Mar 16 2013
By: TheDster Gaming Beast 2195 posts

Playstation 4 BC, all past and future combined

[ Edited ]
32 replies 435 views Edited Mar 16, 2013

I think they need to make it BC with all past playstation systems.  I know they can, if they dont want to its all cause of greed.  So in my opinion they can keep it.  PC gamining is so much better and smoother, i never knew i was as good as i am using my mouse as the aimer in shooters on it till last night.  I think if they wont do exactly this, then it would cheaper and better to just get a gaming pc kit and 3tera hd for it and seperate it 1tera for win98, 1 tera for xp/vista and 1 tera for newest OS win has also PC games are so much cheaper and they are superior always.  I cant understand how that works?  Anyhow if you sep partiion that HD off into 3 sections, you dont need to hope these yahoos that make consoles makes them BC cause you got your own way of BC.  If that is possible which i think it could very well be.

98 wouldnt need that much 250 gig or 500 them games arent as big in file size as the newer ones so.  Give the rest to the other OS on the Hard drive.

Meanwhile you spend hundreds or thousands and hope they make the next console BC, arent you guys sick of that?  It seems like a waste of money.  When you could have a ultimate computer over all the profit they are intaking from us.  Maybe do what im talking and never have to be concered with BC if its possible which i think it is to do what im talking.  Nuthing really changes. 98-xp will only use what its limited to, if you got 16 gig of ram in the beast.  The only OS that will be able to take full advantage is the newer one.  The rest would only use what its limited to, as needed.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 33 (435 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
424 posts

Re: Playstation 4 BC, all past and future combined

Mar 16, 2013

You say its seems like a waste of money but the same could be said for the pc. You have to spend hundreds or thousands to have a pc to run all the latest games at the best settings only to find that it's outdated fairly quickly and you have to upgrade. I'm happy with with my ps3 and it does not bother me if it's BC or not. It's just personal preference. What really matters is that you're having fun on whatever your gaming console...isn't it?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 33 (408 Views)
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Mar 16, 2013

I think it's cheaper if backwards compatibility is not included in the system. People want cheaper systems. The main reason why I prefer consoles to PC for gaming is because majority of the games I enjoy aren't on the PC. It's all about preference though.

I keep my old systems so BC is not an issue for me.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 33 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

I got a 11 yr old pc that cost almost 1k at the time and it lasted ps2 and ps3, its better then both and still is even at the end of ps3.  I spent 25 bucks for a 300something mb nvidia card is all i did extra to it in 11 years.  It lasted thru two console gaming lifetimes, the games are cheaper and all.  I spent 2k for a tv and ps3 combo and 2k in games during ps3 the last 4 years.  This habit is more expensive by far.

If i bought a kit now i could make one for 800 maybe thats more up to date as well.  Were talking a good kit, i know the place that sold me that pc ripped me off as well.  Well they are in it to make money as well but still alot cheaper then Console gaming and Console is limited to 6 years.  I could of bought that kit for 500 though and saved 500.  I mean at that time cause at this time its probably not being sold unless you ebay pieces but if it was probably 150-200 today and its by far better then ps3 being 11 years old.

I think as much as they take from us cause they are rippoffs they can give us BC and not be concerned about not making enough money.  Just compare Ps3 and 360 games to PC and see even to this day.  PC is more supperior to i installed Fear last night and its like 100fps its so smooth and easyier to play then the consoles, with the mouse as aimer.  I was slaying stuff and i never do that good on Ps3.

Is Ps4 ram going to be 3 gig or 16gig cause this is what 16 costs,  http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=154017&Sku=C13-5724&csid=...  For 800 bucks it should come with 16gig id think?

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 33 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Sony should release 2 PS3 SKU's: One with backwards compatiblity with PS1, PS2 and PS3 games, and one with out it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 33 (371 Views)
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Mar 17, 2013

one pc good enough can last 4 console lifecycles if not more, 32 gig ram, 2gig graphic cards.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 33 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

I think it's cheaper if backwards compatibility is not included in the system. People want cheaper systems. The main reason why I prefer consoles to PC for gaming is because majority of the games I enjoy aren't on the PC. It's all about preference though.

I keep my old systems so BC is not an issue for me.

Only Sony exclusives,  I only like their God of War so far.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 33 (329 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 17, 2013
I'm actually more worried about it recognizing content. If the ps4 could see I have a game and then send it to gaikai or give me a key for it, then that's enough for me. I'm still upset they nerfed a few fighting games like pocket fighter, and ripped world tour from some games. Then again, maybe the store has properly upscaled content, and I wouldn't mind buying it as gain required the hdd is still a universal size and format...
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 33 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Mar 19, 2013

I would also prefer backward-compatibility, but it would not be cheaper buying a PC.  Compare the lifetime of a PC that costs the same as a console.  After the initial purchase, you would need to upgrade the PC every year or two to get the same performance with newly released games that the console provides.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 33 (226 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4499 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013

I don't understand why you think the PS3 wasn't sold at a loss.  It may seem like a strange business practice, but independent analysts concluded that the PS3 did cost over $600 to produce at launch and was sold at a loss at least until 2009.  Why would they lie about it if that was the case?  There is no reason to believe that, and no evidence that it was less expensive.  What makes you think the PS3 only cost $200 to produce at launch?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 33 (179 Views)
0 Likes