Jun 08 2013
By: Andy55411 Sackboy 436 posts

Playstation 4 like controller in a movie

[ Edited ]
7 replies 180 views Edited Jun 8, 2013

I saw like a ps4 controller in a movie lastnight. even though it was a 2011 it looked a lot like the ps4 controller sony showed us. I'm not a fanyboy of any console, I'm just happy some other console was advertised instead of the microsoft xbox console for once. I don't care what console you advertise, show the wii if you have to, just something other than the xbox all the freaking time. I think my wishes were answered lol.

I just had to share that Smiley Wink

My GT6 club number 1036691
the club is for my ;X2014 jr racing events I host.
we also have a facebook page, check it out by clicking here
Message 1 of 8 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
36714 posts

Re: Playstation 4 in a movie?

Jun 8, 2013

i guess thats pretty cool. they are probably making the ps5 controller as we speak

Message 2 of 8 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11728 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Columbia Pictures, which is a Sony company, has essentially advertised or shown PlayStation platforms being used in many of their pictures. Just look at The Benchwarmers, for example. On the Gus Bus you see and hear David Spade working PlayStation into the scene's dialogue.

Message 3 of 8 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Jun 8, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Columbia Pictures, which is a Sony company, has essentially advertised or shown PlayStation platforms being used in many of their pictures. Just look at The Benchwarmers, for example. On the Gus Bus you see and hear David Spade working PlayStation into the scene's dialogue.

That would explain why a sony product was in the movie. but still found it kinda cool.

Message 4 of 8 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jun 8, 2013

it was likely just a random PC gamepad that looks similar to the Playstation controller design.... and how "fat" the PC controllers are, it would be easy to mistake it for a PS4 controller.

With companies who are intentionally tight lipped about such things, I HIGHLY doubt it was a PS4 controller. No company is that stupid to actually do that.... as there would be no actual purpose.

As for mentioning "Playstation" in movies... coincidence as well, regardless if it was a Sony backed movie. 

Sometimes, a particular console can become synonymous to certain people. It took the release of the PS3 for my mom to stop calling my playstation a Nintendo.

My dad uses either xbox or playstation but he doesnt differentiate the two

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 8 (123 Views)
MVP Support
18888 posts

Jun 8, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Yeah in TV series too. In Heroes we got see Heavinly Sword. In Netflix own House of Cards we can see Kevin Spacey playing COD on a PS3 [he is holding a DS3]  The PSP has made apperance is several movies, one that comes to mind is Journery to the Center of the Earth [2008]

I like product placement Smiley Happy  With that said, Iron Man 3 was movie plamcent Smiley Tongue

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 6 of 8 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

it was likely just a random PC gamepad that looks similar to the Playstation controller design.... and how "fat" the PC controllers are, it would be easy to mistake it for a PS4 controller.

With companies who are intentionally tight lipped about such things, I HIGHLY doubt it was a PS4 controller. No company is that stupid to actually do that.... as there would be no actual purpose.

As for mentioning "Playstation" in movies... coincidence as well, regardless if it was a Sony backed movie. 

Sometimes, a particular console can become synonymous to certain people. It took the release of the PS3 for my mom to stop calling my playstation a Nintendo.

My dad uses either xbox or playstation but he doesnt differentiate the two

I see what you're saying. I didn't say it was a ps4 controller, I said it looked like a ps4 controller (even though I wrote the subject wrong lol). they even showed a tv with the notification popped up saying something (couldn't tell what it said) but it was clearly a playstation notification. granted it could've been recorded and played back the video to make it look like they're playing.

edit

subject fixed

Message 7 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Re: Playstation 4 like controller in a movie

Jun 9, 2013

what was the movie?

Message 8 of 8 (68 Views)
0 Likes