Uncharted Territory
1505 posts

Re: Playstation Plus PSP?

Jul 28, 2010

If Sony offered good discounts on PSP titles, I would consider paying for Plus. Has there been no word on that? I saw a Plus mark on the PSP Store for an item that was discounted, but I cannot recall which item it was.

Message 11 of 17 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Jul 28, 2010

SprSynJn wrote:

If Sony offered good discounts on PSP titles, I would consider paying for Plus. Has there been no word on that? I saw a Plus mark on the PSP Store for an item that was discounted, but I cannot recall which item it was.

A lot of titles are discounted or free if you have PS+, but it's quite bare on the PSP front.

Bawk at my brilliant PSPgo
Message 12 of 17 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 8, 2010

So... unless I have a PS3 I can't get playstation plus and all the benefits? Even though I have spent hundreds of dollars on games and media? including an inflated pspgo console price? The funny thing is... I'm willing to give Sony $50 to join PS+ and I guess they dont want my money unless I spent $400 on a PS3. Does that make any sence to anyone?

Sony and their proprietary interfaces kill me. I've purposely avoided other sony electronics just because they do that. Apple as well. I think it actually hurts their business instead of cornering it.

One more reason XBox is far superior.

Message 13 of 17 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Sep 8, 2010

If you can get access to a PS3 somehow, you could sign in with your PSN account and purchase Plus.  That's all that's necessary to get it started, and then you would use Media Go to get the games.  Each month you would get 2 Minis and a PSOne game.  Would that be worth it?

BTW, where is the PS3 still selling for $400?

Message 14 of 17 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Sep 8, 2010

Playstation Plus is still confusing to me.  If you can only get it on the PS3, why are they offering early access to the God of War: Ghost of Sparta demo to Plus members?  There's plenty of PSP owners who would want that demo, but they can't get it unless they also own a PS3 and are Plus members. 

I understand that Plus members can get free PSP minis and PS1 classics because they also work on the PS3, but why should a PS3 exclusive program like Playstation Plus get exclusive PSP content that they can't even use on the PS3?  They should have just released that demo to everyone so the PSP owners could get it.

I have both systems BTW, but I haven't seen the value in Playstation Plus yet for me. 

Message 15 of 17 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 24, 2013
ive been wondering the same thing because i have a psp with a ton load of full games that ive paid for but im tired of buying if PS+ comes to psp ill have free Minis PS1 classics ps3 games and free psp games so i hope sony Brings PS+ to psp
Message 16 of 17 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 24, 2013
but you can get the 3 welcome back games on ps3 and copy them to the psp so say you get 3 free psp games just copy it to the psp with a usb cable and if its the same account as the psp keep the usb cable in while signed into psn on your psp along with being signed into the ps3
Message 17 of 17 (126 Views)
0 Likes