Highlighted
Aug 01 2012
By: Maxmao27 First Son 1 posts

Playstation Plus carry over.

10 replies 768 views Edited Aug 1, 2012

I was thinking about buying another 3 month Playstation Plus card then buying on the PSN the 2 yr Playstation Plus. What I would like to know is if I do that will I have 2years and 3 months OR just 2 yrs of Plus?

Message 1 of 11 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34942 posts

Re: Playstation Plus carry over.

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

Maxmao27 wrote:

I was thinking about buying another 3 month Playstation Plus card then buying on the PSN the 2 yr Playstation Plus. What I would like to know is if I do that will I have 2years and 3 months OR just 2 yrs of Plus?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

You would have 2 years & 3 months, PS Plus subscriptions "stack" so to speak.

Message 2 of 11 (767 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5472 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Yes they do stack, but is there a reason you want to get 2.25 years at once?  There have been sales on PS+ subscriptions and renewal offers, which as far as I'm aware, there aren't any right now.  So you'd be better off only renewing when you need to or waiting for some kind of deal on it.

Message 3 of 11 (757 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Why do the reps on the phone for PSN tell me the opposite of what I read?  They told me that I would lose the time left on the original subscription if I purchase a new one.  With zero warning about when our memberships expire, it seems as if the people at PSN are purposefully trying to make their customers miserable.  They also tell me that they are absolutely correct regardless of what I find on the ps website.  Someone has to be wrong.  Anyone have personal experience with this?

Message 4 of 11 (741 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Aug 3, 2012

First, I agree with Jerm - if your subscription is still current, hold out for a while longer.  Last Nov Sony offered Jurassic Park for free to keep (i.e. yours even if you let your PS+ subscription expire) with a subscription.  This was valid for current PS+ subscribers (i.e. renew or extend your subscription) as well as new to PS+ subscribers.

Second, I'm sure the rep was trying to tell you that this board was far from official.  With that said, the person you spoke with was 100% wrong.  If you have n months left on your PS+ subscription, and you purchase another year, you will have 12 months + n months.  I can confirm this with the purchase from last Nov.

Message 5 of 11 (737 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Thanks, jcalvert.  I will feel less stress if I choose to invest in a 3 month subscription.  Do you have any links you might share about where I can find this info on the playstation website?

Message 6 of 11 (719 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Aug 4, 2012

Not sure if there is anything newer or more official.  This was the Jurassic Park offer that I mentioned.

"If you’re already a Plus subscriber, you’re not left out. You too can purchase a one-year subscription to Plus which will stack upon your existing subscription." 

This was true last Nov and I have seen nothing that would contradict that stacking is no longer an option.

Message 7 of 11 (712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Aug 8, 2012

I just purchased a three month subscription to plus in order to see if I would be able to access free content after a lapse in membership (I can access all content).  I needed to know this before I spent money on a full year.  Now that I have my answer, I will try to extend my service within the next couple weeks.

Message 8 of 11 (667 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Aug 8, 2012

That's one way to get an answer!  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 11 (660 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 11, 2012