Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Jan 31 2013
By: JesseTheStallion First Son 2 posts
Offline

Playstation Plus is a SCAM...

16 replies 961 views Edited Jan 31, 2013
I've been a playstation plus member for over a year now and I've just recently been confronted with the notion that the "free" games I've downloaded aren't free at all. Nor are they mine. They're being "licensed to me" by Sony to play as long as I have a subscription. This is deceptive, dishonest and stupid. I originally signed up for a subscription because PS Plus advertised it self as membership that gave discounts, cool perks (like beta tests) and free games. Sony intentionally misled people like myself for their own benefit. I joined to receive and own free games, not to rent them. If I had known this I would have saved myself $20-30 a year and just rented or even purchase the few "free" games that PS Plus has offered which I've had any interest in playing. Most of the games, by the way, have been lame arcade style games or ps "classics". I'm sure you feel so smart Sony having duped so many of us with your double talk, but you've only proven the kind of company you really are. I tried baring with you through the great PSN hack and shut down debacle a few years back and yet you keep giving me reason to despise you. Funny how I've paid for an Xbox gold subscription for the last SEVEN YEARS and have never felt as taken advantage of as I have been by you, on multiple occasions. You're the perfect example of a greed-centered organization Sony. Shame on you.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (961 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
272 posts
 

Re: Playstation Plus is a SCAM...

Jan 31, 2013
Sounds like you didn't read ToS before subscribing. That's you fault not Sony's.

CLOSED TOPIC.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My PS3 Trophies - Seu Ranking Definitivo
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (960 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/14/2012
Offline
190 posts
 

Re: Playstation Plus is a SCAM...

Jan 31, 2013
Ps+ is bad and takes advantage of people, but XBL is great????

You are a troll or just very very dumb. I'm not sure which one it is, but it has to be one of them.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (953 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/08/2012
Online
1192 posts
 

Re: Playstation Plus is a SCAM...

Jan 31, 2013

JesseTheStallion wrote:
I've been a playstation plus member for over a year now and I've just recently been confronted with the notion that the "free" games I've downloaded aren't free at all. Nor are they mine. They're being "licensed to me" by Sony to play as long as I have a subscription. This is deceptive, dishonest and stupid. I originally signed up for a subscription because PS Plus advertised it self as membership that gave discounts, cool perks (like beta tests) and free games. Sony intentionally misled people like myself for their own benefit. I joined to receive and own free games, not to rent them. If I had known this I would have saved myself $20-30 a year and just rented or even purchase the few "free" games that PS Plus has offered which I've had any interest in playing. Most of the games, by the way, have been lame arcade style games or ps "classics". I'm sure you feel so smart Sony having duped so many of us with your double talk, but you've only proven the kind of company you really are. I tried baring with you through the great PSN hack and shut down debacle a few years back and yet you keep giving me reason to despise you. Funny how I've paid for an Xbox gold subscription for the last SEVEN YEARS and have never felt as taken advantage of as I have been by you, on multiple occasions. You're the perfect example of a greed-centered organization Sony. Shame on you.

You gotta pay the troll toll!!

 

You sir are quite silly if you had no idea what ps+ is. It clearly states.....and I mean clearly, exactly how it works.

 

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2034

 

Literally, on the first line of the faq it details how the IGC works. Get with it man. It's no difference than say, gamefly or GASP! Netflix. It's a subscription service. I am sorry your parents didn't lay it out for you clearly when they signed you up for the awesome playstation plus service that is clearly meant for adults only, because yo' **bleep** can't read son! Cheers! :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (943 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 12/27/2012
Offline
46 posts
 

Re: Playstation Plus is a SCAM...

Jan 31, 2013
Did you know nothing in this digital age is truly owned. Take downloaded music for example. You don't own that apple song you paid $0.99 for. They are licensing you the right to hear it on your device. You can't trade it, donate it, sell it, you can't even will it to your kids after your death because the licensing agreement is terminated at the time you expire. Sony is VERY up front with the idea that the games are free until the time that the agreement is over and the agreement is over at the time you decide to end your arrangement with plus. But hey, what in the world can you own? Really. Can you own land? If you owned your land then why do you have to pay the government every year their taxes for the right to live on "your" land. This is the world, nothing's free; sorry you just woke up. Wonderland's over for this guy - it sucks on this side of the looking glass; but you'll make it, just like the rest of us.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (934 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 05/10/2012
Offline
409 posts
 

Re: Playstation Plus is a SCAM...

Jan 31, 2013

yeah i mainly downloaded the free games... then my membership elapsed and i have yet too renew it...:smileysad:

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (932 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/02/2010
Offline
56 posts
 

Re: Playstation Plus is a SCAM...

Jan 31, 2013

knightnorth wrote:
Did you know nothing in this digital age is truly owned. Take downloaded music for example. You don't own that apple song you paid $0.99 for. They are licensing you the right to hear it on your device. You can't trade it, donate it, sell it, you can't even will it to your kids after your death because the licensing agreement is terminated at the time you expire. Sony is VERY up front with the idea that the games are free until the time that the agreement is over and the agreement is over at the time you decide to end your arrangement with plus. But hey, what in the world can you own? Really. Can you own land? If you owned your land then why do you have to pay the government every year their taxes for the right to live on "your" land. This is the world, nothing's free; sorry you just woke up. Wonderland's over for this guy - it sucks on this side of the looking glass; but you'll make it, just like the rest of us.

You are looking too much into it. That bolded part is basically a way of Apple saying that they don't have to legally do anything if you happen to be unable to access your parent's iTunes music library.  Companies put things like this in their ToS to protect themselves, not to take away rights to ownership, even though it sounds that way.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (924 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: Playstation Plus is a SCAM...

Jan 31, 2013

Ghostwize wrote:

You gotta pay the troll toll!!

 

You sir are quite silly if you had no idea what ps+ is. It clearly states.....and I mean clearly, exactly how it works.

 

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2034

 

Literally, on the first line of the faq it details how the IGC works. Get with it man. It's no difference than say, gamefly or GASP! Netflix. It's a subscription service. I am sorry your parents didn't lay it out for you clearly when they signed you up for the awesome playstation plus service that is clearly meant for adults only, because yo' **bleep** can't read son! Cheers! :smileytongue:


Come on, Ghost...that would involve reading at around a 1st Grade level. Jesse doesn't even understand how paragraphs work.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (907 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
28992 posts
 

Re: Playstation Plus is a SCAM...

Jan 31, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Ghostwize wrote:

You gotta pay the troll toll!!

 

You sir are quite silly if you had no idea what ps+ is. It clearly states.....and I mean clearly, exactly how it works.

 

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2034

 

Literally, on the first line of the faq it details how the IGC works. Get with it man. It's no difference than say, gamefly or GASP! Netflix. It's a subscription service. I am sorry your parents didn't lay it out for you clearly when they signed you up for the awesome playstation plus service that is clearly meant for adults only, because yo' **bleep** can't read son! Cheers! :smileytongue:


Come on, Ghost...that would involve reading at around a 1st Grade level. Jesse doesn't even understand how paragraphs work.


:smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (894 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 10/21/2007
Offline
2728 posts
 

Re: Playstation Plus is a SCAM...

Jan 31, 2013
Next time you should read the TOS! :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (871 Views)
0 Likes