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 6 of 13 (4,788 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Jul 6, 2012

Is there any information out there that there will be benefits for the Vita from Playstation Plus? I just got a Vita and that is why I switched over to PS3 and am pretty happy I did at this point. I think you guys sold me on the Plus membership so thanks.

Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 7 of 13 (4,783 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jul 6, 2012

If you join Plus, you automatically have access to 12 FREE Full PSN/PS3 games, which is well over $100 in value already. Not to mention the games they will undoubtedly release for free.

Plus you'll get savings of up to 50% as opposed to buying games and content as a non-Plus member

You get to keep those Free games for as long as you maintain a Plus subscription.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 13 (4,772 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jul 6, 2012

By the way, this discussion should be done in this thread;

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Plus/Playstation-Plus-Pros-and-Cons/m-p/37482747/...

Furiously Chaosing
Message 9 of 13 (4,768 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Jul 6, 2012

Yeah saw that after I posted this.

Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 10 of 13 (4,761 Views)
0 Likes