I Only Post Everything
1244 posts

Re: Playstation Plus Voucher: where is it?

Dec 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

So the boys found the UC3 PS3 bundle under the tree ... and there was much rejoicing.  The system has a PS+ voucher in the box.  It is with the instruction manual, although not in the same plastic wrap.  It is just a cardboard'ish folder post card type voucher.  Was not hidden away in a jewel case or anything like that.

Not that I think it should matter, but I did have the system on preorder from Amazon.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 43 (478 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 27, 2011

Wow do you think sony may have an issue. Uncharted 3 bundle 320gb no playstation plus 30 day free trial included. Quality issue or theft from the sealed box. Seems strange try explaining it to a 11yr old home for xmas holidays. . Called sony aprox. 10 business day turn time for a card. Fax or mail reciept insane in these days of email. Should be email receipt, receive code problem solved. The customer takes it up the *** for sony's error.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 43 (478 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1244 posts

Dec 27, 2011

Sorry to hear about your problem.  I wonder if there is some sort of pattern - retailer, lot, etc.  Looking at my packaging right now under the tree (what else to do as the Falcons are getting ripped by the Saints), I have a 'standard' 320GB PS3, with a UC3 sleeve over the main box.  I'm not sure how these were packed, but I believe the game and PS+ voucher code had to be put in at assembly, and not a the individual stores.

I think it stinks that Sony could not give you some sort of code on the phone vs. waiting for one in the mail, but at least they are trying to make things right.

PS:  Welcome to the forum!

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 43 (478 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 28, 2011

I emailed sony hopefully I receive a better response then this fax,mail BS at my expense. We will see. Forums are a wonderfull place for posting and reading info.Seems I am not alone with this issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 43 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Dec 29, 2011

I just got my Uncharted 3 PS3 320 GB bundle in the mail, I didn't come across any PS+ voucher as well. So what's happems now contact Playstation via phone or email? This seems to pretty common error by PS.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 43 (478 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 30, 2011

yep same here no voucher

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 43 (478 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1244 posts

Dec 30, 2011

That stinks.  Where did you get your system?  (same question to others that didn't get the voucher)

Mine was from Amazon - as mentioned above - no issues for me as the voucher was included.

I wonder if there is a pattern based on region, retailer, etc?

BTW - Going a little OT.  The local Target had several of these bundles, which begs the question.  Why get the regular 320GB system, which was side-by-side with the UC3 bundle, when you can get the bundle with the extra game for the same price?  Even if you don't want the game, you can always flip it on eBay ...

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 43 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Dec 30, 2011

I got mine through Future Shop which was shipped out of Burnaby, British Columbia. Mine had the normal 320 GB box with a Uncharted 3 bundle box sleeve. I thought that was kind of strange. Were the sleeves added to in case a shortage of official Uncharted 3 bundles? The box inside the sleeve was the same as the 320 GB PS3 without bundle. I also notice the tape seal didn't look official. Maybe the PS3s were packaged before they started including a free month of PS+.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 43 (478 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1244 posts

Dec 30, 2011

Yep - Mine was in the same type of sleeve (mention above - day 1 pre order via Amazon).  I noticed that the ones at Target were also setup this way.  May guess is that this was cheaper than making brand new boxes, and they decided to fill a certain allotment of systems in this manner.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 43 (478 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 31, 2011

I also purchased from futureshop but in mississauga ontario. I also read on another forum a customer reporting the same issue but from a sears mississauga purchase. The only trend so far is Canadian purchases.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 43 (478 Views)
0 Likes