MVP Support
5153 posts

Re: Playstation 4 camera, who else is gettiing it?

Sep 16, 2013
@guruasaki no, PS4 camera is not compatible with the PS3.
Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 11 of 21 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Yeah. Some of my real life peeps love to video chat on ps3 so I'm getting it for ps4. Also hoping to see more moments like this

KZMProductionsGT
Message 12 of 21 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3600 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Pre-ordered mine through Amazon because Walmart would not allow a pre-order on it. You can also display your live image while broadcasting your games to you friends and family. Also I'm looking forward to playroom. 

Message 13 of 21 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Sep 16, 2013
I'll probably eventually get one but not right off the bat. I don't think it makes you weird if you don't use a pic of yourself btw lol. Some people just don't want everybody in the world seeing them. That just opens the door for trolls to make personal attacks. Besides, just because somebody has a pic doesn't mean its actually them. I myself will probably be using a Indianapolis Colts avatar if we can use whatever pics we want...

Message 14 of 21 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3600 posts

Re: Playstation 4 camera, who else is getting it?

Sep 16, 2013

I think the whole remaining anonymous thing is just a PS cultural thing. I think it will change once people start using it. It's funny how most people have no problem sharing their entire lives on facebook with people they barely know.

x8x-HYDRO-x8x wrote:
I'll probably eventually get one but not right off the bat. I don't think it makes you weird if you don't use a pic of yourself btw lol. Some people just don't want everybody in the world seeing them. That just opens the door for trolls to make personal attacks. Besides, just because somebody has a pic doesn't mean its actually them. I myself will probably be using a Indianapolis Colts avatar if we can use whatever pics we want...

Message 15 of 21 (99 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1183 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Amnalehu wrote:

I think the whole remaining anonymous thing is just a PS cultural thing. I think it will change once people start using it. It's funny how most people have no problem sharing their entire lives on facebook with people they barely know.

x8x-HYDRO-x8x wrote:

That's what I believe as well. As the the time goes by the PSN will be more of a social ecoystem then it is now. Also will remove the stigma of gamers being basement dwelling recluse. Gaming online is a social activity after all and we should be treating each other the same way as we would any human being in real life. Hiding behind avatars and a user name is what allows people to treat each other like crap. Playing video games online is a hobby for many people just like playing a sport is but the ladder has a much better community since people get to know each other on more a personal level then online gaming.

Now I'm not saying you should be blasting your personal info to everyone online but I don't see nothing wrong with addressing one another on a first name basis. If everybody had a name and a face the coummity would be 100x more friendlier since it would make peope more inclined to act in a civilized manner when online. 

Message 16 of 21 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Sep 16, 2013
I would send anybody a pic of me if they really wanted to see me but I think we should be able to use whatever we want as an avatar. I don't see anything wrong with it. Its the same way it works on internet forums. If you "want" to use a pic of yourself then by all means , go ahead. If you don't you shouldn't feel a responsibility to do so. If I know you and actually like you I'll probably end up video chatting with you anyway. If I don't know/like you then I don't see the point in you seeing a pic of me or me seeing a pic of you lol.

Message 17 of 21 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Sep 16, 2013
Controller already has a mic. Idc about my face being my avatar. That zombie <<<< is more handsome than me. He can stay.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 21 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Sep 16, 2013
Trolls will never be stopped anyway. People will use fake names, fake pics, and fake Facebook accounts.. It would be kind of like Playstation Catfishing lol.

Message 19 of 21 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Sep 16, 2013
I'm sure Sony dosnt play and will give warnings before dropping the ban hammer
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 21 (88 Views)
0 Likes