Oct 02 2013
By: LightTriforce Wastelander 613 posts
Accepted Solution

Playstation Plus game expiration date confusion

6 replies 1200 views Edited Oct 2, 2013

I just downloaded Gravity Rush, Rayman Origins and WipEout 2048 for free since I am already subscribed to PS Plus, but when I took a look they all say they expire on the 27th of October. So I am a little confused, do I need to get another PS Plus card soon?

#PSASBR2

Message 1 of 7 (1,200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1612 posts

Re: Playstation Plus game expiration date confusion

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

On the 27th or 28th your subscription will automatically renew, happened to me unexpectedly last month so you do not have to buy a new card.

Message 2 of 7 (1,188 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Oct 2, 2013

LightTriforce wrote:

I just downloaded Gravity Rush, Rayman Origins and WipEout 2048 for free since I am already subscribed to PS Plus, but when I took a look they all say they expire on the 27th of October. So I am a little confused, do I need to get another PS Plus card soon?

If you have it set for automatic renewal they will not expire.

If you have not enabled automatic renewal you will have to get a new membership once it expires to play the games you have downloaded that are exclusive to PlayStation Plus.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 3 of 7 (1,181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1612 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

LightTriforce wrote:

If you have not enabled automatic renewal you will have to get a new membership once it expires to play the games you have downloaded that are exclusive to PlayStation Plus.

If you have your billing info on your account you're automatically charged at the end of your current subscription, onky way to stop it is to cancel your subscription before it expires. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,174 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Oct 2, 2013

eccool24 wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

LightTriforce wrote:

If you have your billing info on your account you're automatically charged at the end of your current subscription, onky way to stop it is to cancel your subscription before it expires. 

If I am not mistaken you can set it. 

Account Information > Transaction Management > Services List

FiveFourteen
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 5 of 7 (1,169 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1612 posts

Oct 2, 2013
I think if you know you will have the funds at the end of your subscription period I just say let it automatically renew. If not I guess you can set it not to renew. Thanx for pointing that out FiveFourteen.
Message 6 of 7 (1,163 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Oct 2, 2013

eccool24 wrote:
I think if you know you will have the funds at the end of your subscription period I just say let it automatically renew. If not I guess you can set it not to renew. Thanx for pointing that out FiveFourteen.

I agree, but you never know what could come up during that time span. 

I myself do not auto renew it. When it expires I wait for a game that I want that is given for free or gives a great discount. Even though I would get tons of games for free that I may not already have I most likely won't even play them. They will just end up sitting in my downloads list.

Glad I could help. Smiley Happy

FiveFourteen
Message 7 of 7 (1,160 Views)
0 Likes