Treasure Hunter
7988 posts

Re: Playstation 4 versus high-end PC

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

Some people don't buy a new PC every year. I'd imagine there are alot more people running Windows Vista on their home PC's than windows 7 or 8 right now.

You're still making very broad generalizations and not thinking clearly at all.  You really think you can just purchase whatever card you want and plug it in and instantly have a better gaming expereince. You are wrong.

Take into account that a lot of average PC owners would need to pay someone to install the card, drivers, ect. and you're even more wrong.

Being wrong doesn't make you a bad person....it just makes you wrong...which you are.

PC games take up a lot of space on HD's. Again not everyone upgrades their hardware every year or two. So you can't know that everyone has a PC that meets the requirements to use them for gaming. On the other hand most people that have a console definitely meet the requirements because they are all the same. Keep trying though I like that you keep wacking a dead horse with that really big annoying stick....

Also read the title of this post PS4 verses HIGH END PC...replacing a video card in your dell, gateway, or HP doesn't make it high end.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd73/rseverclear/Lightemuprsteele2.png

Message 71 of 77 (1,503 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

May 7, 2013

rsteele wrote:

Some people don't buy a new PC every year. I'd imagine there are alot more people running Windows Vista on their home PC's than windows 7 or 8 right now.

You're still making very broad generalizations and not thinking clearly at all.  You really think you can just purchase whatever card you want and plug it in and instantly have a better gaming expereince. You are wrong.

Take into account that a lot of average PC owners would need to pay someone to install the card, drivers, ect. and you're even more wrong.

Being wrong doesn't make you a bad person....it just makes you wrong...which you are.

Lol, it's funny how naive you are. FYI, I was running Vista until this February or end of January...can't remember the exact date. Now I'm running 7. Not sure what that has to do with anything though.

I just upgraded most of my components at that time, so I'm not a fair comparison now, but before now, I had been using a computer from 2007 with only the video card upgraded in that time and I could run any game "better" than a PS3. I could tell you how much I spent on my upgrade, but you probably won't believe me anyway...plus I know I'm an exception because I have a connection.

I've probably been building PCs longer than you've been alive, not just personally, but in a professional environment too when I was a Network and Systems Administrator. I know quite a lot about PCs and assure you it's not as expensive as you'd like to believe, nor as difficult to upgrade. But hey, if you want to live in the dark, be my guest. I have nothing against consoles. If you want to play GoW, or INfamous, etc., you can't do that on a PC. But I do have a problem with people who think consoles are cheaper at launch than equivalent PCs.

Message 72 of 77 (1,484 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7988 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

http://imgur.com/a/S67t0#0

I've only been doing this for the last 3 years. However I've been doing very well at selling people game time on consoles and PC's.

It doesn't matter what I believe you apparently know everything and have never been wrong before so this being your first time I can tell it's bothering you. It obviously means more to you than it does to me since I'd rather have fun and not be so very upset about the fact that you can't spend the same money on a PC as a console and expect a decent gaming experience. Again you have chosen to ignore the obvious and speak on your expereince alone which can't be viewed as average as you just admitted you have connections and above average experience in dealing with PC and hardware. So once again how more wrong can you be?

We have right at 50 stations in house including PC and consoles. Alas what more can I say other than you're so wrong.

Message 73 of 77 (1,482 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

May 7, 2013

kythunder wrote:

the-end.jpg

original2.jpg

Smiley Tongue

Message 74 of 77 (1,479 Views)
Fender Bender
3614 posts

May 7, 2013

JonathanCarabalo wrote:

Jdurg wrote:
Just a thought, but the CPU comparison is really bupkiss there. Speed of the CPU or number of transistors means nothing. The total calculations per second that can be performed is the key item here. In my personal laptop, it's only got a 1.6 GHz CPU in there, I believe, but it outperforms the INCREDIBLY old Pentium 4, 4.0 GHz overclocked CPU I have in the desktop computer I haven't turned on in about 7 years.

With how CPU architecture and design differs from chip-to-chip, you can't go by the clock speed or transistor count any more. You need to be able to compare based upon architecture independent stats such as data processing ability, or calculations per second.

Yes but these are identical architectures.  ATi's 226 GB/s PC video card and it's 176 GB/s + 75 GB/s SRAm Playstation 4.  And AMD's x86 architecture is pretty much as good as its transistor count - 200 million.  It can't be better - no way can it compare to a 1 billion transistor Intel Core I7, that's for sure.

Did you really just do that? I think you just did that....

You compared a gpu to a cpu...

Why did you do that? It has no value it is a void concept now.

Anyways other then you completely messing up comparing, you also fail to specify the gpu that you are comparing.

Either you messed up or you don't know anything about computers...

And don't say that your an engineer blah blah, anyone can say that doesnt mean you are....

I build computers, have been for years now. Part of my job is knowing the difference between a cpu and a gpu...

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 75 of 77 (1,374 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3614 posts

May 7, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

I didnt read the OP, but I can tell you a true "high end" gaming computer's stats are better than the Ps4's 

The Ps4, upon release, will compare to a mid-range gaming PC, still very powerful...but not as much as what I would consider a "high end" machine. I've built computers that cost over $6,000.00 Im sorry, but the PS4 just wont touch that.

The term "high end" is very subjective...so depending on what YOU interpret that to meen is how the Ps4 will stack up against one.

One thing everyone is looking over and not seeing about the ps4..

And that is that the ps4 is not a computer it is a game console...

Game code is written for the console only..

The tech going into it is 6 years old people, it will be outdated just like the ps3 was when it was released...

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 76 of 77 (1,374 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7988 posts

May 7, 2013
Apples to oranges folks. I don't get why the PC crowd has any hostile feelings towards consoles. They may be different planets but its still the same universe. It is very lazy to pick certain specs to compare and not do a complete rundown of what's what and not only the cost, but ease of use, accessories, ect.

Everyone keeps mentioning the cost of games, the. Psn store has a wide selection and games there are fairly cheap. So there's another void argument. I may not be an expert but I am very invested in video games and the people that play them and I can tell you the majority don't care what it costs, what system its on, if its fun and cool they play it. Some people forget that its my job not to let that happen!

Message 77 of 77 (1,370 Views)
0 Likes