Jan 02 2012
By: runnerXC15 First Son 2 posts

Playstation Plus Cloud Storage

4 replies 1210 views Edited Jan 2, 2012

So, I borrowed a friends 60gb ps3 to play ps2 games, along the way i played Red Dead Redemption,I was logged on my own account on his ps3. Before i gave it back i synced my trophies to the account, runnerXC15, and also copied the save to the usb. I got my ps3, log onto runnerXC15, and copied the save from the usb to my ps3. I go to play the game to get more trophies but it says, Error this is from another user you cant use this. I read around and come to think it is copy protected. I am not trying to steal trophies from another account. My question is, Is there any possible way I can make this save usable on my ps3? If i need, and it will work, I will buy a Playstation Plus subscription to move this save. Does anyone know if that will work or what i can do?

Message 1 of 5 (1,210 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Re: Playstation Plus Cloud Storage

Jan 7, 2012

Did you have any luck resolving the problem?  I don't have RDR so I cannot check to see, but in my experience, if a game has copy protected saves, I cannot copy to my USB HDD.  If you were able to copy to some device then RDR saves shouldn't be copy protected.

If you are getting a message about a different user - not to ask a dumb question - are you 100% sure you copied the right save file, or that you played under your PSN account?  I have never tried to copy a save file from one user to another (PSN or PS3 users) so not sure what will happen.  I'm sure someone that sees this bump may have some ideas.

Message 2 of 5 (1,210 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
576 posts

Jan 7, 2012

I just transferred my game saves recently and RDR isn't protected. The ones that are protected only give you the PS+ cloud option when you go to copy it. You may need to just try and copy it again. Are you using the same copy of RDR as you were originally? The GOTY edition might not be compatible with the original disc or digital.

Message 3 of 5 (1,210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 28, 2013

4.45 shut my ps3 down and finally yesterday i was able to update the new firmware and now its saying that my saved games in the cloud are locked? anyboby else?

Message 4 of 5 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15306 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Yes, it works. If you have a PS plus, you can easily copy and game save to it and then re-copy it back to your HDD.  

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 5 of 5 (577 Views)
0 Likes