VP of Gaming
28985 posts

Re: Playstation 4 game price $70?

Nov 28, 2012

Murderstyle75 wrote:
I don't feel the problem lies with a games length as much as it has to do with a games actual difficulty. Content wise, most games are not much different. Some have even more content than the old days. It's hard to notice this though when our RPG's have fast travel and GPS and our games have weaker bosses if any, checkpoints around every corner and very simple puzzles. Games now days are shaped for the casual consumer. They are far too easy to play through and as a result feel like they have much less content.

The other thing is that if they're too long, the majority of people are going to lose (note the spelling) interest and quit playing. Also with the market saturated the way it is, you don't want someone playing a game for too long. Why you might ask? Because if they are playing a game for a prolonged amount of time, they won't buy the sequel. 

Message 21 of 32 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Murderstyle75 wrote:
I don't feel the problem lies with a games length as much as it has to do with a games actual difficulty. Content wise, most games are not much different. Some have even more content than the old days. It's hard to notice this though when our RPG's have fast travel and GPS and our games have weaker bosses if any, checkpoints around every corner and very simple puzzles. Games now days are shaped for the casual consumer. They are far too easy to play through and as a result feel like they have much less content.

The other thing is that if they're too long, the majority of people are going to lose (note the spelling) interest and quit playing. Also with the market saturated the way it is, you don't want someone playing a game for too long. Why you might ask? Because if they are playing a game for a prolonged amount of time, they won't buy the sequel. 

well it depends on the game, if it better they will buy it.

Me personally i will  just  play a mmo. one game or  buy the good  developrs game like rockstar games and few others.  I wont buy used or none of that..

i remember when neo geo  was out and games where 200- 300$.    My best guess is the atrari guy was right when spoke about it.  If  its alot micro tranctions of dlc going on then make the game 30$. The dlc will do the rest of 30-40$.

which is kinda  wrong but its not alot of ways you can save  beyond what psn is doing.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 22 of 32 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10134 posts

Nov 28, 2012
I see you mention MGS and the cut scenes. That's something I was just thinking about and completely left out. Games used to be very dependent on CGI. Especially Japanese developed titles. Now that dialogue in most games are in real time, most of the story happens on the go. Sure. Games might seem shorter but how much of uour extra time used to be spent with your controller in your lap?

It was the same thing with load times. I'm pretty sure all that wait time to do something as simple as enter a room greatly added to a games length when you add it all up.

Trophies/Achievements are another problem. People disagree with me about this point constantly because everybody loves their little entitlement points and claim they add to a game by making you play parts of a game you might not have played otherwise but what happens when you get all the trophies you can get? Most people do not play beyond achievements and while we used to best things like Resident Evil over and over again just for the fun of it, if those points and awards are no longer coming in, many people will no longer play them. A good ending with a lengthy credit reel is no longer rewarding enough. People need a level system just to feel rewarded. When these points are no longer coming in at a steady pace, they sell it and move on no matter how good or replayable the title is.
Message 23 of 32 (263 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Nov 28, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I have no problems paying $70..... then again, I dont buy a lot of games anyhow

Iv'e never had an issue with the $59.99 price tag on new PS3 games, if the games for the "PS4" were to raise to $69.99 I'd still have no problem, but I'd expect something more for my extra $10.00.

^ Took the words right out my mouth.

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 24 of 32 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Murderstyle75 wrote:
I see you mention MGS and the cut scenes. That's something I was just thinking about and completely left out. Games used to be very dependent on CGI. Especially Japanese developed titles. Now that dialogue in most games are in real time, most of the story happens on the go. Sure. Games might seem shorter but how much of uour extra time used to be spent with your controller in your lap?

It was the same thing with load times. I'm pretty sure all that wait time to do something as simple as enter a room greatly added to a games length when you add it all up.

Trophies/Achievements are another problem. People disagree with me about this point constantly because everybody loves their little entitlement points and claim they add to a game by making you play parts of a game you might not have played otherwise but what happens when you get all the trophies you can get? Most people do not play beyond achievements and while we used to best things like Resident Evil over and over again just for the fun of it, if those points and awards are no longer coming in, many people will no longer play them. A good ending with a lengthy credit reel is no longer rewarding enough. People need a level system just to feel rewarded. When these points are no longer coming in at a steady pace, they sell it and move on no matter how good or replayable the title is.

i  agree with you it was the gap members on  these forums who came up  with that trophy hunting idea  in games  and stunk of the place with complaints with it so much  it  is manditory on all psn/ ps3 games. Most gap member are mvp today..

You know alot devs made  some games impossible to get the trophies in  the ps3 titles, out of  spite of that rule. Me  personally i dont care for gaming trophies but as good friend  of mines explianed t meo it  bring replay  value and depth to the game. My whole thing is it shouldnt be the  whole reason for the game to be played. but wheb  your out number 300+-1 that rally cry is not going to be heard.

Me  personally   i  dislike online mp throphies the most becuase most are impossible  to  get with the said circumstances. Alot of my sport games trophies are  on 65% and the rest are in mp  that i dont care to, or try to get, becuase the devs make them to hard to attain out of spite of making trophies for the ps3 brand games.

Stuff like beat 1# fighter inthe world for the title online.. The odds of that guy still playing online is slim, even slimmer  playin him/her  in a  said match. On top of that you have win the  match. I like off line-trophies  a little better, i dont mind  going back to get them but the online ones are waste of time,its not about the challaenge. To me it takes away from team aspects and promote lone wolfing in games. I think if the game is mp  online only. ok make a  few challeging trophies. But  the sp  is where  trophies should be magic for the game ..  That just me alot dis agree, 

To many things going on  online, so many differnt intention online to  trying to be  make the  gamers get online a trophy..  Not all intention are good intention  online which make thing a littlle harder. . Over all i dont buy games for  trophies,but  some  do and it endless war of words too, when  you disagree about  trophies in games.

But agiann alot  of gamer intrested are different when they buy a game. I dont throphies mean your any better of gamer than the next, it just   you way to much time  on yur hand lol  ;Smiley Happy

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 25 of 32 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Nov 28, 2012

what will be the price of ps4?

Message 26 of 32 (241 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 14, 2013

If games rise to $70, which I assume is about 50 pounds UK money then I won't be buying new games ever. And if the console isn't backwards compatible with the ps3 ,then I might just not buy the console at all.

Message 27 of 32 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 18, 2013

On Amazon ps4 games are 99$ and 99€ in europe (127$). Certainly not a price i'm willing to pay.

Message 28 of 32 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3613 posts

May 18, 2013

bobdi wrote:

On Amazon ps4 games are 99$ and 99€ in europe (127$). Certainly not a price i'm willing to pay.

No games will be from $0-$60 they already confirmed....

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 29 of 32 (117 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 18, 2013

bobdi wrote:

Guess you forgot that CEO Jac Tretton already announced that PS4 game prices are going to be between $0.99-$60.00.

A lot of sites put what is known as "placeholders" when a new product is announced.... placeholder prices, placeholder pictures etc etc.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 30 of 32 (109 Views)