Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 30 2012
By: Tim81DE Wastelander 845 posts

Playstation Plus for Vita: Free PSP games?

25 replies 2818 views Edited Oct 30, 2012

I know it's all about the new stuff, but just like when PS+ began for the PS3 and received PS1 titles, I would enjoy some PSP titles for my Vita. I know the library isn't as strong as it should be, but there are some great gems hidden beneath that I know I should have tried a long time ago.

Here's a list of PSP titles I'd enjoy with the PS+ program:

Adventures to Go - Already own a copy and played the heck out of it. Fun random dungeon grinding game with lovable characters and story.

Assassin's Creed: Bloodline - Never played it.

Corpse Party - Never played it but heard so many good things about it.

Crimson Gem Saga - Fun RPG

Daxter - Reminds me of the original Jak & Daxter.

DISSIDIA Final Fantasy - Final Fantasy fighting game.

Echochrome - Never bought this. Always played the PS Home version and loved it.

Fate/EXTRA - Never played it.

Final Fantasy Tactics - The game simply made me fall in love with it all over again.

Final Fantasy III: New release of the DS remake. Looks promising.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta - Would be a great selling point!

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - A free GTA would be amazing!

Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure - Never played it.

Harvest Moon: Boy and Girl - Always a great way to waste time.

Hexyz Force - One of the best RPGs on the PSP.

Killzone: Liberation - Promote the new VITA Killzone coming.

Loco Roco 2 - Just a personal favorite!

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - Huge RPG

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 - The problem with releasing an old shooter is just that; it's old. Though I think this would be a great selection.

Medieveil Resurrection - Should just be.

Metal Slug Anthology - Classic series. Love it!

Parappa the Rapper - Get us ramped up for PS All-Star's Battle Royal.

Patapon 1,2, or 3- Really, any of them would work. All great installments.

Patchwork Heroes - This weird strategy game found it's way to me heart and had me destroying airships for days!

Pixeljunk Monsters - The best tower defense game on the PSP/PS Vita/PS3.

Secret Agent Clank - Some Ratchet and Clank goodness.

Socom Fireteam Bravo 3 - AND BRING IT BACK ONLINE!

Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together - Like FF Tactics, a great remake of a PS1 release.

Tomb Raider: Legend - Promote the new Tomb Raider.

Wild Arms XF - Another great RPG.

Worms: Battle Island - It's Worms!

Y's Seven: Specifically made for a handheld, so it should be good.

3rd Birthday, The - Parasite Eve faithful will love the addition. Even if it was somewhat of a disappointment.

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total :smileyhappy:
Message 1 of 26 (2,818 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7022 posts

Re: Playstation Plus for Vita: Free PSP games?

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

i don't mean to be rude but i dont want to play old games on my vita, i want ps plus to focus only on vita games, im a ps plus subscriber and i have never downloaded a ps one game or a mini just ps3 games. i want big name games to be part of the vita instant game collection.

Message 2 of 26 (2,796 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Oct 30, 2012

I understand that, but they always throw something in on the side. I remember when Where Is My Heart? was released with PS+. I didn't notice it as first, but when I put it on my VITA, my goodness was I addicted. So I'm not saying mainly focus on older titles, but release 1 or 2 a month for those that want the option.

(I don't understand why they've stopped offering PS1 titles, but it's still the best service!)

Message 3 of 26 (2,780 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2510 posts

Oct 30, 2012

remanutd5 wrote:

i don't mean to be rude but i dont want to play old games on my vita, i want ps plus to focus only on vita games ( i know it wont happen) but thats what i want, im a ps plus subscriber and i have never downloaded a ps one game or a mini just ps3 games. i want big name games to be part of the vita instant game collection.

The thing is, until there are enough big names to offer monthly, PSP with its already solid established library is a great option. As it stands now, including today releases there at most 15 "big names". Obviously, you aren't going to be offered newly released games, I don't imagine Sony could offer anything free outside of the launch lineup and that cuts what you could get from PS+ by a lot~.

Message 4 of 26 (2,776 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11166 posts

Oct 30, 2012

I'd enjoy seeing some discounts or freebies on all PS 1, PSP and Vita games. I know a lot of people bought the Vita for new games, such as myself. But there are still some classics I didn't get a chance to play or would like to play on my Vita during the "down time" between new Vita games I'm interested in.

I'd like to see Rayman Origins be a VIta + freebie :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 26 (2,775 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7022 posts

Oct 30, 2012

they could offer Uncharted, Rayman, ModNation and Resistance the first month then add Gravity in december, Unit 13 in january, Wipeout 2048 february and so on plus discounts, free DLC, Killzone Mercenary beta, Tearaway demo and more. 

Message 6 of 26 (2,770 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Oct 30, 2012

remanutd5 wrote:

they could offer Uncharted, Rayman, ModNation and Resistance the first month then add Gravity in december, Unit 13 in january, Wipeout 2048 february and so on plus discounts, free DLC, Killzone Mercenary beta, Tearaway demo and more. 

I know they did it with the PS3, but that is a lot of AAA titles for free in the coming months. I could see Uncharted or Gravity Rush, but not both and within a matter of months.

Message 7 of 26 (2,749 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2510 posts

Oct 30, 2012
Gravity Rush is too new to be available for free, Uncharted has a better chance since it was a launch title (even if it's more expensive than any other title so far)~.
Message 8 of 26 (2,744 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Oct 30, 2012

If I had to guess at the "free" titles, it'd be in the following order:

Mortal Kombat - The game has had a lot of markdowns in various stores. It's a great game, but expendable.

LEGO Harry Potter - The games was $8 at one point. I've never played it, but I assume the LEGO factor could be a selling point.

Modnation Racers - It was a "big" hit for the PS3 and the name may bring in newer users.

Wipeout 2048 - With Liverpool shutdown, we may see a push to support the online witha  free release.

Hotshots Golf - I really feel this would be the longest shot on this list because it may be the most popular among them.

You may not like it, but I could see these titles before Gravity Rush and Uncharted.

Message 9 of 26 (2,738 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Oct 30, 2012

remanutd5 wrote:

i don't mean to be rude but i dont want to play old games on my vita, i want ps plus to focus only on vita games ( i know it wont happen) but thats what i want, im a ps plus subscriber and i have never downloaded a ps one game or a mini just ps3 games. i want big name games to be part of the vita instant game collection.

Hate to burst your bubble, but there aren't really that many vita games yet xD So they can't be releasing too many games atm as free that are only on vita.

I love that list above and I hope that we get many awesome PSP games like Parappa, the 3rd Birthday, Locoroco, etc.

Try being open minded there are great ps1 and psp games out there :smileyhappy:

Message 10 of 26 (2,709 Views)
0 Likes