Apr 03 2013
By: uptownsoul Hekseville Citizen 263 posts

Playstation Plus & expired games

5 replies 1107 views Edited Apr 3, 2013
Does anybody have first hand knowledge about if an IGC game has an expiration date that is sooner than their PS+ expiration, what happens to the game? Does it auto update to show your new PS+ expiration date? Does the game show the same expiration day but allow you to play? Or does it delete the game? (I.E. my ps+ expires 9/14/14, darksiders ends for me June '13)
Message 1 of 6 (1,107 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
654 posts

Re: Playstation Plus & expired games

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

The expiration date for all free PS+ content, is always the same as the expiration date for your PS+ subscription.  When you renew your subscription, it auto-updates the free content expiration date.

*Edit*  Have you run Darksiders since you last added time to your PS+ subscription?  In the past, I had to run each title individually to re-sync with my PS+ subscription, but the last time I added time it resynced all of my content automatically, without needing to run them.

Message 2 of 6 (1,060 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Well I just started just cause 2 that I got like a year ago(before I renewed). It still shows June '13 expiration date
Message 3 of 6 (898 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5700 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Content does not expire when redeemed. If you download a free game it will appear on your download list and even a year later when you renew your Plus subscription you will be able to play it again. The conditions are you need to have it as a download otherwise the deal is gone and you have a current Plus subscription.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 4 of 6 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Apr 3, 2013
I know it's on the download list in the ps store. But if I downloaded it will it be deleted or the expiration date updates or what?
Message 5 of 6 (519 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Apr 3, 2013

No.

It will still work as long as you're a PS+ user.

Also note that even if you let your subscription end, the content just becomes expired and unusable. It can't just delete itself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 6 (453 Views)
0 Likes