Jul 16 2012
By: SirSpirituous First Son 21 posts

Playstation Plus Problems & Suggestions

7 replies 685 views Edited Jul 16, 2012

I've been a Playsation Plus subscriber since the beginning, and have generally found the service to be well worth the $50.00 a year asking price. However there are a few things that really bug me about the service, and I wish you guys at Sony would address these issues below:

1. Currently there is no way to download any content you might have missed. The reason I say this is because if you don't download the "free games" that month, or whatever package deal you where offering at the time, it's then gone forever. Even though our subscription is still goin on.

I find this utterly ridiculous as a paying customer. Not everyone can download titles every month, as people do have work, vacations, and other responsibilities.  I myself have been screwed out of Golden Axe and Castle Crashers from last year, due to not being able to download content that month due to hurricane Irene.  I called Support, and they basically told me it was to long ago and they couldn't do anything at all and tough break. 

This is like having a subscription to Netflix, and Netflix removing all access to last months movies or shows you've watched. I don't think anyone would remain subscribed to a service that constantly removed content your paying for. So here is what I propose: As long as you are a playstation plus subscriber, you should have access to ALL the content that your paying for.

That includes ALL the free games and discounts that are promised to us, the paying customers. Not this current "If you miss it, your out of luck" monkey business that's going on. 

2. There is no central location to manage what games use the cloud storage ability on PS+. For example, say I'm renting a recent game and I select for it to upload to the cloud storage, Once I return this rental, there is NO WAY to now turn off it automatically uploading to the cloud without putting the Blu-Ray back into the PS3 and turning it off via Triangle button on the Blu-Ray itself.

There needs to be a central folder named PS+ where you can manage ALL your games, and whether or not to upload to the cloud. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 8 (685 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6916 posts

Re: Playstation Plus Problems & Suggestions

Jul 16, 2012
Castle Crashers was never free; I don't want PS+ to auto-purchase things Smiley Tongue.  Also, Netflix does remove content.  Not often but it has happened to me.  I think they should use the auto-update "pushed content" feature to push anything free with PS+.  You can always opt out of it, so it shouldn't be a problem.  The main issue would be HDD space, but in that case it could just automatically add it to the download list, allowing you to download later.
Cloud saving has several issues, including this, but I think most importantly it's way too small.
Message 2 of 8 (677 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 23, 2012
Seemingly no way to know when your subscription is up or even a reminder email when it's close to expire. I didn't realize it'd been a year and my bank account was nearly empty. Needless to say, because of this, my account is quite red now. I appreciate all Plus gives me but not getting a reminder is unacceptable. I'd email Sony about but, as upset as I am, it is technically my fault. I'll need to make a note for myself now.
Message 3 of 8 (640 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
39470 posts

Jul 23, 2012

SirSpirituous wrote:

I've been a Playsation Plus subscriber since the beginning, and have generally found the service to be well worth the $50.00 a year asking price. However there are a few things that really bug me about the service, and I wish you guys at Sony would address these issues below:

Unfortunately Sony employees neIther read nor repsond to comments of questions posted on these Forums so you'll have to put up with comments from the likes of me, jbp & jERM!

1. Currently there is no way to download any content you might have missed. The reason I say this is because if you don't download the "free games" that month, or whatever package deal you where offering at the time, it's then gone forever. Even though our subscription is still goin on.

I really don't see this as an issue, the release of new games, DLC, Avatars etc are posted well in advance of them appearing on the PlayStation Store, it is up to us to keep an eye on the PS Blog, Twitter, Facebook & these Forums, as for missing out, it is also posted when certain games, DLC etc is to be taken down, not only on this website & the PS Blog but actually in the PS Store, so you, i, we only have ourselves to blame if we miss out, we should take the first opportunity to download anything we want as soon as possible.

I find this utterly ridiculous as a paying customer. Not everyone can download titles every month, as people do have work, vacations, and other responsibilities.  I myself have been screwed out of Golden Axe and Castle Crashers from last year, due to not being able to download content that month due to hurricane Irene.  I called Support, and they basically told me it was to long ago and they couldn't do anything at all and tough break. 

This is related to the above comment & answer, sorry but to be honest I'm not surprised Customer Support answered you as they did.

This is like having a subscription to Netflix, and Netflix removing all access to last months movies or shows you've watched. I don't think anyone would remain subscribed to a service that constantly removed content your paying for. So here is what I propose: As long as you are a playstation plus subscriber, you should have access to ALL the content that your paying for.

That includes ALL the free games and discounts that are promised to us, the paying customers. Not this current "If you miss it, your out of luck" monkey business that's going on. 

I like you have been a PS Plus Subscriber since day one, I am also a Netflix subscriber, Netlfix does as JERM has already indicated remove movies & TV shows from their service, in the same way Sony removes games & DLC from the PlayStation Store, & not only the Plus section of the store, again your main complaint appears to be that you are not always there to download the offers, that's life, sorry.

2. There is no central location to manage what games use the cloud storage ability on PS+. For example, say I'm renting a recent game and I select for it to upload to the cloud storage, Once I return this rental, there is NO WAY to now turn off it automatically uploading to the cloud without putting the Blu-Ray back into the PS3 and turning it off via Triangle button on the Blu-Ray itself.

There needs to be a central folder named PS+ where you can manage ALL your games, and whether or not to upload to the cloud. 

I may be wrong but I was under the impression you could delete any cloud saves at any time, without the need for te disc!

Thanks

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 8 (637 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 17, 2013

Thats your fault for not keeping track of your finances you sir are a fool.

Message 5 of 8 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2013

naterkix wrote:
Seemingly no way to know when your subscription is up or even a reminder email when it's close to expire. I didn't realize it'd been a year and my bank account was nearly empty. Needless to say, because of this, my account is quite red now. I appreciate all Plus gives me but not getting a reminder is unacceptable. I'd email Sony about but, as upset as I am, it is technically my fault. I'll need to make a note for myself now.

I agree. They should send a PSN message telling us we have one month left until our subscription expires. The same as when we spend $50 and we get a message telling us about our free $10 they're giving us back. If they can do that then they can send a PS Plus subscription notice. Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 8 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Oct 17, 2013

x8x-HYDRO-x8x wrote:

naterkix wrote:

I agree. They should send a PSN message telling us we have one month left until our subscription expires. The same as when we spend $50 and we get a message telling us about our free $10 they're giving us back. If they can do that then they can send a PS Plus subscription notice. Smiley Mad

Necrobump by the above poster, but you do receive a message before your subscription is about to expire.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 7 of 8 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2013
Netflix removed South Park. Those ba5tards!
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 8 (248 Views)
0 Likes