Highlighted
May 02 2013
By: TN604 First Son 2 posts

Playstation 4: PLEASE make an official racing wheel!

5 replies 2128 views Edited May 2, 2013

Please make a official genuine Sony racing wheel compatible with DriveClub and all future racing games on the PS4. There is a HUGE racing fan base out there that are losing interest from this specific genre over the last few years due to the same racing experience in every game. Its the 21st Century! Lets change the way we play racing games! We need a OFFICIAL racing wheel, with realistic feedback! One that imitates driving a real car, with stick shift, and clutch pedal for all those that are up for the challenge. One we can clamp to a sturdy coffee table. Not one of those flimsy cheap feeling logitechs.

Id love to see at least some of these ideas:

- Vibration when driving off track, (gravel, bumping into other vehicles)

- Paddle Shifters, Clutch, Shift Stick.

- Maybe a compatible Racing seat? for those who are willing to put out the extra dollars for the extreme experience.

Im sure this can all be done with todays technology. Thank you for DriveClub. That game makes my mouth water. I cant wait.

- From a lifelong Sony Fan. Please take the time to consider this idea. Thanks again.

Message 1 of 6 (2,128 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7356 posts

Re: Playstation 4: PLEASE make an official racing wheel!

May 2, 2013

I agree, a realistic racing wheel would sweet. I must say, though, that Gran Turismo 6 will probably be better than Drive Club Smiley Tongue 2,000 cars, maybe? *Drools*

PlayStation MVP Program 2001 to 2016
Message 2 of 6 (2,123 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29177 posts

May 2, 2013

TN604 wrote:

Please make a official genuine Sony racing wheel compatible with DriveClub and all future racing games on the PS4. There is a HUGE racing fan base out there that are losing interest from this specific genre over the last few years due to the same racing experience in every game. Its the 21st Century! Lets change the way we play racing games! We need a OFFICIAL racing wheel, with realistic feedback! One that imitates driving a real car, with stick shift, and clutch pedal for all those that are up for the challenge. One we can clamp to a sturdy coffee table. Not one of those flimsy cheap feeling logitechs.

Id love to see at least some of these ideas:

- Vibration when driving off track, (gravel, bumping into other vehicles)

- Paddle Shifters, Clutch, Shift Stick.

- Maybe a compatible Racing seat? for those who are willing to put out the extra dollars for the extreme experience.

Im sure this can all be done with todays technology. Thank you for DriveClub. That game makes my mouth water. I cant wait.

- From a lifelong Sony Fan. Please take the time to consider this idea. Thanks again.

Submit it to the Blog Share

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

But to be honest, there's plenty of options already for racing wheels, and they have just about all the features you listed.

http://us.fanatec.com/index.php?region=us&language=en

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/gaming-controllers

I've had the Logitech Driving Force GT for about three years now.

Message 3 of 6 (2,122 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

May 2, 2013

Funny, I was talking with my son when he was going to bed about my GT3 steering wheel after he asked if it was better to have a stick shift or automatic, and then after that I was just chatting with a buddy I haven't played with in awhile. He was talking about getting a Ferrari Steering Wheel for his PC he just built. Then I come on here and there's this thread. lol. Weird.

I loved my Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec Steering Wheel I got when it came out. Force feedback, felt solid, clamped to a table, F1 shifters on the back of the wheel. Very nice. I liked that I could tell from the feedback of the wheel that I was losing grip and could adjust using the analog pedals. Wish I would have never sold it to my brother in law.

Think I'll get this one next. Wonder if it'll work with my Vita. lol.

Message 4 of 6 (2,112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 2, 2013
Thanks all for the thoughts and input!

CaptainAlbator - Ill definitely give the blog a go, thanks!
Message 5 of 6 (2,104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

May 2, 2013
i support this i cant wait for GT6
Message 6 of 6 (2,100 Views)