Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 05 2010
By: EvL_Gamer First Son 13 posts

Playstation Plus Auto-update question

19 replies 1070 views Edited Jul 5, 2010

Greetings,

I know I am probably not the first to ask this, and for that I appologize.  I am considering signing up for a PS+ account, but I want to know something about the automatic patching/update feature first.  

Does it automatically patch ANY game that I have played on my ps3 even if I have not played it in a couple months?  Or just the most recent handful of them?  Does anyone know the specifics?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (1,070 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Playstation Plus Auto-update question

Jul 5, 2010
They tell us the games you've recently played.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (1,070 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4108 posts

Jul 5, 2010

EvL_Gamer wrote:

Greetings,

I know I am probably not the first to ask this, and for that I appologize.  I am considering signing up for a PS+ account, but I want to know something about the automatic patching/update feature first.  

Does it automatically patch ANY game that I have played on my ps3 even if I have not played it in a couple months?  Or just the most recent handful of them?  Does anyone know the specifics?

Thanks.

yes it does. i havn't played my copy of MAG pretty much since the first week i bought it after it came out and after my first auto-update, i looked at what it did download and it dl'ed the free DLC packs they put out for it. so, yeah, it looks at what games you have saved on your "game save data" and it dl's anything thats free/available for all the games you have.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (1,070 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Jul 5, 2010

ctfw529 wrote:

EvL_Gamer wrote:

Greetings,

Thanks.

yes it does. i havn't played my copy of MAG pretty much since the first week i bought it after it came out and after my first auto-update, i looked at what it did download and it dl'ed the free DLC packs they put out for it. so, yeah, it looks at what games you have saved on your "game save data" and it dl's anything thats free/available for all the games you have.

And what happens if i had rented a game and completed it so i don't want any updates it could have, but
the automatic update feature finds that save data, will it download that update too?

PSN: joseph2411 - Twitter: @joseph2411 - Playfire: darkgamex2k
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (1,070 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jul 5, 2010

joseph2411 wrote:

And what happens if i had rented a game and completed it so i don't want any updates it could have, but

the automatic update feature finds that save data, will it download that update too?

Supposedly it only downloads updates for recently played games, so once you go a while without playing it the auto-download should stop looking for updates for it.

I guess to stop it from looking for sure you could delete all of the game data and your gamesave, assuming you aren't going to be playing the game ever again.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (1,070 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5015 posts

Jul 5, 2010

personaly when i rent a game, upon returning i delete all files related to it -

and the official word is the last ten games you played get updates - the guy who said it did mag - which he hasnt played in months, how many games do you have?, that can be the diffrence

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (1,070 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jul 5, 2010

I hear that it updates the last ten games played.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (1,070 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jul 6, 2010

so far doesn't seem to be working for me.

I've had to watching patching a couple of times now on recent games that I play all the time.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (1,070 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Jul 6, 2010

Don't you have to go into the system settings to turn this on?  Like you have to setup a time for it to do this?  Anyways, I did for mine but I've not noticed anything.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (1,070 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6416 posts

Jul 6, 2010
Yes to both questions Mr. Quu. Some people will get updates some won't. It depends on the last 10 games you have been playing. I hear Wipeout HD and MAG get updates.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (1,070 Views)
0 Likes