Nov 23 2012
By: MrPatchy Lombax Warrior 136 posts
Accepted Solution

Playstation All-Stars local multiplayer

5 replies 681 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

I'm having a difficult time getting my Vita version of the game to party up with my PS3 version. Say I have two friends over, I have two controllers and a Vita, and we all three want to play. So how can I party up with my buds on PS3 from Vita in Playstation All-Stars?

Message 1 of 6 (681 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11670 posts

Re: Playstation All-Stars local multiplayer

Nov 23, 2012
You would need two PSN accounts.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 2 of 6 (653 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Nov 23, 2012

I have 3 PSN accounts on my PS3. So I tried using my brothers account on the PS3's PS All-Stars and I used my account on the Vita's PS All-Stars but I can't seem to be able to invite the PS3 from the Vita or vice versa. Has anyone here sucessfully played with a friend using cross-play?

Message 3 of 6 (637 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11670 posts

Nov 23, 2012
I have. What do you mean you couldn't invite? I know when I did it, me and my brothers names didn't show up as online, but we invited each other anyways and got it to work.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 4 of 6 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Nov 24, 2012

I'm not to sure why you couldn't invite was there somehting you forgot to mention?.  I have been able to do what you asking though my setup was a bit different I still had no problems. My brother and I both and have a PS3 and Vita so I couldn't resist trying them all out at the same time with some friends. The invited were sent from a PS3 and all devices received them without any problems.

I have to admit it was a bit of a (NO WAY) moment when I stopped looking at the Vita screen and automatically started using the Screen hooked up to the PS3. The reaction times were so seamless I didn't see one bit of lag between each system. Even tried 2 PS3's my Vita and invited a Friend off the network and still had no problems with connection. In the end the only problem was that we all spent 5+ hours playing and didn't realize the time.

As long as the Vita has a different account then the PS3 you can use it as another controler just fine. 

Message 5 of 6 (609 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Thanks man that helped alot! Like you said my friends name wouldn't show up on the invite list in the game, but I was able to invite the Vita and get it working. It's pretty cool using the Vita as a controller I must say!

Message 6 of 6 (594 Views)
0 Likes