Fender Bender
3834 posts

Re: Playstation Plus Auto-update question

Jul 6, 2010

jpbslayer wrote:

personaly when i rent a game, upon returning i delete all files related to it -

and the official word is the last ten games you played get updates - the guy who said it did mag - which he hasnt played in months, how many games do you have?, that can be the diffrence

i've got around 26-27 games, but i'm not sure if i've played over 10 of them since i had last played MAG, so i'm not sure about that. btw, this is the first i've heard of the 10 game thing. you say its the offficial word, and i believe you, but could you let me know where you saw that at. only asking cause i'm still figuring out everything that psn+ can do. i know the basics, but theres always the hidden stuff like this that we learn from each other.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Jul 6, 2010

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:
Yes to both questions Mr. Quu. Some people will get updates some won't. It depends on the last 10 games you have been playing. I hear Wipeout HD and MAG get updates.

Thanks!  That would explain why I haven't gotten any updates.  Most of my games are current.  I think it's a great thing btw since I don't rent games.  It might be annoying if I did though, I think we just have too deep our game data clean and up to date.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 8, 2010

for me, ive had to wait through EVERY game ive put in lately... even lbp.. (the last game i played)

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Aug 22, 2010

I find this terribly disappointing.  Auto-update is one of the main reasons I bought PSN+.

But I've had it running for quite some time now, and it's never downloaded anything.  Meanwhile, I go to play PJ Monsters and have to sit back and wait for it to patch.

I understand why recently played games deserve priority during patch downloading, but PLEASE Sony make it so that I can at least set an option to download patches for everything on my system.   I don't want to go back to a game I haven't played for awhile and wait for a patch -- that's why auto-update was so appealing to me, and that's the reason I broke down and paid you $50.

This is true for both PSN games and Bluray games... there are some games I only play every couple months or so (Buzz, for example, or even Burnout) and I don't want to come back to my favs to wait, wait, wait... when nothing at all was being downloaded by auto-update for the past month.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (232 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 14, 2013

killter wrote:

I find this terribly disappointing.  Auto-update is one of the main reasons I bought PSN+.

But I've had it running for quite some time now, and it's never downloaded anything.  Meanwhile, I go to play PJ Monsters and have to sit back and wait for it to patch.

I understand why recently played games deserve priority during patch downloading, but PLEASE Sony make it so that I can at least set an option to download patches for everything on my system.   I don't want to go back to a game I haven't played for awhile and wait for a patch -- that's why auto-update was so appealing to me, and that's the reason I broke down and paid you $50.

This is true for both PSN games and Bluray games... there are some games I only play every couple months or so (Buzz, for example, or even Burnout) and I don't want to come back to my favs to wait, wait, wait... when nothing at all was being downloaded by auto-update for the past month.

Agreed!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (203 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4510 posts

Jan 14, 2013

killter wrote:

Nice bump :smileywink:.  But I agree; there would be better ways of managing patches that would keep all games (or at least, many more) up to date.  One efficient way would be for them to simply keep track of when patches are added and for what games, and then update them if you own them.  Another way would be to still check only a few games at a time, but keep a rotating queue so that all games would be checked eventually.  There are plenty of ways it could be done, but I definitely think it would be a more useful feature if all games would get updated.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (198 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46830 posts

Jan 15, 2013

EvL_Gamer wrote:

Greetings,

I know I am probably not the first to ask this, and for that I appologize.  I am considering signing up for a PS+ account, but I want to know something about the automatic patching/update feature first.  

Does it automatically patch ANY game that I have played on my ps3 even if I have not played it in a couple months?  Or just the most recent handful of them?  Does anyone know the specifics?

Thanks.

Yes it does, it even patches betas automatically for you!

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 16, 2013

NO it doesn't patch everything, It also leaves parts of things in the GAME category that seem like patches but that it never installed. In addition to not updating plenty of games that I have.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 22, 2013

How to download patch : 

1. subscribe to playsation plus.

2. scroll to the game and press triangle  and say enable auto-download 

3. select time you want it to auto download 

4. turn off ps3, light must be red

5. turn ps3 back on 

6. it will tell you it is carrying out download

7. press O 

8. View download management t.

9. Cancel all download except the patch 

10. CONGRATZ ! your download will happen in the backround ,  no more

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (53 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7592 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Typically, older games stop getting patched after about a year or so, though I believe there's an exception when an old game gets a trophy patch, such as Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Metal Gear Solid 4 in the past year or so.

As for what games do get patched, I thought it was games you've played in the past 60 days...  but the most recent 10 games would also make sence.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (48 Views)
0 Likes