Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/25/2003
Offline
5662 posts
 

Re: Playstation 3 to have 10 year life cycle

Jul 24, 2005


stl.gangster wrote:
ps2 has a 10 year life cycle too, just as ps1 did. they release the next generation in the middle of a life cycle!


psOne,still had strong sales in its last few years , ull see price drops and,a small increase on sales for ps2 , when ps3 is around , just because,ps3 will be around doesn't mean ps2 games will still be made , i mean,psOne still had new games up till last year.   psOne games,didn't come out alot , but they were still made.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 31 of 39 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/31/2005
Offline
8402 posts
 

Re: Playstation 3 to have 10 year life cycle

Jul 24, 2005
I dont think the ps3 will last that long.,
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 32 of 39 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/14/2003
Offline
1039 posts
 

Re: Playstation 3 to have 10 year life cycle

Jul 24, 2005


Rub Car wrote:
Actually the 'life cycle',of a console is not how long developers will support it's games but how,long the console will go before 'dying'. Sony has said before that all,of it's consoles will have a 10-year life cycle, this includes the,original Playstation, PS2, and now the PS3. This means that after 10,years of having the console, it will stop working. Not because Sony put,some type of machine in the console to stop it after a certain amount,of time, but just because the console's parts will wear out. Just like,computers, I mean a computer that you bought ten years ago will never,be able to go as fast as it could when you first purchased it. This,'10-year life cycle' thing shouldn't really be new to anyone as Sony,has said it about every one of their systems.


If,you take care of your stuff, it will last longer than that.  I,have an original NES that still works.  I have a computer that's,about close to 10 years old that still works.  I have had many,other electronic devices, many by Sony, that still work after very long,periods of time.  It's all about taking care of it.
Message 33 of 39 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/21/2003
Offline
1866 posts
 

Re: Playstation 3 to have 10 year life cycle

Jul 24, 2005
The following generation will probably be VR, if there will be one that is. Another standard console would be lame.
,
 
,
 
Holy crap this site feels old, its almost 2008!
Message 34 of 39 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/02/2004
Offline
3165 posts
 

Re: Playstation 3 to have 10 year life cycle

Jul 24, 2005

,
,
,Rub Car wrote:
Actually the 'life cycle' of a console is not how long developers will support it's games but how long the console will go before 'dying'. Sony has said before that all of it's consoles will have a 10-year life cycle, this includes the original Playstation, PS2, and now the PS3. This means that after 10 years of having the console, it will stop working. Not because Sony put some type of machine in the console to stop it after a certain amount of time, but just because the console's parts will wear out. Just like computers, I mean a computer that you bought ten years ago will never be able to go as fast as it could when you first purchased it. This '10-year life cycle' thing shouldn't really be new to anyone as Sony has said it about every one of their systems.
,

,
,

WOW, you're downright stupid !,
_________________________________________________________________A Mastermind sees it coming before it comes
Message 35 of 39 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/19/2005
Offline
5073 posts
 

Re: Playstation 3 to have 10 year life cycle

Jul 24, 2005

,
,
,Streetdisciple wrote:

,
,
,Rub Car wrote:
Actually the 'life cycle' of a console is not how long developers will support it's games but how long the console will go before 'dying'. Sony has said before that all of it's consoles will have a 10-year life cycle, this includes the original Playstation, PS2, and now the PS3. This means that after 10 years of having the console, it will stop working. Not because Sony put some type of machine in the console to stop it after a certain amount of time, but just because the console's parts will wear out. Just like computers, I mean a computer that you bought ten years ago will never be able to go as fast as it could when you first purchased it. This '10-year life cycle' thing shouldn't really be new to anyone as Sony has said it about every one of their systems.
,

,
,

WOW, you're downright stupid ! ,

,
,

You cant call someone stupid without supporting your statement. A life cycle ending when something dies, (End of massive use or use at all) you are right, that is stupid </sarcasm>,


Message 36 of 39 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/30/2005
Offline
812 posts
 

Re: Playstation 3 to have 10 year life cycle

Jul 24, 2005
Interesting


Facta non verba. Saint Charles Highschool
Message 37 of 39 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/08/2004
Offline
2795 posts
 

Re: Playstation 3 to have 10 year life cycle

Jul 24, 2005


Cueil wrote:


Jak_the_man wrote:


Cueil wrote:
Game support for PS2 will end in 07 same with Xbox and friggen Gamcube is almost at an end right now

maybe for the xbox, but not for the ps2, you have no idea that they still make ps1 games do you?



How,many games are released for the PS1?  This year is it's tenth year if,I'm not mistaken and a few games does not make a console still alive...,did you know that Dreamcast still has games made for it?  Yes homebrew,is still alive and well, but does that mean it's still a living,console?  No... the PS1 has been dead since THPS3





Cueil wrote:


Jak_the_man wrote:


Cueil wrote:


Jak_the_man wrote:


Cueil wrote:
Game support for PS2 will end in 07 same with Xbox and friggen Gamcube is almost at an end right now

maybe for the xbox, but not for the ps2, you have no idea that they still make ps1 games do you?



How,many games are released for the PS1?  This year is it's tenth year if,I'm not mistaken and a few games does not make a console still alive...,did you know that Dreamcast still has games made for it?  Yes homebrew,is still alive and well, but does that mean it's still a living,console?  No... the PS1 has been dead since THPS3


No, people still buy ps1's and ps1 games in other parts of the world.



other parts of the world don't count... USA, Japan, Europe that's all that matters and really just western Europe


ok going by these two quotes alone.
,
,You do know in japan (one of the parts of the world that count) they,are still making Dreamcast games to this day? they aren't homebrew,games, they are made by real companies in japan. even though that,system "Died" 4 years ago.
,
,PS1 games still had games coming out for it for 2 years straight and,even the third year saw a few titles coming out for it (not many, like,5 for the year) before it just finnaly stoped.
,
,Hell Sony themselves still supported the PS1 after the PS2 release,,Microsoft is just abandoning the Xbox like rats deserting a sinking,ship. Nintendo granted they only do first part titles so they HAVE to,move on to their next system for it to even sell so they have an,excusse after the release of the Zelda title.
,
,Sony seems to be the only one that actually belives in their system,lasting more then the standard 5 year life cycle (4 in microsoft &,nintendo's case).
Message 38 of 39 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/23/2004
Offline
355 posts
 

Re: Playstation 3 to have 10 year life cycle

Jul 24, 2005

,
,
,Cueil wrote:

,
,
,Jak_the_man wrote:

,
,
,Cueil wrote:
,

,
,
,Jak_the_man wrote:

,
,
,Cueil wrote:
Game support for PS2 will end in 07 same with Xbox and friggen Gamcube is almost at an end right now ,

,
,
maybe for the xbox, but not for the ps2, you have no idea that they still make ps1 games do you?
,

,
,

,
How many games are released for the PS1?  This year is it's tenth year if I'm not mistaken and a few games does not make a console still alive... did you know that Dreamcast still has games made for it?  Yes homebrew is still alive and well, but does that mean it's still a living console?  No... the PS1 has been dead since THPS3

,
,
No, people still buy ps1's and ps1 games in other parts of the world.
,

,
,

other parts of the world don't count... USA, Japan, Europe that's all that matters and really just western Europe ,

,
,

People still buy PSOnes and PSOne games. In the US.  Just stop buy your local Wal-Mart, they're still selling it. I bought a couple of PS1 games not too long ago. Old classics.,
Message 39 of 39 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes