Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 21 2012
By: Taddict89 Splicer 65 posts
Accepted Solution

Playstation Network Update // Playstation Vita social applications.

49 replies 185 views Edited Feb 21, 2012

Hey everyone this is my first post so, if I do anything wrong sorry!. Anyway! does anyone know what time PSN updates I'm really looking forward to trying out the Twitter/Flickr/Foursquare/Facebook apps. Well, not so much Foursquare as I have a wifi only model Vita, and I'm not sure if it will work with Foursquare? Does anyone know? And also the Netflix app, which I also haven't heard much about, I know when it was announced Sony stated they were working hard to have it ready by launch has anyone heard anything about it since? I know the Playstation store doesn't really have a set time for updates, but a general idea would be nice anyway. Also the time zone here is Newfoundland standard time, NST=UTC-3:30, it's 5:23 PM right now as I'm writing this. Thanks, and hope you guys are all enjoying your Vitas, or will enjoy them if you haven't already picked one up. =]

Message 1 of 50 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Re: Playstation Network Update // Playstation Vita social applications.

Feb 21, 2012

the store is normally updated betweeb 5pm and 7pm est it can be later then that as Sony is sometimes slacking so you have 1-3 hours atleast

Message 2 of 50 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Feb 21, 2012

The apps coming today are Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Netflix, and Music Unlimited. No Foursquare, no Skype. Those will be coming later. "Soon," according to the blogcast.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 3 of 50 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Shadelon wrote:

The apps coming today are Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Netflix, and Music Unlimited. No Foursquare, no Skype. Those will be coming later. "Soon," according to the blogcast.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD

We have Foursquare available already in the EU. That's odd. Also, can't find Music Unlimited but I doubt I'll use that tbh.

People might wanna check for the AR games too, as they're available in the EU.

Message 4 of 50 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Wow thanks everyone for the quick, and surprisingly polite responses. Everyone on the IGN boards treat you like an idiot if you dare to ask a question. And I am excited for the AR games as well I don't know how I forgot to mention them, I was impressed with the 3DS AR games, but not so impressed with the strict conditions you needed for them to work properly. Thanks.

Message 5 of 50 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Which AR game do you think is the best of the 3? I just noticed your user name, and after looking for a new anime all day I've been considering checking out Elfin Lied, intriguing

Message 6 of 50 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Well, not to start saying anything about people on IGN, but IGN releases pretty critical reviews, which tends to attract the attention of very critical people.  These are the official SONY forums, so while they are trying to be like the people who review the games, here we tend to be more about the product and bringing SONY up. 

Message 7 of 50 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Feb 21, 2012

yeah im waiting to try out these AR games myself and see the apps and demos

wish sony would hurry up already lol

and IGN lol i never say anything on there, i think its more children then anything on those boards

Message 8 of 50 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Feb 21, 2012

And about the AR games, I don't know how many they are planning on making, but I am really intersted in seeing what they come up with.  The Diving one looks pretty interesting.  Could totally see myself playing that while taking a bath xD

Message 9 of 50 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Joe-xS wrote:

And about the AR games, I don't know how many they are planning on making, but I am really intersted in seeing what they come up with.  The Diving one looks pretty interesting.  Could totally see myself playing that while taking a bath xD

I wouldn't trust myself in the bath with a PS Vita. I'm too clumsy and I would definitely drop it in the water.

Message 10 of 50 (185 Views)
0 Likes