I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Re: Playstation 3 to have 10 year life cycle

Jul 24, 2005

,SuspiciousCharacter wrote:

,Rub Car wrote:

,SuspiciousCharacter wrote:

,Rub Car wrote:
Actually the 'life cycle' of a console is not how long developers will support it's games but how long the console will go before 'dying'. Sony has said before that all of it's consoles will have a 10-year life cycle, this includes the original Playstation, PS2, and now the PS3. This means that after 10 years of having the console, it will stop working. Not because Sony put some type of machine in the console to stop it after a certain amount of time, but just because the console's parts will wear out. Just like computers, I mean a computer that you bought ten years ago will never be able to go as fast as it could when you first purchased it. This '10-year life cycle' thing shouldn't really be new to anyone as Sony has said it about every one of their systems.

Wow..no..

Actually that is what it means.  My Playstation 1 doesn't work any more and my PS2 is already annoying as hell with all that loud whirring and humming. Consoles do eventually 'die'. Just look it up, that's what a console's life cycle is. What, do you think that you'll be able to actually use your PS2 ten more years from now?

Yes, I actually do.
I have old electronic junk, and although it is junk now, it still works.
My PS2 still runs well, PS1 is fine, Genesis is fine, SNES fine, NES, and of course, my Atari. Fine.
Maybe you mean leaving the consoles on for ten years?(88082 hours) Yeah, that could do it.

EDIT: N64 is doing well.

Message Edited by SuspiciousCharacter on 07-23-2005 10:48 PM

Your NES works?  You have the 2nd ed model? top loaded?,
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15686 posts

Jul 24, 2005

Cueil wrote:
Game support for PS2 will end in 07 same with Xbox and friggen Gamcube is almost at an end right now

maybe for the xbox, but not for the ps2, you have no idea that they still make ps1 games do you?
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15686 posts

Jul 24, 2005

Rub Car wrote:
Actually the 'life cycle',of a console is not how long developers will support it's games but how,long the console will go before 'dying'. Sony has said before that all,of it's consoles will have a 10-year life cycle, this includes the,original Playstation, PS2, and now the PS3. This means that after 10,years of having the console, it will stop working. Not because Sony put,some type of machine in the console to stop it after a certain amount,of time, but just because the console's parts will wear out. Just like,computers, I mean a computer that you bought ten years ago will never,be able to go as fast as it could when you first purchased it. This,'10-year life cycle' thing shouldn't really be new to anyone as Sony,has said it about every one of their systems.

thats not what he meant at all. 10 years is when sony will stop supporting the console.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2415 posts

Jul 24, 2005

Cueil wrote:

SuspiciousCharacter wrote:

Rub Car wrote:

Rub Car wrote:
Actually,the 'life cycle' of a console is not how long developers will support,it's games but how long the console will go before 'dying'. Sony has,said before that all of it's consoles will have a 10-year life cycle,,this includes the original Playstation, PS2, and now the PS3. This,means that after 10 years of having the console, it will stop working.,Not because Sony put some type of machine in the console to stop it,after a certain amount of time, but just because the console's parts,will wear out. Just like computers, I mean a computer that you bought,ten years ago will never be able to go as fast as it could when you,first purchased it. This '10-year life cycle' thing shouldn't really be,new to anyone as Sony has said it about every one of their systems.

Wow..no..

Actually,that is what it means.  My Playstation 1 doesn't work any more and,my PS2 is already annoying as hell with all that loud whirring and,humming. Consoles do eventually 'die'. Just look it up, that's what a,console's life cycle is. What, do you think that you'll be able to,actually use your PS2 ten more years from now?

Yes, I actually do.
My PS2 still runs well, PS1 is fine, Genesis is fine, SNES fine, NES, and of course, my Atari. Fine.
Maybe you mean leaving the consoles on for ten years?(88082 hours) Yeah, that could do it.

Message Edited by SuspiciousCharacter on 07-23-2005 10:48 PM

Your NES works?  You have the 2nd ed model? top loaded?

Yep.

straight outta compton what
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jul 24, 2005

Rub Car wrote:

Rub Car wrote:
Actually,the 'life cycle' of a console is not how long developers will support,it's games but how long the console will go before 'dying'. Sony has,said before that all of it's consoles will have a 10-year life cycle,,this includes the original Playstation, PS2, and now the PS3. This,means that after 10 years of having the console, it will stop working.,Not because Sony put some type of machine in the console to stop it,after a certain amount of time, but just because the console's parts,will wear out. Just like computers, I mean a computer that you bought,ten years ago will never be able to go as fast as it could when you,first purchased it. This '10-year life cycle' thing shouldn't really be,new to anyone as Sony has said it about every one of their systems.

