Feb 13 2014
By: Gamewiz_25 Lombax Warrior 223 posts

Playstation Now Adding Games Rate??

[ Edited ]
7 replies 297 views Edited Feb 13, 2014

Now I know they are just getting started on beta testing and all but with just a hand full of games available at launch, as far as pricing rumors go I'm guessing at $50 a year does it even sound worth it not to me it isn't. Now I'm not sure how fast the adding games rate is going to be probably not fast enough 4 people to want to pay 4 yet it I think. Good thing sony has a lot of exclusive games or sony owned to stream when ever they like to, there are so many they can put out there to stream.

So my question is do you think sony can keep up with the demand rate on adding games to their new service, to keep people paying 4 playstation now stupid name by the way should of been playstation library or archive something like.

Edit: Added break in body of text. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 8 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Re: Playstation Now Adding Games Rate??

Feb 13, 2014
It will have a lot of games at launch I'm sure.
Message 2 of 8 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12313 posts

Feb 13, 2014

I am concerned as well.

If they launch with 100 games, 5 genre's, 20 games each they may have a fighting chance.

The smart thing to do would be to bolster this number with a couple hundred PS2 games, there are around 2000 PS2 games to choose from.

If its going to be like the PS2 classics selection on the PS Store, then it will fail and people will constantly want for this game or that.

Also tieing to internet is risky, especially with Vita access.  I hope they can someday figure out how to let us load the games from the sevrice to a device for local play back, basically BC.  Then play PS3 games on the VITA on the go, that would be the true strength of PS Now, too bad thats not what it will do for the most part.

cheers.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 3 of 8 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12313 posts

What?

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2014

Stupid new forum not posting, then saying post flooding, make up your mind!!!

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 4 of 8 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Feb 13, 2014
If it has 100 titles or less I will be surprised.
Message 5 of 8 (266 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Feb 13, 2014
I hope is has at least 50 games, 10 of which I would be interested in. If it could be stored as Phillyblunz said that would nice also. Hopefully Crash and Spyro games are added soon after launch.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 6 of 8 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13508 posts

Feb 13, 2014

I honestly don't care how many games are available. As long as they give games that people will like with no issues whatsoever, then it will be good.

Message 7 of 8 (243 Views)
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16824 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2014

Nobody knows how/when/what/how often games will be added to the Playstation Now library.

Sony nor the beta testers know at this point.

If it has a small library... then wait.

If its bad because of a bad connection... then get better internet, or dont use Now at all. You're not obligated to have it.

I don't have a need to use Playstation Now, because I have all of my consoles that I've ever owned, as well as my favorite games.

I already know that this forum is going to see "OMG!!! WHY ISN"T THIS GAME IN PS NOW ALREADY!?!?!? COME ON SONY!!!!!!?!?!?"
Just know, that not everything is up to Sony to put games on such a library.

I don't expect all 3500games in the PS3 library, the 4000 or so on PS2, or the 2500 or so on PS1 to ever make it on PS Now... thats just unrealistic.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 8 (216 Views)
0 Likes