Nov 02 2012
By: DrKillShot152 First Son 1 posts

Playstation 3 first gen? 40gb Broken?

3 replies 122 views Edited Nov 2, 2012

Hi my ps3 is really screwed up i think.  When i flip on the power switch it just turns the playstation on.  It is red for only a few moments then right to green.  Just to top that the power nor eject buttons work.   Help me please.  Also there is no sound or picture doesnt matter if i do AV cables or hdmi tried on several tv's.

Message 1 of 4 (122 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Playstation 3 first gen? 40gb Broken?

Nov 2, 2012

Does your system act like this?:

If so you have the YLOD. A proper repair is going to cost at least $100, so you may want to consider replacing the unit entirely with one of the newer more reliable versions...

Message 2 of 4 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

DrKillShot152 wrote:

Hi my ps3 is really screwed up i think.  When i flip on the power switch it just turns the playstation on.  It is red for only a few moments then right to green.  Just to top that the power nor eject buttons work.   Help me please.  Also there is no sound or picture doesnt matter if i do AV cables or hdmi tried on several tv's.

get a new ps3 .. now click on accept as solution

Photobucket
Crap Box.. it only does everything poorly and charges you for it.
Message 3 of 4 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Does your system act like this?:

If so you have the YLOD. A proper repair is going to cost at least $100, so you may want to consider replacing the unit entirely with one of the newer more reliable versions...

I dont think he have the ylod. My ps3 had a similar problem but different is my turn off while his stays on. When the ps3 is plug in the back and the power switch flip to on. The ps3 will automatally turn itself on without you even touching the power button on the front. It turns green, stay green for a while then turns off (no yellow light or flashing red). After that, the power or eject button on the front wont respond anymore. My fix was, i just give it a reflow and hoped it work and what you know, it worked. OP can try a reflow if he's familiar with reflowing the ps3.

Message 4 of 4 (93 Views)
0 Likes