Jun 18 2013
By: xHuFF First Son 10 posts

Playstation 4 Accounts

10 replies 522 views Edited Jun 18, 2013
I haven't heard anything from Playstation about the PS4 Account system. Are the PS3 -accounts merging over? Or are we all going to start off fresh with new accounts?
Message 1 of 11 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
944 posts

Re: Playstation 4 Accounts

Jun 18, 2013

xHuFF wrote:
I haven't heard anything from Playstation about the PS4 Account system. Are the PS3 -accounts merging over? Or are we all going to start off fresh with new accounts?

Your account is linked to PSN. All your trophies and friends will trasnfer over to the PS4

Message 2 of 11 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11711 posts

Jun 18, 2013

xHuFF wrote:

unless you are a new psn user you wont need to create a new account as your current psn account can be assigned to the ps4 also

>

Message 3 of 11 (507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 18, 2013
Thanks for the input, I was already expecting that to happen. I just don't agree with that very much because there is a lot of people who haven't played in 3-4 years and they have names that aren't available because of that. So I feel like after 7 years of PS3 (I was still in 6th grade when PS3 came out, I just graduated High school), we should have a new start.
Message 4 of 11 (502 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5188 posts

Jun 18, 2013

xHuFF wrote:
Thanks for the input, I was already expecting that to happen. I just don't agree with that very much because there is a lot of people who haven't played in 3-4 years and they have names that aren't available because of that. So I feel like after 7 years of PS3 (I was still in 6th grade when PS3 came out, I just graduated High school), we should have a new start.

You can start a new account of you want. You just can't transfer anything from an old account to a new account.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 5 of 11 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11711 posts

Jun 18, 2013

xHuFF wrote:

and what if a person decided to come back to the playstation with the ps4 after being away for so long, shouldnt they be able to reclaim their name?

>

Message 6 of 11 (491 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10912 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Teus wrote:

xHuFF wrote:

and what if a person decided to come back to the playstation with the ps4 after being away for so long, shouldnt they be able to reclaim their name?

They can reclaim their name if they still have access to the email they used when they created the account.

Message 7 of 11 (483 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9870 posts

Jun 18, 2013

xHuFF wrote:

And what of the people who go from PS3 to PS4 and still want to keep their name? That don't want to lose all their stuff on the account, and doesn't want to race to re secure their name.When Sony started SEN, their plan was to make a single PSN log in for all Sony devices, that way you have 1 account for everything. It works well this way, with everything transfering over to the PS4.

Message 8 of 11 (477 Views)
Last Guardian
11711 posts

Jun 18, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Teus wrote:

xHuFF wrote:

They can reclaim their name if they still have access to the email they used when they created the account.

yea but  ot according to what xHuFF wants,,  he wants unused names to be freed up if the account remains unused for 3-4 years

>

Message 9 of 11 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17397 posts

Jun 18, 2013

I love my ps4 account.

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Message 10 of 11 (463 Views)