Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 07 2010
By: golfergurl55 First Son 2 posts

Playstation Network Download help

7 replies 2444 views Edited Dec 7, 2010

Hi All! I am a newbie on PS3 and online gaming stuff. I am kinda stuck on how to download the PS3 network from my pc to my PS3. Do I need to buy a usb for this?

Message 1 of 8 (2,444 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Playstation Network Download help

Dec 7, 2010
Um, download the Playstation Network from your PC?

Well, at the bottom of this page, you can seethe PS3 System Update box. That has links and instructions on how to download the PS3's Latest System Software using a USB drive. And you need a USB drive, or a CD/DVD/Bluray, or a memory card.

But other PSN Stuff like games, game updates, game dlc, etc, you cannot download using a PC. You can downloading using the PS3 only.
Message 2 of 8 (2,444 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Dec 7, 2010

What exactly are you trying to download?  If you want to download games, demos, etc. you need to connect your PS3 to the Internet and download directly from the PlayStation Store on the PS3 itself, it's not possible to download items on your PC and transfer them to the PC.

Message 3 of 8 (2,444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 7, 2010

I am trying to play HSGOOB online after downloaded game and updates. I got a message I have to sign up for playstation network which I did and on the webite it says to download the network installer from pc to psp.

PlayStation®Network Downloader

The PlayStation®Network Downloader application is needed to move content from a PC to a PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system.

Download

The following is an explanation of how to use PlayStation®Network Downloader.

What is PlayStation®Network Downloader?

PlayStation®Network Downloader is software used to move content from a PC to a PSP™ system.

This software must be installed on the PC before PlayStation®Store content can be used.

Installing PlayStation®Network Downloader
  1. Download PlayStation®Network Downloader to the PC. Click the button at the top of this page to start the download. You can save the software to a folder of your choice.
  2. Find and click on the downloaded file to start the PlayStation®Network Downloader installer. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the installation.
Downloading content from a PC to a PSP™ system.
  1. Connect the PSP™ system and the PC using a USB cable.
  2. Select (USB Connection) under ( Settings) on the PSP™ system. The PSP™ system enters USB connection mode.
  3. Purchase (download) content from PlayStation®Store. PlayStation®Network Downloader starts automatically and content is downloaded to the PSP™ system.

Downloaded content can be accessed from the PSP™ system's XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) screen.

Hint:
During a download, if a message asking you to select an application to open the file is displayed, select "PlayStation®Network Downloader" to open the file.

Uninstalling PlayStation®Network Downloader

PlayStation®Network Downloader can be uninstalled from the PC under "Control Panel" > "Add or Remove Programs".

Operating environment

The following environment is required to use PlayStation®Network Downloader.

PSP™ system
System software version 6.00 or later

• PC operating system
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition *1
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional *1
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition *1
  • Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ Home Basic *2
  • Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ Home Premium *2
  • Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ Ultimate *2
  • Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ Business *2

*1 Service Pack 2 or later is recommended. Only users with administrator privileges can install and run the software.
*2 Only users with administrator privileges can install PlayStation®Network Downloader. After installation, users with general user privileges can run the software.

Message 4 of 8 (2,444 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Dec 8, 2010

golfergurl55 wrote:

I am trying to play HSGOOB online after downloaded game and updates. I got a message I have to sign up for playstation network which I did and on the webite it says to download the network installer from pc to psp.

PlayStation®Network Downloader

The PlayStation®Network Downloader application is needed to move content from a PC to a PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system.

Download

The following is an explanation of how to use PlayStation®Network Downloader.

What is PlayStation®Network Downloader?

PlayStation®Network Downloader is software used to move content from a PC to a PSP™ system.

This software must be installed on the PC before PlayStation®Store content can be used.

Installing PlayStation®Network Downloader
  1. Download PlayStation®Network Downloader to the PC. Click the button at the top of this page to start the download. You can save the software to a folder of your choice.
  2. Find and click on the downloaded file to start the PlayStation®Network Downloader installer. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the installation.
Downloading content from a PC to a PSP™ system.
  1. Connect the PSP™ system and the PC using a USB cable.
  2. Select (USB Connection) under ( Settings) on the PSP™ system. The PSP™ system enters USB connection mode.
  3. Purchase (download) content from PlayStation®Store. PlayStation®Network Downloader starts automatically and content is downloaded to the PSP™ system.

Downloaded content can be accessed from the PSP™ system's XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) screen.

Hint:
During a download, if a message asking you to select an application to open the file is displayed, select "PlayStation®Network Downloader" to open the file.

Uninstalling PlayStation®Network Downloader

PlayStation®Network Downloader can be uninstalled from the PC under "Control Panel" > "Add or Remove Programs".

Operating environment

The following environment is required to use PlayStation®Network Downloader.

PSP™ system
System software version 6.00 or later

• PC operating system
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition *1
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional *1
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition *1
  • Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ Home Basic *2
  • Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ Home Premium *2
  • Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ Ultimate *2
  • Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ Business *2

*1 Service Pack 2 or later is recommended. Only users with administrator privileges can install and run the software.
*2 Only users with administrator privileges can install PlayStation®Network Downloader. After installation, users with general user privileges can run the software.

That's for PSP.  You said you were trying to download it for PS3?

Message 5 of 8 (2,444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 29, 2013

golfergurl55 wrote:

Hi All! I am a newbie on PS3 and online gaming stuff. I am kinda stuck on how to download the PS3 network from my pc to my PS3. Do I need to buy a usb for this?

golfergurl55 wrote:

golfergurl55 wrote:

golfergurl55 wrote:

Message 6 of 8 (1,179 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30409 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Great first post there zervos, or were you having trouble?

Message 7 of 8 (1,175 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18720 posts

Jan 29, 2013

golfergurl55 wrote:

|Welcome to the PS Community.

golfergurl55, you cannot download PS3 downloable content (DLC) from the PSN store to your PC to then transfer to the PS3 console.

What you can now do is: access the PSN Web Store & purchase the DLC. Then, on the PS3, download this via your Download List

PSN Web Store

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Accessing your Download List [PS3]

Sign In/Account Management/Transaction Management/Download List

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 8 of 8 (1,173 Views)
0 Likes