Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 03 2013
By: uptownsoul Lombax Warrior 254 posts

Playstation Plus & expired games

5 replies 970 views Edited Apr 3, 2013
Does anybody have first hand knowledge about if an IGC game has an expiration date that is sooner than their PS+ expiration, what happens to the game? Does it auto update to show your new PS+ expiration date? Does the game show the same expiration day but allow you to play? Or does it delete the game? (I.E. my ps+ expires 9/14/14, darksiders ends for me June '13)
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (970 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Re: Playstation Plus & expired games

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

The expiration date for all free PS+ content, is always the same as the expiration date for your PS+ subscription.  When you renew your subscription, it auto-updates the free content expiration date.

*Edit*  Have you run Darksiders since you last added time to your PS+ subscription?  In the past, I had to run each title individually to re-sync with my PS+ subscription, but the last time I added time it resynced all of my content automatically, without needing to run them.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Well I just started just cause 2 that I got like a year ago(before I renewed). It still shows June '13 expiration date
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (761 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5697 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Content does not expire when redeemed. If you download a free game it will appear on your download list and even a year later when you renew your Plus subscription you will be able to play it again. The conditions are you need to have it as a download otherwise the deal is gone and you have a current Plus subscription.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (574 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Apr 3, 2013
I know it's on the download list in the ps store. But if I downloaded it will it be deleted or the expiration date updates or what?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (382 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11611 posts

Apr 3, 2013

No.

It will still work as long as you're a PS+ user.

Also note that even if you let your subscription end, the content just becomes expired and unusable. It can't just delete itself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (316 Views)
0 Likes