Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Re: Playstation Plus- Your thoughts? (Who bought it?)

Jun 29, 2010

It takes affect next month. (Qore that is.)

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 147 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Its al lstill luck, in this economy even the best business plan can fail, and the only way yo get a job is to put out resume's, unless you know someone that can get you an in otherwise what are you gonna do? go loiter in some companies lounge hoping that they decide to hire you? come on.

I happy it work out for you, but it may not have no matter how good your plan was, it always boils down to luck, either you make it or you dont most of it is ultimatly out of your controll.

BTW, how the heck do you quote things? I cant find a "Quote" button anywhere in these forums

Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 147 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Jun 29, 2010

C_Haney wrote:

What no cross gamer chat, No improvement to game servers like EA's Battlefield 1943, which has been playable for over 6 months now. No extra options like being able to play other videos after the one you are watching is done (AKA) Play All in windows media center.

Playstation PLUS looks nothing more then a glorified coupon sure you get some free games, But I would rather get free PS/one games for the month rather then the exclusives.  Just my opinion but no thanks. Microsoft gold membership has this beat hands down. Come on Sony you can do better.

They never said there was going to be CGC, it would be nice but they said they are looking into it. Yes the EA's Battlefield 1943 has been playable for over 6 months now and isn't that a good thing? Yes there is a feature to play all your videos in succession its under Video Settings and its called Sequential Playback that was available before PSN +PLUS or the 3.40 update. As you are clearly a fan of the other console. Did you just come and make a PSN account just to state some BS, I say come on C_Haney for being a troll! Just my opinion but no thanks to C_Haney!

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 147 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Get a better job??  You are out of touch sir.  I got laid off and it took me almost a year to find another job.  That's with a 4 year degree from a reputable school.  Telling someone to "get a better job and how you travel 70% of the year" is assinine.  The guys trying to provide for his family and pay for a wedding and you come off like this?? God, I would love to have run into you after a nite of drinking at the bar...total jerkoff.  I would have knocked you out bro...get a life.  And get a better job while your at it...your wife prolly wants you gone 100% of the time so she can spend more time with the "mailman"....

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 147 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Jun 29, 2010

villdoc wrote:

KayoticKiller wrote:

I was looking forward to playstation plus, as it was my understanding that we would all be getting a 3 month trail of the service and then have the option to subscribe. However, after installing the lastest update, I found out otherwise. Boy do I feel a bit duped by Sonys E3 press conference. What a complete disappointment. I am an owner of the other system that has an online subscription based service and i paid for that and it hardly ever gets used. So I am naturally leary about paying for another one. I was really wanting to test out playstation plus first to see if it would be worth the investment.

As far as the comment about finding a better job, it's not that simple. I lost my job last august and was able to find another job about a month or so later (thankfully), but at a 50% paycut. And with a wife, 3 boys, a house and other bills to pay, it's kind of hard (as the other poster stated) to justify the expense. Maybe the 3 month option is worth a test?!?

NO ONE got "DUPED" They were VERY CLEAR that IF YOU "BOUGHT" a YEAR you would get 3 months FREE,
NO TRIALS

Thank you villdoc, all I hear is crying! Did Sony say you have to pay for it like the other console noooooooooo, you can still play for free and not have to pay. You have the opinion to pay like myself and others so if you don't want to pay then don't. As for you KayoticKiller you sound like the other guy C-Haney talking about the other console, if its that great why aren't you playing it now, why are you trolling on the PS forums...hmmm.As  villdoc stated NO ONE got "DUPED" my understand was the same as everyone else's you just didn't have your listening ears on! If you are going through so much in your life and you pay for something you hardly use (your words not mine) then maybe you need to stop playing video games and take care of your family. Just my thoughts.

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 147 (16 Views)
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Jun 29, 2010

ICEJACKEL wrote:

villdoc wrote:

KayoticKiller wrote:

I was looking forward to playstation plus, as it was my understanding that we would all be getting a 3 month trail of the service and then have the option to subscribe. However, after installing the lastest update, I found out otherwise. Boy do I feel a bit duped by Sonys E3 press conference. What a complete disappointment. I am an owner of the other system that has an online subscription based service and i paid for that and it hardly ever gets used. So I am naturally leary about paying for another one. I was really wanting to test out playstation plus first to see if it would be worth the investment.

As far as the comment about finding a better job, it's not that simple. I lost my job last august and was able to find another job about a month or so later (thankfully), but at a 50% paycut. And with a wife, 3 boys, a house and other bills to pay, it's kind of hard (as the other poster stated) to justify the expense. Maybe the 3 month option is worth a test?!?

NO ONE got "DUPED" They were VERY CLEAR that IF YOU "BOUGHT" a YEAR you would get 3 months FREE,
NO TRIALS

Thank you villdoc, all I hear is crying! Did Sony say you have to pay for it like the other console noooooooooo, you can still play for free and not have to pay. You have the opinion to pay like myself and others so if you don't want to pay then don't. As for you KayoticKiller you sound like the other guy C-Haney talking about the other console, if its that great why aren't you playing it now, why are you trolling on the PS forums...hmmm.As  villdoc stated NO ONE got "DUPED" my understand was the same as everyone else's you just didn't have your listening ears on! If you are going through so much in your life and you pay for something you hardly use (your words not mine) then maybe you need to stop playing video games and take care of your family. Just my thoughts.

All I hear is a douch**** yappin trying to justify a lousy purchase to himself with too much money to throw away.

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 147 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
736 posts

Jun 29, 2010

imo PLUS makes 50 bucks the most worthless money i could ever spend on ps3...good luck with that one subscribers

"...if your not living on the edge then your taking up space"
Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 147 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Jun 29, 2010

FARGONATIVE wrote:

Get a better job??  You are out of touch sir.  I got laid off and it took me almost a year to find another job.  That's with a 4 year degree from a reputable school.  Telling someone to "get a better job and how you travel 70% of the year" is assinine.  The guys trying to provide for his family and pay for a wedding and you come off like this?? God, I would love to have run into you after a nite of drinking at the bar...total jerkoff.  I would have knocked you out bro...get a life.  And get a better job while your at it...your wife prolly wants you gone 100% of the time so she can spend more time with the "mailman"....

If it took you almost a year to find a job, even a McDonalds job until you got a better job, then there are bigger problems at hand. The only ones I see that have a hard time getting a job are usually those that limit themselves and what they can or want to do. They cry they won't work a crappy job for even a short bit to make some extra cash, but then they cry because they have no job. Explain how that works. But I digress.

Whatever the case, I have already seen on numerous websites how PSN Plus is a better deal than Xbox Live. Especially, since unlike Xbox Live, you aren't required to have it to play multiplayer games.

As for Cross Game chat, I believe it's a minority that want it. The PS Blog can't even scrounge up 1% of it's PSN base to support Cross Game chat.

But from what I have read, while it will be available for Playstation Plus members soon, as long as a Playstation Plus member is in the same chat, non-PS Plus users will also be able to use it. Again, Microsoft fans can't say that.

I see a lot of Xbox vile being spread out there with disinformation and downplaying. Likely to try and justify their $50 a year purchase.

And let's not forget, even though it will have a monthly fee, Hulu Plus will be available to PSN users over half a year before Xbox Live users.

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 147 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4080 posts

Jun 29, 2010

I plan on getting it next week it looks like its worth it I can't wait to be a member

Dopeboy_8732 Trophy Card

Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 147 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 29, 2010

I got it last night, when I noticed it was out with the update... I picked up Wipeout, and the other free stuff...  Waiting on the PSN update tonight to see if more will be added for +...

Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 147 (16 Views)
0 Likes