Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Re: Playstation Plus in not for Vita

Oct 13, 2012
I have to agree with the others. You should have done some more research on Plus. Even reading a couple articles from a Google search or posting here could have saved you from the purchase. Sorry, but if Plus on the Vita turns out as good as it has on the PS3 then you should definetly resubscribe! It's a great value.
Message 31 of 40 (159 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Research as I said was done. And anyone purchasing plus 6 months ago would be saying the same as I. Only if you waited did you realize it was not supported as I have come to find out. No bottom line is;  when Vita was released, a disclaimer saying it was not supported yet on plus should have went on the details. As far as it being a great value. Plus has 6 more months of my 1 year subscription to redeem themselves. So for my impressions, my last 6 months says my comment still stands.

Message 32 of 40 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 13, 2012

pipeline100 wrote:

Because of what they touted as being a benefit to join. Not knowing that Vita was not yet supported. 1 year subscription. 6 months wasted. They dropped the ball by not putting a disclaimer that Vita it not yet supported. Then you join at your own peril. And I know cuz I scrutinized the details and felt that it was supported (because it did not say PS3 or PSP only) and that it was more of a matter of when material would be released as the system was still new. As I said I didn't expect Full games but at least throw us a bone now and then. (DLC, app, comic, something! anything!)

Here are the "touted" benefits of Playstation Plus: 

Automatic Update

Automatic Update gives you the choice to receive the latest PS3™ system software and all your latest game updates without lifting a finger. It can enable automated Trophy sync and game saves with PlayStation®Network or deliver selected game and video content directly to your console.

Online Game Save

Effortlessly load countless game save data files with 1GB of storage on the PlayStation®Network and access them on other PlayStation®3 systems.

Full Game Trial

It's like a 1-hour game rental and a great way to try before you buy. In the past, we've featured games likeRed Faction®: Guerrilla™, inFamous, Mass Effect™ 2 and Borderlands™

Exclusive & Early Access

Enjoy exclusive content for your PS3™ and receive priority access to selected betas and demos. Past titles have included Mortal Kombat™, DC Universe™ Online, and Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception™.

Your Instant Game Collection
  • Immediate access to a library of great games
  • New titles arriving all the time
  • Exclusive access to game discounts, betas, demos and features
Available Now on PlayStation®Plus

EVERY SINGLE TITLE YOU SEE THERE IS FOR PS3 ONLY. SO I DON'T SEE HOW YOU CAN IMPLY ANYTHING ABOUT THE VITA.
Message 33 of 40 (154 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Oct 13, 2012

show me the detail description 6 months ago. And as I said isn't it called "Playstation Plus". They had PSP releases 6 months ago as well. So what you are saying is because they only gave PS3 freebies now then it is only a PS3 exclusive. Then explain again why release PSP games on  plus as well. No the intent is to have all formats on the plus network. They dropped the ball by not saying Vita was not supported yet but will be in the future.

Message 34 of 40 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Oct 13, 2012

any recent detail on Plus is updated because there were concerns that people subscribed thinking that Vita was supported. As I said, I scrutinized the details and nowhere did it specifically state that it was for PS3 systems only. It implied that all systems would have these benefits or I would not have joined. Now things are stated so there is no question about it. Nevertheless as I said a disclaimer should have been posted on the details so there is no question about it.  End of discussion spent too much time here explaining the obvious. VITA NOT YET SUPPORTED. over and out

Message 35 of 40 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 13, 2012

Plus isn't the same program it was 6 months ago, so I don't know why you're bringing 6 months ago into a discussion about the present.

Message 36 of 40 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 13, 2012

pipeline100 wrote:

any recent detail on Plus is updated because there were concerns that people subscribed thinking that Vita was supported. As I said, I scrutinized the details and nowhere did it specifically state that it was for PS3 systems only. It implied that all systems would have these benefits or I would not have joined. Now things are stated so there is no question about it. Nevertheless as I said a disclaimer should have been posted on the details so there is no question about it.  End of discussion spent too much time here explaining the obvious. VITA NOT YET SUPPORTED. over and out

You have got to have done the worst amount of research possible, to come to the conclusions that you did. Everything you believed to be implied are in fact your assumptions, and incorrect ones at that, that led to your mistake. You can "scrutinize" all the details you want, but at some point you have to use some common sense, and you simply didn't do that.

PS+ service started well before the Vita was even released, so one shouldn't expect PS+ to support that platform right away, I think it is commendable that Sony is going to support the service on a device that is less than a year old and has a low userbase....

Message 37 of 40 (125 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Oct 13, 2012
Where did you do your research? Any thing you look at Plus related will show PS3 games. Anything you read should have been a dead giveaway that it was a PS3 service 6 months ago. That coupled with zero advertisments for Playstation Plus on the Vita. If you thought the service were on the Vita don't you think you would have seen a section labeled PS+ or at least an advertisment for it on the Vita store? Sorry, but this is all on your lack of research on Plus. I doubt you'll be dissapointed once it starts up on the Vita though.
Message 38 of 40 (120 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 13, 2012

pipeline100 wrote:

show me the detail description 6 months ago. And as I said isn't it called "Playstation Plus". They had PSP releases 6 months ago as well. So what you are saying is because they only gave PS3 freebies now then it is only a PS3 exclusive. Then explain again why release PSP games on  plus as well. No the intent is to have all formats on the plus network. They dropped the ball by not saying Vita was not supported yet but will be in the future.

The games in PS+ that could run on a PSP also were compatible with the PS3, they were PSone Classics and PSminis. There were never any PSP only releases on PS+.

What you believe to be "intents" are your own assumptions, and that has resulted in your cloudy judgement...

Message 39 of 40 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
435 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Message 40 of 40 (90 Views)