Wow..no..

Actually,that is what it means.  My Playstation 1 doesn't work any more and,my PS2 is already annoying as hell with all that loud whirring and,humming. Consoles do eventually 'die'. Just look it up, that's what a,console's life cycle is. What, do you think that you'll be able to,actually use your PS2 ten more years from now?

Yes, I actually do.

Message Edited by SuspiciousCharacter on 07-23-200510:48 PM

I'm,sure your N64 is doing great as is mine and my NES and my Genesis but I,don't recall those consoles being manufactured by Sony. I never said,anything about Nintendo's or Sega's life-cycles, those consoles,probably have longer lifecycles than the 3 Playstations. Write to those,company's to find out their life cycles but I'm talking about Sony.

Rub Car is my name,
and God of War is my game.
If you don't like that,
then man yo @$$ is lame!
If you like my whack raps,
then give me a holla.
My e-mail is RubCar91@aol.com,
don't call unless youse a balla.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Jul 24, 2005

,Jak_the_man wrote:

,Cueil wrote:
Game support for PS2 will end in 07 same with Xbox and friggen Gamcube is almost at an end right now,

maybe for the xbox, but not for the ps2, you have no idea that they still make ps1 games do you?

How many games are released for the PS1?  This year is it's tenth year if I'm not mistaken and a few games does not make a console still alive... did you know that Dreamcast still has games made for it?  Yes homebrew is still alive and well, but does that mean it's still a living console?  No... the PS1 has been dead since THPS3
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
778 posts

Jul 24, 2005
I heard that is was gonna be quite long (10 years) or more
SOCOM 3: US NAVY name: 5WAT_K
GAP MEMBER
SO FAR I BETA TESTED: FIRETEAM BRAVO,?,?,?
I have owned many people and you may be next.
Also if you are flaming people you may need COUNSELING
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15686 posts

Jul 24, 2005

Cueil wrote:

Jak_the_man wrote:

Cueil wrote:
Game support for PS2 will end in 07 same with Xbox and friggen Gamcube is almost at an end right now

How,many games are released for the PS1?  This year is it's tenth year,if I'm not mistaken and a few games does not make a console still,alive... did you know that Dreamcast still has games made for it? ,Yes homebrew is still alive and well, but does that mean it's still a,living console?  No... the PS1 has been dead since THPS3

No, people still buy ps1's and ps1 games in other parts of the world.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Jul 24, 2005

,Jak_the_man wrote:

,Cueil wrote:

,Jak_the_man wrote:

,Cueil wrote:
Game support for PS2 will end in 07 same with Xbox and friggen Gamcube is almost at an end right now ,

How many games are released for the PS1?  This year is it's tenth year if I'm not mistaken and a few games does not make a console still alive... did you know that Dreamcast still has games made for it?  Yes homebrew is still alive and well, but does that mean it's still a living console?  No... the PS1 has been dead since THPS3

No, people still buy ps1's and ps1 games in other parts of the world.

other parts of the world don't count... USA, Japan, Europe that's all that matters and really just western Europe,
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2415 posts

Jul 24, 2005

Rub Car wrote:

Rub Car wrote:

Rub Car wrote:

Wow..no..

Yes, I actually do.

Message Edited by SuspiciousCharacter on 07-23-200510:48 PM

I'm,sure your N64 is doing great as is mine and my NES and my Genesis but I,don't recall those consoles being manufactured by Sony. I never said,anything about Nintendo's or Sega's life-cycles, those consoles,probably have longer lifecycles than the 3 Playstations. Write to those,company's to find out their life cycles but I'm talking about Sony.

You said: Consoles do eventually 'die'. Just look it up, that's what a console's life cycle is.
,I guess you should have said consoles except for everything but Sony.
,Once again, my Sony consoles are doing great.
,My fatty PS2 and my grey, Pepsi encrusted PS1.

,"I mean a computer that you bought ten years ago will never be able to go as fast as it could when you first purchased it."
,I don't know about that.
,My old compaq from around 11ish years ago(not sure) seems to be working just fine with its new wireless network card.
,Bring up cars next, please..

straight outta compton what
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 39 (2 Views)
0 Likes