Nov 17, 2006
yuh its up now
Message 31 of 57 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Re: Playstation Network Registration

Nov 17, 2006
  "Where can I set up my PLAYSTATION®Network account?  

Where can I set up my PLAYSTATION®Network account?

Answer  

You may set up a master account or sub account on the PLAYSTATION®3 system or a personal computer, where available.  The process to set up an account varies depending on the type of account you want to create, and whether you set up the user account on the PLAYSTATION 3 system or a personal computer."

i love how they pretty much tell us you can but don't give us a link. lol.

Proud Canadian
PSN: btkadams

Message 32 of 57 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Nov 17, 2006
That's just a.....manual. When is the real thing happening? Oh, and CAN SOMEBODY SEND ME A GMAIL INVITE IN THE MEANTIME. Thanks.
Message 33 of 57 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Nov 17, 2006
it gets worse...

The process is slightly different in 2 main areas. 

The first distinction is that as part of the registration process on the personal computer, we will ask you to provide a valid email address for the account that you are creating.  In order for us to verify that the email is accurate and valid, we will send an email to that address. (The only exception to this rule is for children under 13.) If you are creating a sub account, then you will need access the email of the person whom you are creating a sub account for to complete the rest of the registration.  You should not permit that sub account holder to complete the registration without you.  No email verification is required if you perform the registration on the PLAYSTATION®3 system.

The second distinction is that registration on the personal computer for any type of a PLAYSTATION®Network account will require you to bind your newly created PLAYSTATION®Network account with a user account on your PLAYSTATION 3 system.  If you completed your registration on the PLAYSTATION 3 system, this process of binding your PLAYSTATION®Network account is automatically done for you since you selected the user account at the beginning of registration process. 

and

I set up my PLAYSTATION®Network account on a personal computer, but I have not accessed my account on a PLAYSTATION®3 system.  When I try to access my account through a PLAYSTATION 3 system now, I am not able to do so. What might be causing this problem?

Answer  

If your PLAYSTATION®Network account is not bound to a user account on your PLAYSTATION®3 system within a certain amount of time as determined by SCEA, then SCEA may have cancelled your PLAYSTATION®Network account.  Please create another PLAYSTATION®Network account.  The name that you initially selected for your PLAYSTATION®Network account may not be available to you.

"Tomorrow Could Be the Best Day of Your Life"-Tom DeLonge

Get your Portable ID!
Message 34 of 57 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2864 posts

Nov 17, 2006
I am sorry but this is Bull!
Message 35 of 57 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
972 posts

Nov 17, 2006
delete

Message Edited by coolguy2000 on 11-17-2006 01:01 AM

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 36 of 57 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 17, 2006
So it basically looks like we already have Playstation Network accounts (we're using them to post) and when we get PS3s, we just need to link them to accoutns created locally on the console...
Message 37 of 57 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

Nov 17, 2006
^^^ Are you sure?

Add me to your friends list. My PSN ID: CONNNECTZ
Yes, I have a headset (H500)
Message 38 of 57 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Nov 17, 2006

Tooon wrote:
So it basically looks like we already have Playstation Network accounts (we're using them to post) and when we get PS3s, we just need to link them to accoutns created locally on the console...

woah thats deep.....
Proud Canadian
PSN: btkadams

Message 39 of 57 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 17, 2006
It's the only thing that makes sense.  There are no links to a "Playstation Store" on the website that we can get to.
The online manual tells people to create an account on PlaystationNetwork, and towards the top of the pages here, it says "PlaystationNetwork".
Message 40 of 57 (4 Views)
0 Likes